PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at right tackle

swiper
12-03-2015, 11:25 AM
JJ Watt must be licking his lips.

Sal Capaccio (https://twitter.com/SalSports)

@SalSports (https://twitter.com/SalSports)

Jordan Mills working at RT with starting offense (no Henderson). Offense also took a snap with no RT in early warmup, jog-through.

When did Cyrus Kuoandijo fall behind Jordan Mills on the depth chart?

jamze132
12-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Even with Henderson in there, our offense was doomed against JJ. He's going to have TT scrambling all game and don't expect TT to finish the game in one piece.

Bill Cody
12-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Kujo = Bust

SpikedLemonade
12-03-2015, 12:20 PM
It is not just Watt but also Clowney who is coming on recently.

I suspect our OL will not have a chance on Sunday.

stuckincincy
12-03-2015, 01:34 PM
They should have grabbed cut CIN OL PS OT Dan France if they could have beat out CLE for him.

http://bengals.blog.daytondailynews.com/2015/12/02/browns-sign-two-former-bengals/

Topas
12-03-2015, 01:41 PM
I think not fielding a RT makes sense. It will not make a big difference anyway :D

Buffalogic
12-03-2015, 01:45 PM
OL did really well vs Hali and Houston before he was hurt. One play got away from them in the sack/fumble (Tyrod's fault) but for the most part they were great.

justasportsfan
12-03-2015, 02:38 PM
I think not fielding a RT makes sense. It will not make a big difference anyway :D

It could make the world of difference when JJ Watt's ego will be crushed due to lack of respect by bills by not blocking him at all. This will certainly throw him off his game.

- - - Updated - - -

or... I have a feeling that since Rex thinks Dareus would make a great cb , maybe he'll have Robey block Watt.

Bill Cody
12-03-2015, 03:02 PM

I think they flag you if you play with 10. But maybe we could draw a face on a traffic cone and that would work.:scratch:

mairofpominville
12-03-2015, 04:24 PM
I'll expect Houston to line up Clowney and Watt on our right side to force Tyrod to go to his left.

YardRat
12-03-2015, 04:33 PM
It could make the world of difference when JJ Watt's ego will be crushed due to lack of respect by bills by not blocking him at all. This will certainly throw him off his game.

They tried that last year with Wood and Pears...didn't work so well.

ICRockets
12-03-2015, 04:55 PM
The trouble at RT goes well beyond this game. That's a position we need to address in the first 3 rounds in April.

k-oneputt
12-03-2015, 05:01 PM
We will need a big game out of McCoy to win this game.
A repeat of that Jets game type of performance.

EDS
12-03-2015, 05:03 PM
The trouble at RT goes well beyond this game. That's a position we need to address in the first 3 rounds in April.

Will be curious if they break the bank to retain Glenn or force themselves to fix LT via another means. They will likely need to do something at left guard as well.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Will be curious if they break the bank to retain Glenn or force themselves to fix LT via another means. They will likely need to do something at left guard as well.

If Incognito stays then LG is in decent shape at least for another year or so. He's been better then I expected, for sure.

Turf
12-03-2015, 08:21 PM
I'll expect Houston to line up Clowney and Watt on our right side to force Tyrod to go to his left.

Watts might actually trip on the traffic cone and the cone can't be called for leg whip or holding. Not a bad idea. Wow, this is going to be a brutal loss Sunday. Whaley will get the brunt of the blame and fired at season end.

Victor7
12-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Cyrus Koundjio = FAIL

Already 3rd on the depth chart behind a guy we picked off the street about a month ago in Jordan Mills

Another Doug Whaley gem. Way to go Douglas !!

Mace
12-04-2015, 05:27 PM
I was loud about being big on the talent and potential of our young offensive linemen in a run oriented offense.

Haha. I was just goofing on everyone. Or I was lying on purpose, nyah. But I didn't really mean it. So there.

Saratoga Slim
12-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Cyrus Koundjio = FAIL

Already 3rd on the depth chart behind a guy we picked off the street about a month ago in Jordan Mills

Yeah....all in all I think Whaley's assembled a pretty solid roster. Every GM misses on some picks, and every roster has some holes. I think you need to judge him on overall level of talent. Overall, we're top third of NFL, talent-wise, so I don't fault his general body of work. That said, he's going to be judged on his coaching and QB decisions. In that arena, he's got some questions to answer.

Mace
12-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Yeah....all in all I think Whaley's assembled a pretty solid roster. Every GM misses on some picks, and every roster has some holes. I think you need to judge him on overall level of talent. Overall, we're top third of NFL, talent-wise, so I don't fault his general body of work. That said, he's going to be judged on his coaching and QB decisions. In that arena, he's got some questions to answer.

Yeah, I don't know. I'd give Ryan more credit for Incognito, Darby, and the dubious Taylor, Whaley credit for overpaying for Watkins, Clay & McCoy because there's something wrong with our scouting dept.

Richardson, Henderson, Manuel, Kouandjio a bunch of hurt guys, Duke Williams and Preston Brown aren't really too dazzling to me.

ICRockets
12-04-2015, 08:38 PM
Cyrus Koundjio = FAIL

Preston Brown, Robert Woods, John Miller, Karlos Williams, Ronald Darby, Richie Incognito, Kiko Alonso traded for LeSean McCoy, extending Marcell Dareus and Stephon Gilmore....

Mr. Cynical
12-05-2015, 02:10 AM

- - - Updated - - -

or... I have a feeling that since Rex thinks Dareus would make a great cb , maybe he'll have Robey block Watt.

Actually....I know this sounds bonkers....but would Dareus be able to play RT? Guy is pretty quick and is a beast.... would be fun to watch him try anyway. :)

Mace
12-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Actually....I know this sounds bonkers....but would Dareus be able to play RT? Guy is pretty quick and is a beast.... would be fun to watch him try anyway. :)

That sounds bonkers, Cynical, pull yourself together. Dareus belongs at center and we switch Wood to RT.

Mr. Pink
12-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Kujo = Bust

He shoulda been released during the final cuts of 2014.