X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

No Two Minute Drill?

The ineptness with which they handled the last two minutes was so amateurish that its mind boggling. No time outs, and the game plan was to CALL EACH PLAY IN and not to have set plays or a two minute hurry up offense that can be run. They look so bad.
    We had like a 1:54 left, ran one play, and didn't run up to the LOS to run another play, rather waited for the play to be called in over the headset! Are you kidding me? 20 seconds ran off the clock, 20, the refs then stopped he clock to look at the replay, which in fact they should have had to add the 20 seconds back on the clock, but no one on the Bills sideline was aware enough to question this. They run another 8 seconds off the clock to get the play off. They literally ran 30 seconds off the 40 second clock with no timeouts to get their second play of the game ending drive off.
    Simply unreal that a professional NFL football team and supposedly high end coaching staff could allow this to happen.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: No Two Minute Drill?

They have run the 2 minute like that all year. I'm yelling the clocks running out morons!

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

The Bills definitely have a LOT of communication issues. There is absolutely no excuse for these continuous ****ups.

Comment

• Victor7
        • Jul 2013

This has been going on all year long. Its week 12 and it can't get fixed. Its pathetic and so unprofessional from a supposed professional franchise.

I can dial up anybody in the world, have video conferences, make money transfers and do all sorts of stuff from my mobile while sitting on the toilet and this idiots can't get the ****ing head sets fixed?? How many weeks have we seen it happen? Unreal.

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

I guess my point is there is no time for plays be called in. The QB should be able to call multiple plays and/or got to the line and call the play. I've seen EJ do it for God sakes. You don't stand there and wait for a play to be called in, you take charge and run the team.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
            This has been going on all year long. Its week 12 and it can't get fixed. Its pathetic and so unprofessional from a supposed professional franchise.

I can dial up anybody in the world, have video conferences, make money transfers and do all sorts of stuff from my mobile while sitting on the toilet and this idiots can't get the ****ing head sets fixed?? How many weeks have we seen it happen? Unreal.
            And year after year, season after season, the stadium is sold out.

Pogo was right.
            Last edited by stuckincincy; 11-24-2015, 01:53 PM. Reason: syntax error
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

This continually annoys me. Even when they are theoretically in hurry-up, they don't hurry. Everyone strolls around, the playclock winds down with a long snap count, after the play everyone strolls back, like the clock doesn't matter.

I'm not really going to say everyone. I didn't pay attention yesterday, but earlier in the season, McCoy, Robert Woods, and Incognito would hurry then look around appearing to wonder why no one else was. No sense of urgency in general whatever.

Doesn't really look like they do anything different for 2 minutes and under than they do for any other series. Don't understand it. Annoys me.

On the plus side we are innovating by being the only team with a slow motion 5 minute 2 minute hurry up.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                I guess my point is there is no time for plays be called in. The QB should be able to call multiple plays and/or got to the line and call the play. I've seen EJ do it for God sakes. You don't stand there and wait for a play to be called in, you take charge and run the team.
                My "favorite" part was when they took forever to get the play called, and then when they ran it, it was just four streak routes and a halfback into the flat. Real innovative strategy there, guys.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

The second to last drive was even worse. We had one timeout left, down two scores, and they're taking their sweet old time like we could just get a TD whenever. They blew a few minutes off that clock completely unnecessarily, and took nearly every play down to about 5 seconds left on the play clock. No urgency at all and guess what? We ran out of time on our next drive. Completely shocking...to anyone who has never watched football before.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
                    The second to last drive was even worse. We had one timeout left, down two scores, and they're taking their sweet old time like we could just get a TD whenever. They blew a few minutes off that clock completely unnecessarily, and took nearly every play down to about 5 seconds left on the play clock. No urgency at all and guess what? We ran out of time on our next drive. Completely shocking...to anyone who has never watched football before.
                    This is the kind of thing that really makes you wonder how this coaching staff would not recognize this. Knowing them, they would probably call a time out to tell them to go into the hurry up.

Comment

Working...
                    X