PDA

View Full Version : If I gave you a reset button to fix Bills history, when would you press it and why.

blackonyx89
11-30-2015, 09:22 AM
1. I have to say back in the 70s-80s when Ralph wasn't aggressive enough cranked out bad teams and didn't want to win and make them winners back then.

2. Any of the 4 Super Bowls and press it to win at least one of them.

3. When Terry and Kim hired Rex and fired any one associated with Ralph Wilson.

I'd like to hear what what you'd do!

Victor7
11-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Super Bowl XXV

I honestly think that a win there would've changed history for good.

Can't comment on anything before that since I was too young but there's gotta be some moment where getting rid of Ralph was an option.

Not hiring Rex is also a very tempting moment.

EDS
11-30-2015, 09:33 AM
Wide right.

Joe Fo Sho
11-30-2015, 09:43 AM
- Draft Favre
- When Jimbo retires start Favre
- Draft Brady in the 5th round
- Make Brady sit behind Favre
- Brady never plays because Favre is never hurt
- Damage Brady mentally like we do with all of our QBs
- Brady quits football to sell shoes
- Draft Rodgers just like the Packers did
- $$$

Mr. Cynical
11-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Outside of the obvious "win on of the 4 SBs", not fire Polian.

- - - Updated - - -

Outside of the obvious "win one of the 4 SBs", not fire Polian.

ICRockets
11-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Russell Wilson over TJ Graham.

EDIT: Actually, earlier than that...I'd clue the Bills in on what the Titans had drawn up on the kickoff.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2015, 11:24 AM
2006 NFL Draft 1st Round of Cutler and Mangold instead of Whitner and McCargo.

The past decade would have been A LOT different.

Homegrown
11-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Reset the mascot ... no Billy Buffalo.

He 1st appeared in the 2000 season ... Bills haven't been to the playoffs since his creation.

YardRat
11-30-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm at the point where I'd go all the way back to 1959 and the Orange Bowl would actually sign the lease with Wilson.

chernobylwraiths
11-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Can the rest button fix knees? Start with Simpson and add Shane Nelson and Jeff Nixon.

Have Bill Simpson intercept that pass to Smith and beat the Chargers in '80

Keep Smerlas on the team somehow for the early 90s superbowl teams. I think he helps solidify that middle and the Giants don't run so easily on us.

Trade for a kicker after the 89 season.

Never trade for Rob Johnson.

Kickoff deep.

gebobs
11-30-2015, 01:50 PM
My reset button would have been broken by 1968.

TacklingDummy
11-30-2015, 01:59 PM
2000 draft 7th round...instead of 194 Buffalo Bills Leif Olve Dolonen Larsen DE Texas-El Paso, I'd have picked 199 New England Patriots Tom Brady † QB Michigan

chernobylwraiths
11-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Maybe this reset button could fix Ferguson's ankle for that Chargers game too.

Cleve
11-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Outside of the obvious "win on of the 4 SBs", not fire Polian.

- - - Updated - - -

The Polian fire was the most obvious mistake; and of course when Ralph decided that John Butler wasn't worth a salary commensurate with his position and fired him, and then took over the position himself. It's been all downhill ever since.

Forward_Lateral
11-30-2015, 02:29 PM
I would go back in time and warn my adolescent self not to become a fan of this team.

DraftBoy
11-30-2015, 02:33 PM
When was the team established?

gebobs
11-30-2015, 03:01 PM
2000 draft 7th round...instead of 194 Buffalo Bills Leif Olve Dolonen Larsen DE Texas-El Paso, I'd have picked 199 New England Patriots Tom Brady † QB Michigan

Or Flowers in the 1st, Tillman in the 2nd, Moore in the 3rd, Black in the 4th.

Mace
11-30-2015, 05:31 PM
First time I remember was when they let Chuck Knox leave after the wreckage of the 1982 strike season. I liked the Knox teams and thought we were steadily going somewhere.

Second time I honestly would have panicked when they hired Levy. He was lost, horrible and Wing-T at KC, too cerebrally full of himself in the booth, and I nearly self combusted when they inexplicably hired him (imho).

