PDA

View Full Version : Cap may rise $10 million...manna for Whaley?

stuckincincy
12-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Douggie can jump back into the marquee FA market! :superman:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25401363/report-nfl-salary-cap-could-reach-1534m-in-2016-up-from-14328m

feldspar
12-05-2015, 11:27 AM
All I know is what "manna" means now...after I looked it up.

YardRat
12-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Oh, goodie. Maybe Pegula, Brandon, Whaley and Ryan can get all tanked up on the yacht again and bring in another flashy toy at 9mil per season.

feldspar
12-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Oh, goodie. Maybe Pegula, Brandon, Whaley and Ryan can get all tanked up on the yacht again and bring in another flashy toy at 9mil per season.

Yeah, we are all jaded Bills fans.

swiper
12-05-2015, 01:55 PM
Yea! More Chris Williams's on the way.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Unless the Bills have a franchise QB, $10 million more in cap space doesn't mean crap. More useless signing like Dareus.

Night Train
12-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Are we even sure Whaley will be here ? I'm not.

YardRat
12-05-2015, 03:27 PM
Are we even sure Whaley will be here ? I'm not.

The thing is (Rex isn't getting fired after one season, granted) Whaley has the defensive players to hang his hat on ("Look how good these guys were with real coaching") and a few hits this off season on offense (Incognito, Clay, Shady, Miller, Karlos) which except for the the well-publicized 'Ryan's guy' at QB have improved the offense. I really don't seen anybody getting canned after this year (except for maybe an assistant or two).

BillsImpossible
12-05-2015, 03:28 PM
The Bills can save $12.9 million against the cap by releasing Mario Williams this offseason.

Anyone remember when Mario publicly said back in January that he wanted to play linebacker after Rex was hired?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462634/article/mario-williams-excited-to-move-back-to-linebacker

"I look forward to it," he said. "So hopefully if (Ryan) hears this, this is my call-in: Will Linebacker. So hopefully it works out."

It's not working out.

Mario Williams is not going to be playing in a Bills uniform next season.

Neither will Kyle Williams ($8 million cap hit) Leodis McKelvin ($4.9 million cap hit) or EJ Manuel ($2.8 million cap hit).

That's almost $29 million in cap savings, plus an additional $10 million is $39 million to play with.

Corey Graham has a $4.7 million cap hit in 2016.

Manny Lawson has a $3.4 million cap hit in 2016.

Kraig Urbik has a $2.6 million cap hit in 2016.

That's about an additional $11 million.

$50 million of cap space is plenty to work with.

sudzy
12-05-2015, 06:02 PM
I hope the Bills speed some money on improving the pass rush. They are 31st in the NFL in sacks. Maybe a really good pass rushing safety, so they can drop Mario more in coverage.

EDS
12-05-2015, 07:10 PM
The Bills can save $12.9 million against the cap by releasing Mario Williams this offseason.

Anyone remember when Mario publicly said back in January that he wanted to play linebacker after Rex was hired?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000462634/article/mario-williams-excited-to-move-back-to-linebacker

"I look forward to it," he said. "So hopefully if (Ryan) hears this, this is my call-in: Will Linebacker. So hopefully it works out."

It's not working out.

Mario Williams is not going to be playing in a Bills uniform next season.

Neither will Kyle Williams ($8 million cap hit) Leodis McKelvin ($4.9 million cap hit) or EJ Manuel ($2.8 million cap hit).

That's almost $29 million in cap savings, plus an additional $10 million is $39 million to play with.

Corey Graham has a $4.7 million cap hit in 2016.

Manny Lawson has a $3.4 million cap hit in 2016.

Kraig Urbik has a $2.6 million cap hit in 2016.

That's about an additional $11 million.

$50 million of cap space is plenty to work with.

Well, won't a portion of the money for any players that are cut count against the cap (dead cap money)? Also, if they lose Mario and Kyle the defense becomes pretty very thin on talent up front. Remember, they need to re-sign Glenn, Incognito, Bradham and others with that cap space, in addition to replacing Mario, Kyle, Graham, etc.

