X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Hogan "catch"

I was watching this at a bar with no sound, so I'm a bit in the dark here. He caught the ball and took four full steps, right? How was that ruled incomplete?
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Hogan "catch"

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
    I was watching this at a bar with no sound, so I'm a bit in the dark here. He caught the ball and took four full steps, right? How was that ruled incomplete?
    I think the ref thought he saw the ball come out of Hogan's hands after he hit the ground.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

NFL refs blow. A HC worth a damn would of challenged.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

Rex blew it!!

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          NFL refs blow. A HC worth a damn would of challenged.
          A HC shouldn't have to fix mistakes made by game officials. Nobody knows what a catch is anymore so the refs call whatever they damn well please and hope a replay/challenge will fix their mistakes. What's horrible to me is when games have a guy like Mike Carey watching the game from home/the both that can see the replay and spot that the officials made a mistake but nothing in the game can be done to fix the wrong if a team elects not to challenge the call. I think it's only a matter of time where the NFL will have to add an off the field official as if calls keep getting blown it is only going to make the league look bad which is the last thing the NFL wants to do.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

****ing A. The REF blew the call not Rex. Rex blew the challange. once agian the bills get ****ed by the refs
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Rex just said in his PC he thought it was too "close" and if he challenged the Hogan non catch it wouldn't have been overturned... I don't think needed more validation Rex is clueless but this is the icing on the cake..

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                Rex just said in his PC he thought it was too "close" and if he challenged the Hogan non catch it wouldn't have been overturned... I don't think needed more validation Rex is clueless but this is the icing on the cake..
                he is so full of ****. They didn't know what was going on.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

OK maybe it isn't entirely Rex fault but whoever is watching the plays and advising Rex on whether to challenge calls or not is doing a piss poor job

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Basically it's Ryan's call so if they don't show it on the opposing teams jumbotron he doesn't get to see it and there is no challenge. That is what Rex Ryan said at his presser. That is the system Rex Ryan has in place to get this critical element of the game correct. Incompetence.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                      he is so full of ****. They didn't know what was going on.
                      Yep that is the impression I got from listening to him... He is out to lunch..confused.. and flummoxed

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

It's Rexs job to make sure that people around him are doing their job. When everyone is doing their job, we win. When you don't hold anyone accountable for NOT doing their jobs, you lose.

I think it is more important for Rex to be liked by his people than for him to win games.

Whoever is in charge of the bills reviews and advising Tex is most likely to get a hug from Rex.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                          I think the ref thought he saw the ball come out of Hogan's hands after he hit the ground.
                          So, wouldn't that have been, at worst, a fumble Hogan recovered?
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Here's the thing with Hogan...yes I think it was likely a catch before I say this...

Most guys who are involved in that circumstance start jumping up and down and heavily saying they caught the ball either through what they say or by hand motions. Hogan made no representation when he got up that he caught that ball.

Based on Hogan's reaction to the incomplete call, maybe he knew he didn't actually control it.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              Here's the thing with Hogan...yes I think it was likely a catch before I say this...

Most guys who are involved in that circumstance start jumping up and down and heavily saying they caught the ball either through what they say or by hand motions. Hogan made no representation when he got up that he caught that ball.

Based on Hogan's reaction to the incomplete call, maybe he knew he didn't actually control it.
                              i was thinking the exact same thing. if a player truly believes it's the wrong call, they are usually freaking out and chirping in the coaches ear to challenge
                              I came.
                              I saw.
                              I conquered.

Comment

Working...
                              X