PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Spikes?

Mahdi
11-30-2015, 03:15 PM
He was suspended for first 4 games but he should be available now and without KW and Bradham I think we need a good run stuffing LB.

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2015, 03:25 PM
I beleive that to serve the suspension he has to actually be on a roster. So if they sign him, he still has to serve 4 games.

Regardless, the fact that he is sitting out there is telling. He's done.

OpIv37
11-30-2015, 03:42 PM
I beleive that to serve the suspension he has to actually be on a roster. So if they sign him, he still has to serve 4 games.

Regardless, the fact that he is sitting out there is telling. He's done.

Agreed. He really overplayed his hand then ****ed himself with the suspension.

Too bad, though. I liked him as a run stuffer and hoped we could bring him back, but I don't think we are any worse off for not having him. The D'd problem is injuries and the pass rush.

DynaPaul
11-30-2015, 03:46 PM
I saw him on the plantation a few weeks ago.

YardRat
11-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Spikes would have been a good re-signing, if Schwartz were retained first. Hiring Ryan was pushing a snowball over the edge, and the cluster**** that has followed has just gotten bigger and gone downhill faster and faster.

Mace
11-30-2015, 05:13 PM
Spikes just isn't a Rex Ryan defense type of linebacker.

Turf
11-30-2015, 05:14 PM
Spikes seemed to have that Gangsta mentality and he pretty much proved that. I vote him to be the next Hernandez.

justasportsfan
11-30-2015, 08:16 PM
He can't cover. Underthis scheme you have to drop back and cover. If Dareus is made to do so, everyone else has to

stuckincincy
11-30-2015, 08:55 PM
Last I heard of him, he was wandering around a field after the hit-and-run...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000499694/article/brandon-spikes-pleads-guilty-in-hitandrun-gets-probation

fasteddie
12-01-2015, 04:45 AM
Like AJ Tarpley was Rex's type of player. Wait a minute...leave holes in the defense as wide as the Grand Canyon. He'd fit right in.

Mahdi
12-01-2015, 06:46 AM
Other options I wouldn't mind seeing brought in...

Lance Briggs - tough, smart, leadership, 34 years

Geno Hayes -- good against pass - 28 yo

Philip Wheeler - had some real good years - can run real well - 30 yo

X-Era
12-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Other options I wouldn't mind seeing brought in...

Lance Briggs - tough, smart, leadership, 34 years

Geno Hayes -- good against pass - 28 yo

Philip Wheeler - had some real good years - can run real well - 30 yo

Jameel McClain
Phil Taylor
Kiwi
Jason Babin

I like Reddick personally and wouldn't mind seeing what he can do

TJ Barnes
Brad Jones

Mahdi
12-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Jameel McClain
Phil Taylor
Kiwi
Jason Babin

I like Reddick personally and wouldn't mind seeing what he can do

TJ Barnes
Kendrick Ellis

I like the idea of bringing in Phil Taylor. This defense is in need of a big run stuffer in the middle. Rex always had a player like that on all his defenses and I was surprised when he didn't address it when he took the team.

X-Era
12-01-2015, 08:30 AM
I like the idea of bringing in Phil Taylor. This defense is in need of a big run stuffer in the middle. Rex always had a player like that on all his defenses and I was surprised when he didn't address it when he took the team.
I edited the list because Ellis is with Minn