Mace
12-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Whaley is the same junk he always is, endless potential when they get healthy, overpay for whatever, express full confidence in your organization that can't scout cheap ass positions you overpay for, stick with your loud choices always, and bring in a new crop of whatever you have to wheel and deal to get in a stoner's video game.

Oh yeah, good deal. His higher calling is regional scout and that's the last you'll see of him once we boot him. No no, he'll find a cheap running back then and some outstanding linebacker in 5 years and a bunch of people will miss him but I won't be one of them. He'll spend that 10 million and cost us 25 and another year unless someone reins him in, and they won't but Ryan will blame him anyway down the road.

Buffalogic
12-05-2015, 09:10 PM
As it stands and with the 10m increase, the bills are currently over that cap by 18,000. Yes, 18,000.

X-Era
12-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Well, won't a portion of the money for any players that are cut count against the cap (dead cap money)? Also, if they lose Mario and Kyle the defense becomes pretty very thin on talent up front. Remember, they need to re-sign Glenn, Incognito, Bradham and others with that cap space, in addition to replacing Mario, Kyle, Graham, etc.12.9 is the saving on Mario, there is 7 mill in dead money.

Cap hit - dead money = savings if released

X-Era
12-06-2015, 06:32 AM
As it stands and with the 10m increase, the bills are currently over that cap by 18,000. Yes, 18,000.
I will be shocked if Mario's deal isn't re-worked. Clay is another deal that is likely to be re-worked.

Kyle probably retires, McKelvin gets cut, Urbik, probably Lawson. We'll have cap room I'm not at all worried about it.

EDS
12-06-2015, 08:25 AM
12.9 is the saving on Mario, there is 7 mill in dead money.

Cap hit - dead money = savings if released

Got it. Of course that plan would leave the defense bereft of talent and depth and you still need to buy or draft a left side of the offensive line.

Novacane
12-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Well, won't a portion of the money for any players that are cut count against the cap (dead cap money)? Also, if they lose Mario and Kyle the defense becomes pretty very thin on talent up front. Remember, they need to re-sign Glenn, Incognito, Bradham and others with that cap space, in addition to replacing Mario, Kyle, Graham, etc.

They don't need to resign Bradham. He's been invisible this year.

Night Train
12-06-2015, 04:14 PM

Yeah, Mccoy has been a real bust and I really care about his cap figure while he helps wins games for us.

That trade for a broken glass Kiko is made without thinking for more than 3 seconds, even after 10 hours of drinking.

Unreal.

Topas
12-07-2015, 05:13 AM

Really? Actually I think its ok. As long as it is 18K and not 18mill. We will free up some money.
And with some LBs and OL in the draft I think we are decent. If we can just somehow get our D to work out.
We dont need cap. We need a coach that knows how to coach D.

Mahdi
12-07-2015, 06:36 AM
They don't need to resign Bradham. He's been invisible this year.

Without Bradham KC ran it at will against us and we couldn't stop the run against Houston either.

Bradham is one of our better run defenders.

Night Train
12-07-2015, 06:41 AM
I have to respectfully disagree. Our LB's have missed a lot of tackles.

DB's are making far too many tackles of opposing RB's after positive gains. DL,LB,OL in the draft.

PromoTheRobot
12-07-2015, 12:12 PM
Douggie can jump back into the marquee FA market! :superman:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25401363/report-nfl-salary-cap-could-reach-1534m-in-2016-up-from-14328m

Or sign his new starting QB to a proper deal and extend other solid players.

Victor7
12-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Without Bradham KC ran it at will against us and we couldn't stop the run against Houston either.

Bradham is one of our better run defenders.

Nah bro. Just because he doesn't suck as bad as AJ Tarpley or Tony Steward it means he's one of our best.

I'd call him one of our least worst if you will. Make no mistake about it Bradham is a liability. Our LB core is alarmingly bad.