PDA

View Full Version : Ej

trapezeus
11-24-2015, 08:30 AM
At start of year I wanted ej kept because I didn't think we saw enough to know. After his 2 starts, I've seen enough. If tyrod is hurt, I still think the bills have a better chance with an injured tyrod than ej.

Lets st all hope they can get tyrod ready for next sunday

Typ0
11-24-2015, 09:04 AM
That is exactly why EJ was not put into the game last night....and we would have had a much better chance to win by getting Taylor off the field he was hurt and could not make the throws he needed to make.

justasportsfan
11-24-2015, 09:09 AM
Meh, I so a little bit of EJ last night in Tyrod. Tentative and off target.

TacklingDummy
11-24-2015, 09:49 AM
The Bills win that game last night if EJ plays as well as he did after his meltdown.

Turf
11-24-2015, 10:29 AM
If he can't be put in when your QB is obviously hurt, what are we doing here. We had three backup in preseason, and none of them are good enough.

Victor7
11-24-2015, 10:44 AM
That was Taylor worst game of the year. He looked like EJ looks all the time. Hesitant, unable to scan a defense and wildly off target. Very disappointing and concerning going forward.

With that said I'd rather play Taylor on a bad shoulder and a wheel chair than have to watch 3 take another snap for this team.

Novacane
11-24-2015, 10:45 AM
The Bills win that game last night if EJ plays as well as he did after his meltdown.

That's one huge if.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Tyrod looked terrible last night. Any kind of decent QB play last night and the Bills win.

alohabillsfan
11-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Not even debatably, I'll take injured Tyrod, over bent ****can EJ

stuckincincy
11-24-2015, 12:51 PM

Heh...that's like choosing between Scylla and Charybdis. :handball:

Bill Cody
11-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Taylor was bad last night. Once he got hurt he was pitiful. I expect the usual suspects to say ******ed things based on blind EJ hate but it's absurd not to play EJ if Taylor is hurt and he probably is.

sudzy
11-24-2015, 05:50 PM

"IF"?!?!
It was a lot more likely that EJ would score 3 more TD for NE.

WagonCircler
11-24-2015, 06:25 PM
After all of this, we still have no real QB.

WagonCircler
11-24-2015, 06:26 PM

EJ's entire career is a meltdown.

He needs to go away forever.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2015, 06:41 PM
Ummm. Tyrod sucks just as bad as EJ.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2015, 06:42 PM

Not smart.

WagonCircler
11-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Ummm. Tyrod sucks just as bad as EJ.

No, he doesn't.

You can be horrendous and still be much better than EJ.

notacon
11-25-2015, 09:51 AM
At start of year I wanted ej kept because I didn't think we saw enough to know. After his 2 starts, I've seen enough. If tyrod is hurt, I still think the bills have a better chance with an injured tyrod than ej.

Lets st all hope they can get tyrod ready for next sunday

Spoken like a true fickle Bills fan. You are wrong.

No, an injured Tyrod at the end of the Pats game was NOT better than EJ might have been.

The smart move after Taylor hurt his shoulder, would have been to put EJ in. What was needed was a strong arm, and if anything, EJ has shown a remarkable penchant for making long passes. No, it does not mean that he deserves to start in place of Tyrod. He doesn't because he sucks.

But, at the end of the Pats game, and after a pretty poor showing by Taylor, the Bills had a much better chance of pulling off the upset with EJ rather than a wounded and bad paying Taylor.

OpIv37
11-25-2015, 09:55 AM
Spoken like a true fickle Bills fan. You are wrong.

No, an injured Tyrod at the end of the Pats game was NOT better than EJ might have been.

The smart move after Taylor hurt his shoulder, would have been to put EJ in. What was needed was a strong arm, and if anything, EJ has shown a remarkable penchant for making long passes. No, it does not mean that he deserves to start in place of Tyrod. He doesn't because he sucks.

But, at the end of the Pats game, and after a pretty poor showing by Taylor, the Bills had a much better chance of pulling off the upset with EJ rather than a wounded and bad paying Taylor.
The coaches don't believe that because if they did, EJ would have finished the game. The injury gave them the perfect out to pull Taylor without hurting his confidence and without having to justify it to the media later.

This coaching staff has absolutely zero confidence in EJ.

Yasgur's Farm
11-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Rex said... He left the decision in TT's lap. So no... The coaches didn't make the decision to keep EJ on the bench, TT did.

Stop the hate.

OpIv37
11-25-2015, 10:29 AM
Rex said... He left the decision in TT's lap. So no... The coaches didn't make the decision to keep EJ on the bench, TT did.

Stop the hate.

Yeah, they did, because Rex didn't have to give Taylor a choice.

Are we really jumping through hoops to try to defend EJ here?

Yasgur's Farm
11-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Nope... Just bringing some sanity to offset those who jump thru hoops to bash him.

Sounds like... "Oh man... TT farted and nobody b itched about the smell... More proof that EJ sucks."

