PDA

View Full Version : Is this the most unlikable Bills team ever?

Novacane
11-29-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm used to losing but I don't remember disliking the team like this before. Most of it's the head coach and his all talk no results. It's more than that though. There are a lot of dumb players on this team. Jerry Hughes and his weekly 15 yard penalty. A kicker you can't trust to make an extra point.

TacklingDummy
11-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Yes, I've never hated a Bills team before. This team I can't stand.

The Natrix
11-29-2015, 03:23 PM
It definitely is for me.

GvilleBills
11-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Sad, but true

Mr. Pink
11-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Nope.

Next year will be that distinction...until 2017 replaces it that is.

We're all stuck with the Rex three ring circus through 2017 most likely.

YardRat
11-29-2015, 03:33 PM
They do make it very difficult to root for them at times. I don't know about unlikeable, but ever since Rex was hired this is the most disappointed and frustrated I can remember being in a long, long time.

Mace
11-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I can relate.

Historian
11-29-2015, 03:36 PM
You kids have a lot to learn.

1971, 1976, 1984 and 1985 were way worse, and way more despised.

That, and every grEGG wILLiams coached team.

justasportsfan
11-29-2015, 03:36 PM
The fans keep hoping to win and the players ruin that hope with dumb penalties. The stupidity surpasses a very talented ream.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2015, 03:37 PM

Come on, no one could possibly have hated on the Bruce Mathison/Vince Ferragamo circus! :rofl:

The Natrix
11-29-2015, 03:39 PM
We're all stuck with the Rex three ring circus through 2017 most likely.

Stop it. You're going to give me nightmares.

Someone order the fire rex ryan billboard. I'll throw in $15.

SaviorEdwards
11-29-2015, 03:40 PM
So negative...this team is only 2 years away from being 2 years away.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2015, 03:41 PM
So negative...this team is only 2 years away from being 2 years away.

Nah they're 2 years away from blowing this all up and trying again...

The Buffalo Bills in a perpetual rebuild since 2000.

Novacane
11-29-2015, 03:42 PM

I was around for 84 and 85. Those teams were just no talent bad teams There's talent on this team and its just being squandered. Dumb players. Dumb HC.

Novacane
11-29-2015, 03:45 PM
I forgot about the 2 minute drill. They lollygag around like they have all day. Done it all year and did it again at the end of the game today. If I had any hair I'd be pulling it out!

Captain gameboy

Well I'm no kid here. Been watching them since 1963, and I was thinking the exact same thing.

I think Rex in intolerable in press conferences, classless, worth about -7 points/game, idiotic with his stupid profanity and uselessness on the sideline, and I literally wait for nonsense penalties for no apparent reason other than gross lack of discipline.
This team has multiple times better personnel that many of the past, but they are incredibly stupid and tough to like.

YardRat

Yeah, I'm with 'Cane on this one. I was around for all of those, and it wasn't that they were unlikable, they just had no talent.

Historian
11-29-2015, 03:47 PM
I liked the '87 strike team better than this one, lol!

WagonCircler
11-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Rex is a known commodity. He's the same guy he was with the Jets. A good coordinator who, like his old man, is colorful and loved by the media for providing good copy.

But the team itself is a group of athletic idiots who are outsmarted, out-hearted and out-disciplined week in and week out.

This is a blueprint for how not to build a winning NFL team.

Thankfully, the other team owned by Pegula actually has a plan and is executing it. They're fun to watch, very likable and they have a bright future.

The Bills are the opposite. There's nothing fun or smart about them. The Sabres hoarded draft choices, then used them wisely. The Bills spent first rounders like a drunken sailor. And they make it a point to draft football factory imbeciles with great measurables.

Famous Amos
11-29-2015, 05:24 PM
No worse than some of the 2000 teams. They are entertaining to a degree but also frustrating.

mdcas22
11-29-2015, 05:57 PM
68 bills were pretty bad

Ginger Vitis
11-29-2015, 05:57 PM
The 2005 team was unlikable.. The vets somewhat quit before season started when management got rid of Bledsoe and went with Losman.. Defense **** talked about how great they were and didn't back it up... Had a 10 point lead on the Pats in Foxboro on a Sunday night in the 4tt quarter with 10 minutes left in the game and blew it... Had a 20 point lead on the dolphins in Miami and ended up losing.. Didn't bother to show up or quit in games in the 2nd half of the season.. Donahoe was having security remove signs fans brought into the stadium that criticized Donahoe and was being a ass

kingJofNYC
11-29-2015, 05:59 PM
It's pretty much the same team from last year, its the execution that's a million times worse.

Mace
11-29-2015, 06:02 PM

Nah. I liked those teams, just didn't think they were any good. I had my moments of not liking the 90's teams, but not with any heart, and they were good. Yeah, I "liked" bad teams and good ones made me cranky.

I have come to like Incognito who I despised, Taylor who I don't really think is any good, McCoy who I think was a stupid acquisition but is pretty good, but I don't really like the team. I'm a fan and all, but I find myself thinking the jerks got what they had coming. I hated Jauron but liked the team. I don't really understand why I don't like them except they aren't likeable. I liked the crap teams that jumped into the home stands, I liked the obviously incapable teams that tried. For some reason this one just seems to antagonize me, like I'm watching some not Buffalo team in Bills uniforms.

In fact, it's like I'm watching some lippy big market full-of-themselves team underachieve instead of watching a composed undermanned small market team unable to achieve.

I like some of the players, a lot of the players, but just don't like this team much, and in my meh, 45 years of paying attention to them, it just never happened before in my experience. I even "liked" them last year if I didn't think they were good enough.

Maybe it's the penalties and the lip. Like get somewhere or get nowhere, but don't be snarky and full of yourself in losing like next week oh you'll show everyone, or maybe the week after if they beat you up again because you're still "all that" just unfortunate and poorly judged.

whkfc
11-29-2015, 06:43 PM
At least I dont have to watch the Bills in December I can focus on having nice holidays with my family. I was emotionless today. I went in knowing they were goimg to lose and I got exactly what i had expected. Im getting over the addiction to what is my drug of choice The Buffalo Bills.

coastal
11-29-2015, 07:58 PM
I don't watch them anymore.

EDS
11-30-2015, 07:53 AM
Rex's antics, the penalties and other bone-headed plays along with the truly infantile comments made by a number of the players off the field have definitely make this team hard to cheer for.

Victor7
11-30-2015, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't say unlikable. I would say frustrating

For the most part of the suck fest that has been the past 15 years we've just been untalented and coached by easy and cheap options. Sure they frustrated me at times but if you look back on it think of the serious handicaps we had thanks to Ralph's cheapness.

But this team has an elite pool of players on defense and some on offense. If the offense struggles I can somewhat excuse it because at the end of the day our QB is not very good.

But the Defense ???????

These guys were elite and league leading for the past 2 years. And now basically the same roster + the possible rookie of the year is under performing week after week. This is what frustrates me. Knowing the talent is there to be dominant and having to watch mediocre bums like Maclin and a future burger flipper 3rd string running back gash us with a patch work OL missing 2 starters. Its inexcusable.