PDA

View Full Version : So...Let's talk about Rex

YardRat
11-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Can anybody come up with any examples...any at all...even just one...on how hiring Rex Ryan improved this team over last season?

Luisito23
11-29-2015, 02:03 PM
So....please talk about something else...please.

SpikedLemonade
He sold 10,000 additional season tickets with his big fat mouth soon after he was hired.

TacklingDummy
It didn't.
Injuries, penalties, poor QB, no pass rush, has killed this team.

streetkings01
11-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Hate to say it but we downgraded from Marrone

Mr. Pink
The hire sold tickets.

That's about it.

kingJofNYC
Fire everyone.

Remember last week when I kept harping about the ****ing depth on D? Where is it? Our DL is hot garbage right now, too many injuries and nothing on the bench. Our LBs? AJ Tarpley....lol, no depth. Time for a house cleaning, sick of watching this ****.

ICRockets
If I'm running this team, I fire Rex Ryan at the end of the season and do everything I can to lure Mark D'Antonio from Michigan State. Then I draft Connor Cook- I move up if I have to- and have him compete with Tyrod in training camp.

streetkings01
11-29-2015, 02:05 PM
It didn't.
Injuries, penalties, poor QB, no pass rush, has killed this team.Poor QB??? The offense did more then enough to win this game.......the defense **** the bed!

TacklingDummy
11-29-2015, 02:05 PM
The hire sold tickets.

That's about it.

Like singing Mario, Dareus, TO, etc...

TacklingDummy
11-29-2015, 02:06 PM
Poor QB??? The offense did more then enough to win this game.......the defense **** the bed!

Let's not bash Tyrod, this game is a perfect example of stats. lying. This thread is about Rex.

cookie G
11-29-2015, 02:08 PM
He called a good game against NE in game 2.

Other than that...

IlluminatusUIUC
11-29-2015, 02:09 PM

Other than that...

What?

Mr. Pink
11-29-2015, 02:10 PM

Other than that...

I think you mean last week.

ICRockets
What?

I think he means 2nd NE game, not Week 2.

Captain gameboy
The team reflects its head coach.
Rex isn't too smart.
He certainly isn't a defensive genius.

The problem is the team is really stupid.
Jerry Hughes is world class stupid.
I'd be pleased if parted ways with Rex at the end, because stupid is really hard to fix.

cookie G
11-29-2015, 02:11 PM
I think you mean last week.

the 2nd NE game.

kingJofNYC
11-29-2015, 02:11 PM
KC had two OL out and we got no pressure at all, half our DL was out of the game anyway, but man, just awful.

Mike
11-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Can anybody come up with any examples...any at all...even just one...on how hiring Rex Ryan improved this team over last season?

Hes making it easier to draft a top QB

IlluminatusUIUC
11-29-2015, 02:15 PM
I think he means 2nd NE game, not Week 2.

That makes some sense.

WRT Ryan, as I said when we hired him. Rex has only been an elite D coach when he had a Hall of Fame talent in the secondary to cover for his wild playcalling. You can get away with running your linebackers all over the place and out of position when you have a Revis or Reed picking up the scraps behind them. But as good as Darby and Gilmore have played, they aren't nearly to that level. Under Schwartz, we dropped a ton of guys, which gave our players some freedom to jump underneath routes and get turnovers. With rex, they are out on islands so they have to stay deep, so unless the pass rush gets there, the defense looks really, really bad.

The fact that his team plays like a pack of undisciplined idiots only turns the refs against us more, compounding the problem.

notacon
11-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Rex has ruined a great defense. Rex's lack of discipline has us losing almost 1000 yards because of penalties....equal to one third of our offense. Rex has ruined our special teams who suck in their irrelevance. Rex has wasted the talent if Sammy Watkins (the first half of today's game withstanding). Rex has turned underachieving while having a big ****ing mouth to an art form.

Rex has ensured we miss the playoffs for the 16th year with no prospects of ever being competitive.

The least he could do is **** up things correctly, and lose enough games that we can draft a real franchise QB.

Pegula should have taken my advice last year and fired the whole front office and hired a real football guy to be GM and build the team from scratch. Now all we have is a mumble jumbo of ****....a big stinking pile of ****!!!

MillsapsBillsFan
11-29-2015, 02:22 PM
Rex needs to be fired. Now. We don't need the rest of the season to see that its not going to work out. Why waste another 2 years of crappy coaching when we have a roster built to win.

Any coach that can take a top 5 D, add a better player to it and make it average doesn't deserve to ever coach in this league again

Novacane
11-29-2015, 02:22 PM
We are stuck with him one more season at the very least. Talk about depressing.

Captain gameboy
11-29-2015, 02:26 PM
When a color commentator says "That's just bad coaching," in the fraternity of coaches and media of the NFL world, you pretty much have an idea of how good your guy is.

paladin warrior
11-29-2015, 02:27 PM
How about let's talk about Doug Whaley

justasportsfan
11-29-2015, 02:30 PM
Let's not bash Tyrod, this game is a perfect example of stats. lying. This thread is about Rex.
Stats lie just like it lied about EJs last game

Mace
11-29-2015, 02:37 PM

Better press conference entertainment.

If you mean on the field though, I got nada.

Novacane
11-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Can we get Rex to jump out of a plane again but not give him a parachute this time?

Historian
11-29-2015, 03:49 PM
He got the national media talking about Buffalo again.

SpikedLemonade
11-29-2015, 03:53 PM
He got the national media talking about Buffalo again.

The truth is that many from the Buffalo area are just happy for Buffalo to be relevant again.

