PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod needs to go.

Mr. Cynical
11-29-2015, 01:38 PM
There's a graphic in the game day thread that speaks volumes. He is not making the passes over the middle. That is unacceptable. That also reinforces the idea that he can't scan the field for open receivers. He's locking on the outside, as that is easier to read (less players, less confusion), and isn't as quick to release (over the middle slants are fast out of the hands) That's not going to cut it. I liked his grit and athleticism - still do - but it is painfully clear he can't be the QB next season. I don't have the solution, but it is not him.

Typ0
11-29-2015, 01:40 PM
It would be nice to get a guy who is better than him....but who?

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2015, 01:42 PM
It's not in the game day thread.

justasportsfan
11-29-2015, 01:42 PM
He needs more experience and better coaching.

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2015, 01:43 PM
He needs more experience and better coaching.

No. He's needs to be a back up. Not a starter. Baltimore had it right.

justasportsfan
11-29-2015, 01:48 PM
No. He's needs to be a back up. Not a starter. Baltimore had it right.

I'm not saying he's the answer to anything but he had zero experience in regular season games.

I would still look to draft a qb if there is one

Typ0
11-29-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm not saying he's the answer to anything but he had zero experience in regular season games.

I would still look to draft a qb if there is one

Oh please no rookies.

don137
11-29-2015, 02:00 PM
Taylor does not have metal makeup to be a franchise QB. Too many bad decisions. No clue why he stopped throwing to Sammy.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2015, 02:01 PM
291 yards
3 TDs
0 Ints.

Yeah he sucks.

Luisito23
11-29-2015, 02:05 PM
Oh please no rookies.

I would take a promising rookie over this dumb *** all day, everyday.

ICRockets
11-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Anybody who watched that game today knows Tyrod is the least of our concerns. Yes, he has shortcomings. But there is absolutely no question in my mind that Tyrod can be the QB for a playoff team if he's got the right coaching staff around him. He doesn't. It's abundantly clear to every single one of us that Rex Ryan needs to go.

Crisis
11-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Tyrod on last year's team is a playoff team.

Rex turned this defense into ****.

Thurmal
11-29-2015, 02:29 PM
He's a guy you can win with with a good defense and decent running game. Our defense went from one of the best in 15 years to average and, despite having two great running backs, Roman finds a way to either abandon the run or call the most long-developing, ineffective running plays possible.

justasportsfan
11-29-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm all for getting rid of Tyrod If we can get Rivers.

Typ0
11-29-2015, 02:55 PM
291 yards
3 TDs
0 Ints.

Yeah he sucks.

after the horrible QBs we have had I don't see how anyone can gripe about Taylor especially considering what we were looking at to begin camp. Taylor has been a very bright spot of the season. Still, we need better play from the position and that means Manuel has to go. Might as well get some competition in there....real competition.

Mr. Cynical
11-29-2015, 02:58 PM
He's a guy you can win with with a good defense and decent running game. Our defense went from one of the best in 15 years to average and, despite having two great running backs, Roman finds a way to either abandon the run or call the most long-developing, ineffective running plays possible.

He's a guy that can get a team to .500, maybe 9-7. That's best case scenario IMO. I'm not satisfied with that and although I know it's a monumental task to find the franchise qb, they need to try harder next year.

mdcas22
11-29-2015, 03:16 PM
after the horrible QBs we have had I don't see how anyone can gripe about Taylor especially considering what we were looking at to begin camp. Taylor has been a very bright spot of the season. Still, we need better play from the position and that means Manuel has to go. Might as well get some competition in there....real competition.

are you people blind? sure he makes a couple of nice throws a game but most of his success today came on chucking the ball at sammy and sammy bailing him out. when you need him to make a play he can't, like the 2 point conv. he couldn't even throw the ball up for grabs and thats on him. thats like taking a sack on the last play of the game.

ct bills fan
11-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Tyrod is the least of our problems. Anybody who can't see that I don't know what to tell you. Run D, coaching, woods pass catching, penalties, piece of sh@t Carpenter, special teams in general, did I mention coaching, pass rush.... Much bigger concerns. For the love of God, look at Tyrod's stats and see the last time we had a qb who's performed so well. Only thing he does wrong is hold onto the ball too long at times. I'd like to see him take off and run more often but I think he's "coached" not to do that

ct bills fan
11-29-2015, 03:31 PM
He's a guy that can get a team to .500, maybe 9-7. That's best case scenario IMO. I'm not satisfied with that and although I know it's a monumental task to find the franchise qb, they need to try harder next year.

Absolutely wrong though no way of proving it either way

DynaPaul
11-29-2015, 03:34 PM
You guys are crazy. He's the best QB we've had in years. Does he have shortcomings? Of course, every QB does, but overall he's been much better than what we've had.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2015, 03:36 PM
It still amazes me how some people are still all pro Tyrod Taylor.

He's not even the best QB on the roster, let alone the best QB this team has had in years.