OpIv37
11-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Nope... Just bringing some sanity to offset those who jump thru hoops to bash him.

Sounds like... "Oh man... TT farted and nobody b itched about the smell... More proof that EJ sucks."

The coaches made him a healthy scratch with the only backup being a guy they signed off the streets 3 weeks before, for a div game with playoff implications. Now they didnt play him when Taylor was hurt. This isn't bashing- the coaching staff has no confidence in him. They are only going to use him if they are absolutely forced to.

Yasgur's Farm
11-26-2015, 10:25 AM
The coaches made him a healthy scratch with the only backup being a guy they signed off the streets 3 weeks before, for a div game with playoff implications. Now they didnt play him when Taylor was hurt. This isn't bashing- the coaching staff has no confidence in him. They are only going to use him if they are absolutely forced to.Don't you see the stretches you're making here? Rex explained the healthy scratch and even said 100% EJ is the back-up. Why haven't they made him a healthy scratch since then? Coaches had him warming up on the sideline in case TT couldn't answer the bell... That was the coaches call. TT was given the choice and chose to stay in even though he was totally ineffective (I feel that did not give us the best chance to win that game).

I still think this is a TT farting analogy. That's the only reason I feel the need to chime in on this continual crap.

Oh... And... Happy Thanksgiving.

sudzy
11-26-2015, 12:54 PM
So, basically, the Bills coaches felt more comfortable with an injured, mostly ineffective Tyrod Taylor then a healthy EJ? YF, that doesn't bode well for EJ.

swiper
11-26-2015, 03:12 PM

Embarrassed, YF tries to cover his Manuel lust from the rest of the board.

If you'll recall, he was jumping up and down like a little kid when his preseason QB rating was over 100 after two game appearances against scrubs.

swiper
11-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Manuel is a pathetic excuse for a QB.

Proof is that Taylor was holding himself in pain and they wouldn't pull him for Manuel. Proof.

Yasgur's Farm
11-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Do you post anything that's not negative toward players and posters? Oh... Yeah... Matt Cassel. How's your choice for starter doing?

swiper
11-26-2015, 03:37 PM
You also lack reading comprehension. I wanted Matt Cassel to start over Manuel. I never claimed he was a great choice.

Swing and miss again.

You do that a lot.

Yasgur's Farm
11-26-2015, 03:51 PM
You talk in circles...

notacon
11-26-2015, 04:18 PM
The coaches don't believe that because if they did, EJ would have finished the game. The injury gave them the perfect out to pull Taylor without hurting his confidence and without having to justify it to the media later.

This coaching staff has absolutely zero confidence in EJ.

That may be true. The coaching staff has shown a stunning lack of ability this season. They took a top notch defense and made it average.

Maybe they should care more about the best chance to win a game instead of their personal grudge with Whaley.

notacon
11-26-2015, 04:21 PM

Stop the hate.

I didn't read this before I responded.

So... the coaches are admitting that the players are running the team?? Wow. Again, Rex is showing that he's still not a top notch coach. His ego is bigger than his coaching skills.

swiper
11-27-2015, 04:12 AM
You talk in circles...

Reading comprehension. Find some.

Yasgur's Farm
11-27-2015, 08:34 AM
When you find yourself repeating... Just stop! That's a clear indication that the argument is over.

trapezeus
11-27-2015, 09:06 AM
At the start of season people were calling me an ej homer. And all I said was I wanted to see more than 14 starts. There was a sequence in the Giants game where he scrambled by turning his back to the line and then taking a sack, never looking down field and then pinning the bills deep in their end and punting from the endzone on that third down play. That play was indicative of his entire career. I also felt that since it didn't change from when he was pretty much given the starter position vs really having to battle to make the team, he didn't learn much. he could come in with more of a sense of urgency. And he did not, culminating in one of the worst performances vs the worst team in the league in London.

So I take a little offense that I'm seeing this from a basher only view of EJ. I still think he seems like a good guy and I hate that it hasn't worked out for him.

As for tyrod's performance on Monday night, it was no different than his other performances. He has a few big plays in him and he runs a fairly bland 3 and out offense. Part of it is him. He throws to people who are only open. He doesn't throw it to a spot. The rest is the play calling. I don't know which is worse. But they rely on the big play, not consistency.

That at all being said, ej wasn't going to move them 80 yards in foxboro. He usually needs a full game to have a few effective drives. It was a horrible position for the team to be in, but that is the life of most NFL teams.

trapezeus
11-27-2015, 09:13 AM
That may be true. The coaching staff has shown a stunning lack of ability this season. They took a top notch defense and made it average.

Maybe they should care more about the best chance to win a game instead of their personal grudge with Whaley.
You wanted proof that the coaches didn't like ej. But you think it's fair to say Ryan has a grudge with Whaley. That was marrone and Whaley.

