• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

NFL: The clock should've stopped for Watkins

The NFL has admitted that Bills receiver Sammy Watkins got out of bounds with two seconds remaining on Monday night, meaning the Bills should have had time to run one last play in their 20-13 loss to the Patriots.

How convenient. Another blown call that helped the Patriots in a win.

This league if ****ing rigged.
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: NFL: The clock should've stopped for Watkins

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-seconds-left/

How convenient. Another blown call that helped the Patriots in a win.

This league if ****ing rigged.
    If it's not rigged, then the refs just don't understand the game of football. How could anyone actually think that Watkins gave himself up? At that point in the game? He just gave up?? Are you fisting me?!

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

The worst part is that no one on the entire officiating crew or booth thought a review in the last 2 minutes of a game was worth it. Especially considering it would have given the Bills one last play in a one score game?

Nah, lets go home...

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

^ that play is not reviewable. Which is stupid in and of itself.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
          ^ that play is not reviewable. Which is stupid in and of itself.
          Yup, and it's only not reviewable because of how the 'judgement call' that they used. What a load of crap.

I mean, not that it would have mattered. There's such a small chance of an end of the game hail mary working, but still..

Comment

• Victor7
            • Jul 2013

Tell me something I didn't know Dean. You ignorant ****

I wonder if someone asked him about how they never put time back on the clock after they took forever to decide on reviewing the spot on Woods play earlier. Ditto for the sack fumble in which Steratore again took to the microphone to explain whatever never bothering to clock the damn thing.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Refs reviewing things while the clock runs & then spot the ball after a delay is another joke. Stop the game and get things right, then restart the clock.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                • Feb 2013

This game had all of the makings of the "just give it to them" game all over again

The Patriots faced a fourth-and-nine on the Buffalo 36 with 11 seconds left, and quarterback Drew Bledsoe threw a sideline pass to Shawn Jefferson at the first-down marker. Television replays indicated Jefferson was out of bounds, meaning the Bills could run out the clock for the win.
                Not so fast. Two officials met at the spot of the reception and argued over what the call should be while Bills receivers Andre Reed and Quinn Early looked on in astonishment.

DECISION
                "One guy finally said to the other, 'Give it to them, just give it to them,' " Reed said angrily. "Crap like that is uncalled for.
                "They started looking at me like 'Is he in, is he in?' ''
                The decision gave the Patriots a first down and one last shot at an unlikely victory. Six seconds remained.
                With the ball on the Buffalo 26, Bledsoe lofted a Hail Mary-like pass into the front corner of the end zone. The ball bounced off the chest of Patriots receiver Terry Glenn with no time left.
                But the game was not over. Bills defensive back Henry Jones was called for pass interference, leaving the Patriots with one final play from the Buffalo one-yard line.
                "The receiver was up to catch the ball," Coleman said. "(Jones) went right through the receiver. He was not playing the ball and made contact with the receiver."
                The Patriots immediately cashed in, with Bledsoe hitting tight end Ben Coates for the winning touchdown.
                The Bills were so peeved they left the field without lining up for the extra point.
                Without having to worry about an opposing defence, the Patriots ran in a two-point convert.
                http://slam.canoe.com/FootballNFL98Games/nov29_buf_ne.html
                Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 11-25-2015, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Mike
                  • Jan 2009

I see this ever week in the NFL.

In just about every game, officials are making a negative impact and their mistakes are influencing the outcomes of games. This isn't about the league hating on the Pats or Bills or any other team. All games are being officiated at about this level.

I hope this happens in the SB. That would be some awesome drama!
                  Please Make Sense

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Cry cry cry. Tyrod Taylor sucks and they shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. I thought Greg Roman was a competent coordinator but I was wrong. He sucks balls. No wonder San Francisco fans were happy to see him gone.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

I mentioned this in another thread yesterday. Bottom line is that it wouldn't have mattered. But it was a wrong call. Which is penultimately frustrating. Championed only by the losing itself.

Comment

• sudzy
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
                        Cry cry cry. Tyrod Taylor sucks and they shouldn't have been in that position to begin with. I thought Greg Roman was a competent coordinator but I was wrong. He sucks balls. No wonder San Francisco fans were happy to see him gone.
                        Think San Fran fans are still happy to see Roman go? They've score a NFL low 139 points, 40 points less then any other team. And the QB he was forced to work with there is one step away from being cut. Roman has made Tyrod, at times, look like a "functional" QB. Just like he did with Kap. So Greg might be a borderline miracle worker. He's taken a team with no true QB and has the 10th best scoring offense in the NFL. I'd love to see what he could do if he ever got his hands on a real NFL QB.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

IDK. Can't form an opinion one way or another on Roman yet. He did come under fire for his play-calling in SF before his exodus. I certainly don't think he's bad. But Chan Gailey may have been better.

I don't see him throwing over the middle much. Not too many screens to throw off the defense. Shady makes him look better than he is. Too many factors. Gotta give it until the end of the season to call good or bad on Roman. He can look like a genius (Dolphins games) or brutal (Patriots games). And much of it is how his personnel perform. It's an act in development to me. But they must get better. 3 & outs are frustrating to watch.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

The refs are geniuses. They influence the outcome of the games while pretending to be incompetent knowing full well what they're doing. Take a look at the spread and see if Vegas won or not.

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Hence the fix is in.

Comment

Working...
                              X