PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls Add your Own Goats

cookie G
12-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Roman

The game plan was fantastic. Used multiple people to keep Watt at bay and didn't try to run right at Wilfork.
Not too many defenses are expecting a power sweep any more, much less on a regular basis. The play call on the Clay TD was beautiful. He used 2 TE's to force a safety choose to cover 1 of them. They put up 30 on a team that was allowing 9 ppg and left at least 10 more on the field.

Night and day between him and Marrone/Hackett.

Tyrod

211 yards, 3 tds and he had at least another 100 yards and another TD negated to penalties/drops.

Watkins

He's just producing

McCoy

I enjoy watching him more and more each week.

O Line

The replay they showed at halftime of Wood and InCognito beating up Watt was great. They gave up a few holding calls, but only one sack.

Rambo

I just like what he brings.

kingJofNYC
12-06-2015, 02:43 PM
The O was just on point, good to see, Tyrod looked great throwing from the pocket.

Thurmal
12-06-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm still discouraged by the pattern of fast starts and then long periods of impotency, but I gotta give a game ball to the coaching staff. In two of the last three weeks, they've gone against the two most dominant players of the last decade and found a way to completely neutralize them.

YardRat
12-06-2015, 02:53 PM
I can't argue with that...good list.

Not in the mood for goats this week...a win is a win.

kingJofNYC
12-06-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm still discouraged by the pattern of fast starts and then long periods of impotency, but I gotta give a game ball to the coaching staff. In two of the last three weeks, they've gone against the two most dominant players of the last decade and found a way to completely neutralize them.
The O went to **** when we lost McCoy, penalties, and drops. Hard to be perfect but you can't have those mistakes every series.

cookie G
12-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Wilfork gets a gameball too. Watching him try to run down Charles Clay on a screen made me laugh.

feldspar
12-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Goat - carpenter

Clay's easy drop was huge, but he was able to make up for it on the TD when nobody covered him. Our two TEs behind him are garbage, and they get a goat.

Robert Woods doesn't deserve to be a #2, either. Wish we still had Harvin in there.

Night Train
12-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Goat - carpenter

Clay's easy drop was huge, but he was able to make up for it on the TD when nobody covered him. Our two TEs behind him are garbage, and they get a goat.

Robert Woods doesn't deserve to be a #2, either. Wish we still had Harvin in there.

Clay never turned his head in time. Taylor let it go early due to a blitz.

Taylor, Watkins and McCoy were stars today. Rambo played well.

Albany,n.y.
12-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Today's version of Tyrod is a long term keeper.

Crisis
12-06-2015, 04:25 PM
McCoy is the best back we've had since Thurman.

TacklingDummy
12-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Balls

Oline: been playing great the last 2 weeks.

MCCOY

Tyrod

Goats

Tailgaters: I can't believe the amount of garbage they just throw on the ground. Fuggin slobs.

Stadium Food: Pizza looked like garbage. The food the wife and I ate was horrible. Out of all the stadiums we've ate at the food at the Ralph was by far the worst. There's no comparison.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Balls

MCCOY

Tyrod

Goats

Tailgaters: I can't believe the amount of garbage they just throw on the ground. Fuggin slobs.

Stadium Food: Pizza looked like garbage. The food the wife and I ate was horrible. Out of all the stadiums we've ate at the food at the Ralph was by far the worst. There's no comparison.

no doubt about the ralph. it's the most disgusting piece of garbage of all time.

surprised you're actually being fair about Tyrod though. He did look pretty good today, but mccoy and watkins were excellent!

DraftBoy
12-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Balls:
McCoy - Anybody who questioned the Kiko trade has been proven quite wrong.
Watkins - He's a baller and quickly approaching uncoverable.
Taylor - Calm, cool, and collected, this version of Taylor has the ability to lead us to playoffs eventually.
Glenn and Incognito - Great blocking all day, combined to spring McCoy for big runs.
Roman - Scheme was fantastic.

Goats:
The entire LB core - Absolute disaster, complete waste of money.
Carpenter - Wouldn't be surprised if he is cut on Monday.

Honorable Goat Mention:
Gilmore - You bounced off Polk like a JV player, either wrap up and put him out of bounds.

jimmifli
12-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Wood isn't great in pass protection anymore, and he isn't beating any NTs in the power game, but he sure is mobile.

