• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

last time you really billieved??

When is the last time a bills team has been down one second with 3 minutes to go with the ball and you thought, "we are going to win this?"
  • whkfc
    Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC
    • May 2003

Re: last time you really billieved??

I Billeve that if the game is a big game and it truly matters or is a national game the Bills will choke and lose. It used to be in amazing heartbreaking fashion. Now honestly I dont even feel it anymore. It used to crush me. Now I can watch it usually pinpoint the exact moment its lost and sometimes that's even with the lead. I can turn it off and spend the rest of the day with my family. Its funny ive never ever later found out ive missed a comeback or them holding on to win. I jusr know its almost like the freaking WWE.

I think its justbthe loser mentality of the organization from Brandon down. If the tickets are sold they dont care if they win or lose.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

The early 90's.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

A couple of decades.

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

1960. I was 15 and didn't know any better.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

When Kelly was QB I always had hope.

Comment

• Thurmal
                • Oct 2005

As soon as Ryan neglected to challenge that Maclin catch and the Chiefs cut it to 10-7, I knew we would lose. That was during the second quarter when the Bills were actually leading, so you can see where my confidence level is.
                "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Victor7
                  • Jul 2013

In the 90's. Sort of had it early on during Bledsoe's tenure. But it quickly faded.

Now the only confidence I have is that they will find a way to lose. There has never been a more creative team at losing games.

This franchise is cursed beyond repair. I'm soooo tired

- - - Updated - - -

In the 90's. Sort of had it early on during Bledsoe's tenure. But it quickly faded.

Now the only confidence I have is that they will find a way to lose. There has never been a more creative team at losing games.

This franchise is cursed beyond repair. I'm soooo tired

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I can't remember the last time I thought the Bills could actually get a last minute score. Maybe early in the Bledose years? I literally have zero confidence that we can even get 3 if that's what's needed to win/tie.

When we have to protect the lead it spends on the situation. If it's against Brady or a nationally televised game or a game with playoff implications for us, I have zero confidence when we can stop them. When it's an out of conf game in Dec against another non-playoff team, then I'm confident that we can pull it off.
                    Last edited by OpIv37; 11-30-2015, 08:27 AM.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Right before every game Under Rexy, it has become so that I believe the team will find a way to screw this lead up.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        Right before every game Under Rexy, it has become so that I believe the team will find a way to screw this lead up.
                        It really is back to the point where it feels like no lead is safe. When it was 17-7 I thought "if we can hold them off and score again and go into the half 24-7, it should be enough."

It was over after the fumble early in the 3rd. This team does not respond well to the slightest adversity.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SaviorEdwards
                          • Feb 2010

hmmmm, maybe the Flutie era now I just expect the Bills to lose. Even if we're up big I don't have faith they can finish a game out.
                          "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

Comment

• Cleve
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by SaviorEdwards View Post
                            hmmmm, maybe the Flutie era now I just expect the Bills to lose. Even if we're up big I don't have faith they can finish a game out.
                            I was thinking the Flutie Era too. Our lack of confidence is ENTIRELY justified by the Bills' lack of success in the past 15 years. The Bills have yet to even appear in a wild card game since before Y2K..... think of that!

See the above list - we have a LONG ways to go until the playoff drought is unprecedented - we're 9th all time, however, the 8 teams ahead of us are well before the era of salary caps and salary parity. We've got a 3 season lead in the Active Drought category though - we've exceeded some truly squalid teams in that regard- Raiders, Browns, Rams, Jaguars.

Wilson, Brandon, and now Pegula share responsibility for this disgraceful situation.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

The Carolina game when EJ hit Stevie, to be honest. Those moments have been very few, and very far between since the Kelly years though.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X