Mace
11-29-2015, 03:56 PM
The truth is that many from the Buffalo area are just happy for Buffalo to be relevant again.

Odd thing is I thought we became pretty relevant again with a Schwartz defense climbing all over QB's without blitzing.

Typ0
11-29-2015, 04:00 PM

Buffalo is not relevant. People are so deprived any sniff of relevance gets them excited. Sad. Rex is not a good coach.

Cleve
11-29-2015, 04:00 PM
I thought of him as a foot-fondling ass-clown when he was coach of the Jets. I thought his hiring was a dumb mistake. The team, particularly the defense, took a step back from where Marrone had built them.

But the Bills ALWAYS stick with their mistakes, whether players or management, for at least 3 years. Dunno if it's cheapness, stubbornness, or a combination thereof, but it seems to be the established pattern. So I predict we'll see him on the sidelines at least 2 more years. I wished it were otherwise.

Typ0
11-29-2015, 04:02 PM
Pegula needs to suck it up and take a huge step away from Ralph Wilson with swiftness and immediacy. Have to respect his effort to make the transition to this point. Time to make it permanent.

SpikedLemonade
11-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Odd thing is I thought we became pretty relevant again with a Schwartz defense climbing all over QB's without blitzing.

We were, but promoting Schwartz to the HC would not have sold an additional 10,000 season tickets like hiring Rex did.

Mace
11-29-2015, 04:21 PM
We were, but promoting Schwartz to the HC would not have sold an additional 10,000 season tickets like hiring Rex did.

Winning would have took care of that with Schwartz (under contract) and an offensive guy to do the remodeling on the weak side of the ball. Kind of funny we remodeled the weakness adequately and mucked up the strength. Figure the available Roman as OC, Schwartz as DC, and an actually proficient manager head guy as HC.

Mace
11-29-2015, 08:50 PM
He's an idiot. It didn't really add anything to the team but I thought I'd mention it, because atm I'm thinking he's an idiot and it talks about Rex Ryan.

BertSquirtgum
11-29-2015, 09:02 PM
How about let's talk about Doug Whaley

Why? He put this talented roster together and Rex took a big **** on it.

Turf
11-29-2015, 10:23 PM
Rex and his coaching staff are stupid when it comes to game management. Might as well have a camel on the sidelines, including Roman, the 2nd dumbest one.

Cleve
11-30-2015, 05:29 AM
Pegula needs to suck it up and take a huge step away from Ralph Wilson with swiftness and immediacy.

Unfortunately I doubt we'll see that because as with the Sabres, Pegula has left too much of the senior management, and culture, intact at One Bills Drive. The same senior management and culture that has set records for missing the playoffs in the era of salary parity.

BOBM253
11-30-2015, 09:09 AM
Head coaching is a hard job. It's really hard when you're stupid.

justasportsfan
11-30-2015, 09:11 AM

We're no. 1 in penalties. The best in the league!

sahlensguy
11-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Rex is a loser of a coach whose big mouth made him a rich man. I don't think I've had less respect for a Bills coach, and that's saying something.

Patti120
11-30-2015, 07:17 PM
This may have been mentioned before but don't we basically have the same d that pettine had here?

mdcas22
11-30-2015, 08:17 PM
I'm wondering now if Brandon didn't have a big influence in the hire of Rex. Look at ticket sales. Brandons smart when it comes to fooling people. gonna have to give Rex another year oe at least start next year before letting Roman taking over.

Cleve
11-30-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm wondering now if Brandon didn't have a big influence in the hire of Rex. Look at ticket sales. Brandons smart when it comes to fooling people. gonna have to give Rex another year oe at least start next year before letting Roman taking over.

It would not surprise me if Brandon had quite a bit of input in the old foot-fondler's hire. The guy's fingerprints are all over the Bills failures of the last 7 or 8 years, and yet he is held as blameless as a newborn babe ("but he's just a marketer").

Pegula made a big mistake retaining Darcy Regier. He made another similar mistake by retaining Russ Brandon.

sahlensguy
12-01-2015, 03:18 AM
This may have been mentioned before but don't we basically have the same d that pettine had here?

Wannsdedt.

BOBM253
12-01-2015, 06:57 AM

Sorry, I don't like roman as head coach or OC. His game plans suck. Who else would ignore Watkins for entire halves of football. I think he's using Hackett's playbook. God, him and Ryan are terrible coaches.

X-Era
12-01-2015, 08:48 AM
No... Well maybe... His higher pedigree may have pushed the org to spend more and get better talent than they would have with a no-namer.

The best outcome was that his pedigree and experience in the post season would lead the team to be a consistent, high producing squad that believes they are a playoff team and that shows it each and every week.

Instead we got the Rex Ryan teams that have no discipline, a poor scheme, and an inability to fix it.

The best outcome (since Rex is here to stay) is to **** can Dennis Thurman and get a guy that can utilize the pass rushers we have and probably to can Roman as well and get a guy who will actually utilize our stud WR and TE.

I'm floored at how mismatched our schemes are for our roster and how undisciplined we play. This years results are probably 85% on the coaches.

swiper
12-01-2015, 11:20 AM
I told you from day 1. The issue with Rex Ryan is that he is Buddy Ryan's son. You fools wanted him. Now sleep in the bed you've made.

He was a bumbling fool as the Jets coach. Even when Sanchez was winning him games.

sahlensguy
12-01-2015, 11:42 AM
I told you from day 1. The issue with Rex Ryan is that he is Buddy Ryan's son. You fools wanted him. Now sleep in the bed you've made.

He was a bumbling fool as the Jets coach. Even when Sanchez was winning him games.

http://funnyand.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/I-told-you-so.jpg