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2015, 03:44 PM
291 yards
3 TDs
0 Ints.

Yeah he sucks.

Flip flop much?

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2015, 03:46 PM
and what is with all this Carpenter hate? He missed one ****ing extra point in a windy pouring rain game. Even the best kickers have been missing a few all year.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Flip flop much?

No.
Stats = He's awesome.
Watch the actual game = He was terrible.

mdcas22
11-29-2015, 03:50 PM
No.
Stats = He's awesome.
Watch the actual game = He was terrible.

exactly

Novacane
11-29-2015, 03:56 PM
If the defense was playing at last years level Tyrod would have us at 8-3. We could do better at QB but we have bigger concerns.

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2015, 04:06 PM
If the defense was playing at last years level Tyrod would have us at 8-3. We could do better at QB but we have bigger concerns.

Yeah. His name is Rex Ryan. He needs to go before anyone else.

Novacane
11-29-2015, 04:12 PM
It still amazes me how some people are still all pro Tyrod Taylor.

He's not even the best QB on the roster, let alone the best QB this team has had in years.

Don't be stupid. He's better than EJ.

mdcas22
11-29-2015, 04:44 PM

not much which isn't saying much.

Turf
11-29-2015, 04:58 PM
You really should pick on Roman who consistently drives inside the 10 yard line running, then on 2nd and short and 3rd down he resorts to trickery instead of putting the FB in and bashing it up the middle.

notacon
11-29-2015, 05:49 PM

Who cares?

Tyron had the chance to prove himself two games in a row.

He got the ball last week with close to two minutes left with a chance to tie it.

He failed.

This week he gets the ball with three and a half minutes left with the chance to tie it.

He failed once again.

Trying to blame this season on EJ (which many posters have) is as silly as it is stupid.

This WHOLE team is in deep trouble. From the front office that constantly has it's collective head up it's ass.....to a head coach who has brought underachieving while having a big mouth to an art form....to crappy inconsistent QB's...to an anemic running game....to one of the best defenses in the league regressing into a pile of ****...to special teams that are as inconsistent and irrelevant as can be...

We can go on, and on, and on.

The best thing that Pegula can do is blow the team up NOW. Fire the whole front office...hire a real football guy and start from scratch.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2015, 11:43 AM

Except he isn't.

He isn't even a QB. He's a run first, I only have one read who I lock onto while I avoid the middle of the field like the plague RB who can throw the ball a little.

Bring in Terrelle Pryor and the offense wouldn't look any different.

Victor7
11-30-2015, 11:51 AM
lol at Mr. Pink still pimping EJ

But anyway as for the thread's point I would say that Taylor is limited and not the real answer to our long search for a QB.

Sadly as of today he's our best (least bad?) option. We all know what happens when #3 hits the field. We are gonna have to ride it out with him this next 5 games.

As for yesterday he was ok in the 1st half and a cluster **** in the 2nd. Sure the numbers look nice and all but anyone that say the game knows Sammy made it look like that. For the 2nd straight week he was given a shot at late game heroics and he couldn't even reach midfield. He's very limited. One read and then he panics. The middle of the field is unknown to him and his defense reading skills are lacking.

We need to draft someone high and keep TT to be the back up. Manuel needs to be sent to Siberia, maybe further.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Tyrod is both willing and able to hit deep throws. Any QB who will go long and succeeds with some consistency is a dangerous threat and shouldn't be discarded lightly.

But, he absolutely has to develop more from that or our offense will remain too boom/bust to be effective. As I said in the other thread, to my mind he's clearly earned a spot on the roster next year and a shot in TC to win the role. But he needs competition.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2015, 12:16 PM
lol at Mr. Pink still pimping EJ

But anyway as for the thread's point I would say that Taylor is limited and not the real answer to our long search for a QB.

Sadly as of today he's our best (least bad?) option. We all know what happens when #3 hits the field. We are gonna have to ride it out with him this next 5 games.

As for yesterday he was ok in the 1st half and a cluster **** in the 2nd. Sure the numbers look nice and all but anyone that say the game knows Sammy made it look like that. For the 2nd straight week he was given a shot at late game heroics and he couldn't even reach midfield. He's very limited. One read and then he panics. The middle of the field is unknown to him and his defense reading skills are lacking.

We need to draft someone high and keep TT to be the back up. Manuel needs to be sent to Siberia, maybe further.

It has nothing to do with pimping the other guy.

It's simple fact.

Have you ever seen anyone play the QB position who's completely afraid of throwing the ball to the middle of the field besides Tyrod?

Victor7
11-30-2015, 12:21 PM
It has nothing to do with pimping the other guy.

It's simple fact.

Have you ever seen anyone play the QB position who's completely afraid of throwing the ball to the middle of the field besides Tyrod?

Trent comes to mind

I agree with you about throwing over the middle (or not throwing for that matter). I've said so in plenty of threads. I'd still take that over the turnover machine that is EJ. Big deal if EJ does throw there. Odds are he'll throw it completely off target or get picked.