Third time would have been when Butler left in 2000. I don't think he wanted to be here anymore.

Fourth time hiring make pretend GM Levy who BrandonOverdorf hires a Jauron.

Fifth time when they hired a Rex, oh no, don't do it.....

Topas
12-01-2015, 03:22 PM
#1: I hire Marty when he volunteered to coach this sorry team.
Then I sit back and enjoy the playoffs...

That still hurts me more than anything. For each mistake in drafting you can always argue that it might have not worked for us. Had we drafted Rodgers maybe he never developed in the QB he is now. Probably that is more likely than not. Same for all other drafting mistakes.
But that is not true for Marty. We would have been in the playoffs with him. That is a sure thing.
And don't give me the bull**** about his playoff record. Not his fault byner fumbled and the idiot CB did not kneel down.

Victor7
12-01-2015, 03:53 PM
#1: I hire Marty when he volunteered to coach this sorry team.
Then I sit back and enjoy the playoffs...

That still hurts me more than anything. For each mistake in drafting you can always argue that it might have not worked for us. Had we drafted Rodgers maybe he never developed in the QB he is now. Probably that is more likely than not. Same for all other drafting mistakes.
But that is not true for Marty. We would have been in the playoffs with him. That is a sure thing.
And don't give me the bull**** about his playoff record. Not his fault byner fumbled and the idiot CB did not kneel down.

This +10000000000000

Marty has been to the playoffs in like all but 3 seasons through his career. That was one of Ralph C Wilson's last **** yous to this team.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
12-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Super Bowl I. Weren't Cookie and Saban freshly ditched and the bills lost what was the AFL title game to KC?

Historian
12-02-2015, 04:53 AM
1. Never trade Lamonica away. He starts until Fergy is ready.

2. Sign Ahmad Rashad and protect him from expansion.

3. Hire Walsh as opposed to Knox.

4. Hire Vermeil as opposed to Levy.

5. Never fire Polian.

6. Have Christie squib kick in Tennessee.

7. Hire Ron Wolf instead of Donahoe.

gebobs
12-02-2015, 08:16 AM
1. Never trade Lamonica away.
One of the worst trades ever. Frickin' Davis does Wilson like that after all RW did for him. :-) Wilson had a boner for Kemp who, at the point of the trade, was one leg on the train to retirement.

Or out of bounds for that matter.

gebobs
12-02-2015, 08:32 AM
Super Bowl I. Weren't Cookie and Saban freshly ditched and the bills lost what was the AFL title game to KC?

Saban resigned to go to Maryland after winning the championship against SD the previous season. That was Saban's era and those Bills were his team. But he was a dinosaur by the time Wilson finally brought him back. Gilchrist was traded to Denver just before Saban resigned. Maybe that had something to do with the somewhat mysterious departure.

Against KC, poor Joe Collier was simply overmatched by the great Hank Stram and Kemp was no match for Len Dawson. Two picks by KC returned for big yardage, one at the goal line returned 72 yards, were killers. Two fumbles lost, including one on the opening kickoff, and the quick slide into professional football irrelevancy began in earnest.

It was a game that Bills fans today would find all too familiar.

Victor7
12-02-2015, 09:33 AM
1. Never trade Lamonica away. He starts until Fergy is ready.

2. Sign Ahmad Rashad and protect him from expansion.

3. Hire Walsh as opposed to Knox.

4. Hire Vermeil as opposed to Levy.

5. Never fire Polian.

7. Hire Ron Wolf instead of Donahoe.

???

He did squib kick.

We should've kicked long.

gebobs
12-02-2015, 09:38 AM
???

He did squib kick.

We should've kicked long.

It was short but not really a squib. It was high and fielded cleanly. I think what Historian means is it should have been more of a bouncy squib that the Bills could have covered easily.

Bill Cody
12-02-2015, 01:46 PM
There's obviously no limit to the possible reset opportunities so I'm not going to go back decades. I'd just like a mulligan on Rex.

WagonCircler
12-02-2015, 03:22 PM
The Polian firing. Nothing else is even close.

coastal
12-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Polian would have ****ed Linda Bogdon up the ass right there in front of Ralph and Ralph would have done nothing.