PDA

View Full Version : 5 and 5 and still in the hunt... we control our destiny

X-Era
11-24-2015, 04:33 AM
The Bills can control their own destiny. WE face the Chefs next who are also 5 and 5 and then play Houston the following week who sit at 5 and 5 as well.

The Chefs are the big worry since their schedule is weak after us.

We need Tyrod to be fine. That's huge.

We're right in the thick of it and can beat KC and Houston. I'm not giving up on our playoff hopes yet.

Random musings:

Cut Dan Carpenter after the seasons over and bring back Dustin Hopkins. Hopkins is a FA and has done really well for the Skins.

Need an upgrade to our backup G position. I don't want to watch Urbik again.

Seriously hope Miller is fine but I'm guessing it's a broken foot

McKelvin is probably gone after this year. The fumbles and his cap hit make him a likely cut IMO.

I'm glad Rex finally figured out how to use our defense. Now if we can just get Roman to use Sammy and Woods.

swiper
11-24-2015, 04:41 AM
Carpenter is streaky.

Urbik wasn't the worst lineman last night. The tackles struggle against the NE DEs.

McKelvin wrote his ticket out of town last night. It will happen after this season.

chernobylwraiths
11-24-2015, 05:07 AM
I said yesterday that if the Bills lose this and win the next two, they are in good shape.

Night Train
11-24-2015, 05:24 AM
I said yesterday that if the Bills lose this and win the next two, they are in good shape.

Agreed.

They have to prove it and I'm certainly not banking on it. Yet that seemed the scenario before last nights kickoff.

They were already 5-5 in my little mind. I was thinking KC.

Cleve
11-24-2015, 05:33 AM
Biggest concern is Tyrod Taylor; if his collar bone is fractured or broken.... he's essentially done for the season. I don't see the Bills making the playoffs with EJ Manuel in the pocket.

Historian
11-24-2015, 07:48 AM
Biggest concern is Tyrod Taylor; if his collar bone is fractured or broken.... he's essentially done for the season. I don't see the Bills making the playoffs with EJ Manuel in the pocket.

We could always trade next year's first and fourth to Dallas for Cassel....

EDS
11-24-2015, 08:04 AM
Carpenter is streaky.

Urbik wasn't the worst lineman last night. The tackles struggle against the NE DEs.

McKelvin wrote his ticket out of town last night. It will happen after this season.

Henderson looked like the Bills worst offensive lineman last night. I did notice on one play where it seemed like Henderson and Urbik were not on the same page as a Pats rusher went largely unblocked when Urbik moved inside to help Wood and Henderson was too wide to get to the rusher.

GreedoII
11-24-2015, 08:09 AM
The Bills can control their own destiny. WE face the Chefs next who are also 5 and 5 and then play Houston the following week who sit at 5 and 5 as well.

We're right in the thick of it and can beat KC and Houston. I'm not giving up on our playoff hopes yet.

Random musings:

Cut Dan Carpenter after the seasons over and bring back Dustin Hopkins. Hopkins is a FA and has done really well for the Skins.

McKelvin is probably gone after this year. The fumbles and his cap hit make him a likely cut IMO.

I'm glad Rex finally figured out how to use our defense. Now if we can just get Roman to use Sammy and Woods.

Henderson is terrible bad penalty on opening drive cost a 1st down

Kickers miss all the time it's the fact NE scored was the problem due to getting decent Field Position. Again happens every week with the NFL

Miller looks to be done so it's urbik. Deal with it

McKelvin will be gone due to cap

KC/Hou are the bigger games than last night. Just win and they are good unless that turd scrub EJ plays then it's over...

trapezeus
11-24-2015, 08:28 AM

Random musings:

how has ****ty urbik survived 3 coaching changes when people have seen how bad he is for 3 coaches. Fix the line for god sake and get some depth!

The Jokeman
11-24-2015, 09:10 AM
how has ****ty urbik survived 3 coaching changes when people have seen how bad he is for 3 coaches. Fix the line for god sake and get some depth!

Urbik is depth! Toss in he had to replace bust draft pick Richardson. The truth is teams can win with back up offensive lineman starting, look no further than our opponent yesterday. Yes, they have a elite franchise QB but we showed that even he can be less than perfect and you can find ways to win. The Bills lost as a team yesterday as Taylor/McCoy's inability to score a TD lead to Carpenter's missed FG which lead to the defensive collapse to let New England score a TD just before the half and netted us the loss. It's hard to believe but one missed pass to MCoy lead to so much but that's how close it is from being perfect and a 0.500 team in today's NFL.

justasportsfan
11-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Now if we can just get Tyrod to use Sammy , Clay and Woods.

fixed it for you. When Sammy is in single coverage, he's open. Thats not an OC problem .Tyrod has to pull the trigger.

The Jokeman
11-24-2015, 09:21 AM
fixed it for you. When Sammy is in single coverage, he's open. Thats not an OC problem .Tyrod has to pull the trigger.