And furthermore, it is much more diplomatic to say, I let tt tell me how he felt, than to say, we don't trust ej at all so as long as tt said he was willing to gut it out, we let him play.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2015, 02:27 AM
I thought it was pathetic of Rex to let TT keep playing while he was obviously in serious pain. I think both Tyrod and EJ suck badly but if these *******s think TT is there guy, there was no reason to let an obviously injured player keep playing. They should have put EJ in. It's as simple as that, imo.

swiper
11-28-2015, 05:09 AM
When you find yourself repeating... Just stop! That's a clear indication that the argument is over.

Hope you got to see that Matt Cassel 16-play TD drive on Thanksgiving. Tony Romo couldn't get that done in 3-plus quarters using the same personnel against the same personnel. More proof Cassel is still the best of the three.

Don't go away mad. Just go away.

swiper
11-28-2015, 05:13 AM
At the start of season people were calling me an ej homer. And all I said was I wanted to see more than 14 starts. There was a sequence in the Giants game where he scrambled by turning his back to the line and then taking a sack, never looking down field and then pinning the bills deep in their end and punting from the endzone on that third down play. That play was indicative of his entire career. I also felt that since it didn't change from when he was pretty much given the starter position vs really having to battle to make the team, he didn't learn much. he could come in with more of a sense of urgency. And he did not, culminating in one of the worst performances vs the worst team in the league in London.

So I take a little offense that I'm seeing this from a basher only view of EJ. I still think he seems like a good guy and I hate that it hasn't worked out for him.

As for tyrod's performance on Monday night, it was no different than his other performances. He has a few big plays in him and he runs a fairly bland 3 and out offense. Part of it is him. He throws to people who are only open. He doesn't throw it to a spot. The rest is the play calling. I don't know which is worse. But they rely on the big play, not consistency.

That at all being said, ej wasn't going to move them 80 yards in foxboro. He usually needs a full game to have a few effective drives. It was a horrible position for the team to be in, but that is the life of most NFL teams.

LOL. So you took 16 games to see Manuel sucked? Oh.... take your offense that more intelligent fans saw that a long time ago. The rest of your post is just gibberish where you finally admit both the QBs are bad. Some of us have been telling you that all along. Learn to listen to those more intelligent than yourself.

Look at Bert's diagram of TT's throws before you start tring to use his completion percentage to defend him.

Yasgur's Farm
11-28-2015, 08:17 AM
Hope you got to see that Matt Cassel 16-play TD drive on Thanksgiving. Tony Romo couldn't get that done in 3-plus quarters using the same personnel against the same personnel. More proof Cassel is still the best of the three.

Don't go away mad. Just go away.So... You've stopped preaching about garbage time stats?

Mr. Pink
11-28-2015, 08:27 AM
As long as the franchise figures out that priority number 1 in the offseason is to go get another QB, I don't care who starts anymore.

Both guys are complete and utter garbage and it really doesn't matter who starts.

EJ is still better than Tire Fire Taylor, not that it matters.

swiper
11-28-2015, 08:59 AM
So... You've stopped preaching about garbage time stats?

Again. Reading Comprehension issues follow you. Cassel was playing against starters in a game that mattered. When you did it, Manuel was playing against 3rd stringers, on defenses that had no game plan, in games that didn't matter. And you posted his stats so proudly. LOL.

Yasgur's Farm
11-28-2015, 09:07 AM
You need to learn better debating techniques. I'm moving on to other topics... But I'm sure you'll stalk me there too.

swiper
11-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Hard to admit you lost. Bye bye.

trapezeus
11-28-2015, 09:24 AM
LOL. So you took 16 games to see Manuel sucked? Oh.... take your offense that more intelligent fans saw that a long time ago. The rest of your post is just gibberish where you finally admit both the QBs are bad. Some of us have been telling you that all along. Learn to listen to those more intelligent than yourself.

Look at Bert's diagram of TT's throws before you start tring to use his completion percentage to defend him.
I never did defend tt. I said his stats don't tell his full story. You have to look at his #3 and outs.

Yes, I like to see if people can grow into things. Specifically in a league where the saying is that you need 2-3 years.

You our being the more intelligent poster is one of the funnier things you've said.

At the end of the day, the bills have been a legendarily bad team for a long time. So it's really easy to be negative from the get go on everyone who comes in and say, " they will be bad".

But it for bad teams to get good, you do need to see if people progress. So for the more nuanced fan, you are looking for markers where a player might be getting it.

I dont think tt is that good, but he also has a short body of work. If he starts throwing accurately to spaces on the field vs needing a wide open receiver, he'll get it. If he doesn't, he's at his ceiling.

swiper
11-28-2015, 11:04 AM
You are far from nuanced. That was rich. Thanks for the chuckle. Get back to us when you finish reading NFL 101.

trapezeus
11-28-2015, 01:42 PM
I disagree with yagurs farm but had an interesting conversation

with swiper, it's like you want to kill every thread.