Taylor double tapped that ball so much last night it was bugging me to all heck. At least Trent would check down to try and move the chains Tyrod just stands there waiting, waiting starts to run around with his eyes down field and then throws a pass that nobody can catch.

Ed
11-24-2015, 09:26 AM
If the Bills beat the Chiefs they'll move into 6th no matter what happens in the other games. Even if Houston wins, the Bills will be ahead based on AFC record. And if the Steelers lose at Seattle the Bills would move ahead of them too and into 5th based on AFC record.

I would say playing at KC looks like their toughest remaining game by far. So if they can win this week, there's no reason they can't make a strong run at the playoffs. Houston looks beatable and that games in Buffalo. The Eagles and Redskins look like ****. The Cowboys will likely be out of the playoff race by week 16 and with that game being in Buffalo it has big "run for the bus" potential. The Jets and Fitz seem to be getting worse by the week and we already know we can beat them. Plus they still have to play the Pats again too.

justasportsfan
11-24-2015, 09:35 AM
Taylor double tapped that ball so much last night it was bugging me to all heck. At least Trent would check down to try and move the chains Tyrod just stands there waiting, waiting starts to run around with his eyes down field and then throws a pass that nobody can catch.

I noticed that our receivers all of a sudden become open when we're desperate and have to throw the ball. Early in the game Tyrod just seems to play not to lose. There's the occasional throw down the field that even JP used to do but other than that, kinda Trentative and still stares down his targets.

feldspar
11-24-2015, 09:48 AM
We played Kansas City the past two seasons, and they absolutely STOLE both of those games in Buffalo. They got outplayed, but won anyway in inexplicable ways. I really want to beat them based on that alone, but this is a must win game if we want to play meaningful football in December.

We still have 3 out of our next 4 games on the road, too.

But the KC game is like a playoff game at this point. Hopefully we can recover from this New England game on a short week...lots of guys banged up now, not the least of which is our QB. After that, the Texans aren't aren't exactly pushovers anymore right now, but that game won't matter so much if we don't beat KC.

jamze132
11-24-2015, 11:12 AM
I feel like the Bills defense used up all their energy against the Pats and will get hammered by the Chiefs.

Mr. Pink
11-24-2015, 11:31 AM
Honestly, last nights game was completely meaningless for the Bills playoff chances.

They could have won last night and then lost against KC and been basically done for playoffs, reverse that and win against KC and they're in the drivers seat.

gebobs
11-24-2015, 12:58 PM
I feel like the Bills defense used up all their energy against the Pats and will get hammered by the Chiefs.

According to the NYT simulator, we are at 35% to make the playoffs right now. Beat the Chiefs and we bounce to 65%.

But I'm with you. I have no confidence in this team right now. Our vaunted DL just wasn't good enough against the NE patchwork OL. And our offense is limited by a skittish QB behind a shaky OL. How are they going to do anything against Houston/Hali?

stuckincincy
11-24-2015, 02:03 PM

Taylor simply does not have the skills to prosper as an NFL starting QB. He filled in now and again during his tenure with BAL. All clubs had the book on him. None made a strong move to acquire him while he was under a BAL contract.

BUF is in the same boat as they have been for years.

Mace
11-24-2015, 05:48 PM
We can still be just fine.

I'm not so sure we will be, but we can be. Rex's D stepped it up, but let's face it, he's fixated and this was his Super Bowl.

He has not been consistent, they have not been consistent, I'm not so sure anything much changed besides Ryan giving his most inspired defensive effort against his most nagging hated nemesis. I mean did he really just figure out how to use them or just go all obsessive compulsive on that particular game ?

psubills62
11-24-2015, 08:25 PM
KC has a pretty easy schedule from here on out. This is a win we really need to get. Even if we beat them, they could easily go 4-2 in these last 6 games. I assume one of Pittsburgh or the other 5-5 teams will surge as well for the wild card.

In the end, as always, it comes down to us taking care of business and winning.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-24-2015, 08:29 PM
KC has a pretty easy schedule from here on out. This is a win we really need to get. Even if we beat them, they could easily go 4-2 in these last 6 games. I assume one of Pittsburgh or the other 5-5 teams will surge as well for the wild card.

In the end, as always, it comes down to us taking care of business and winning.

KC is basically our first playoff game. Our realistic path to the playoffs requires us to go 4-2 with wins over KC and Houston. If we lose to those two, we're basically cooked no matter what happens with our tour of the NFC East.

Historian
11-25-2015, 08:57 AM
7-9

Mr. Pink
11-25-2015, 10:11 AM
All they need to do is win the next 2 and they'll be in the drivers seat for a playoff spot.

Lose 1 and it's all but over...lose both and the season is over.

Simple as that.

Yasgur's Farm
11-25-2015, 10:26 AM
LOL... That's how Brady got his break and won his 1st SB. A struggling Pats team loses it's starter to a shreaded artery... The rest is history.