Watching him and Incognito is like when Chan had him and Andy pulling or screening every play. Roman is smart, but doesn't out smart himself. And he isn't afraid to keep running a play when it works.

I still miss gym shorts.

Goat goes to Houston kickoff teams. Holy **** guys, you're worse than us.

Discotrish
12-06-2015, 04:56 PM
I particularly liked the clock management at the end of the first half.

Too often we rush to score and then watch them score right back. I'm glad they took their time after the big pass play.

Patti

justasportsfan
12-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Ball - Original

Goats- Carpenter
Rex- this D should've shut Hoyer out.

Crisis
12-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Maybe I'm not noticing his good plays enough since the running game was working, but is anyone else really not that impressed with Felton?

I don't know if it's just his bad plays sticking out in my mind or if he's actually playing poorly.

Oaf
12-06-2015, 10:15 PM
This may be unpopular, but I'm calling Roman a goat on this one. One repeated occasions on 3rd and <6, all our WRs run go routes or long-developing ones. That's with the DBs playing off and Watt rushing. So glad the pass pro held up. I don't know where the concept of a 5-yard out, quick flat or quick slant has gone in this offense.

There was one occasion where the blocker Woods was in front of Watkins with two DBs playing off on a 3rd and 3. They both ran down the field for about 5 seconds, and of course we didn't convert.

Also, Felton sucks. Ran right past guys, leaving McCoy out to dry and injured on one instance.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-07-2015, 01:46 AM
This may be unpopular, but I'm calling Roman a goat on this one. One repeated occasions on 3rd and <6, all our WRs run go routes or long-developing ones. That's with the DBs playing off and Watt rushing. So glad the pass pro held up. I don't know where the concept of a 5-yard out, quick flat or quick slant has gone in this offense.

There was one occasion where the blocker Woods was in front of Watkins with two DBs playing off on a 3rd and 3. They both ran down the field for about 5 seconds, and of course we didn't convert.

I did like Roman's game plan, but I have to agree that it is really focused on the deep throw. Taylor and Watkins seem to be really, really good at it, but I do recall him running shorter stuff when EJ was in.

And he must MUST stop running those godforsaken trick plays. We'll get a 45 yard completion and the next play will be a ridiculous wildcat that loses 3 yards. I have read that Rex used to do this a lot in NY, so perhaps he's overruling Roman, but whomever it is needs to cut that crap out.

Skooby
12-07-2015, 02:10 AM
Balls:

Whoever the Bills hired to help Rex manage the game clock.

Goats:

Need to kick Carp out of town, he looks like a strung-out drug addicted train wreck.

swiper
12-07-2015, 03:15 AM
Taylor, Watkins and McCoy were stars today. Rambo played well.

This. The Bills won because of McCoy, Watkins, and Taylor. Throw in a Rambo, if you will.

It's nice to see the Bills offensive play-makers making plays.

Nice to see the team thwart an opponents comeback attempt and put up a ten spot to seal it.

swiper
12-07-2015, 03:26 AM
#ThrowingBombs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThrowingBombs?src=hash): Tyrod Taylor is the first @buffalobills (https://twitter.com/buffalobills) QB to complete three 40+ yard completions in a game since Drew Bledsoe in 2002.

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2015, 06:05 AM
Goats:
The entire LB core - Absolute disaster, complete waste of money.
Carpenter - Wouldn't be surprised if he is cut on Monday.

I can't agree on the entire LB corp. Manny Lawson was quite good.

I'll also give Reddick a bit of a pass since last week he was on the same number of NFL rosters as you and I were.

One name not mentioned so far is Colton Schmidt. The guy has been outstanding this year and yesterday was his best game.

The Bills lead the league in finding awesome punters, even if they struggle at almost every position!

DraftBoy
12-07-2015, 06:25 AM
I can't agree on the entire LB corp. Manny Lawson was quite good.

I'll also give Reddick a bit of a pass since last week he was on the same number of NFL rosters as you and I were.

One name not mentioned so far is Colton Schmidt. The guy has been outstanding this year and yesterday was his best game.

The Bills lead the league in finding awesome punters, even if they struggle at almost every position!

That's true, Lawson was definitely the best of the bunch. I'm not willing to give Reddick the same pass, this isn't the first time he's been in our system.

Dr. Lecter
12-07-2015, 06:30 AM
That's true, Lawson was definitely the best of the bunch. I'm not willing to give Reddick the same pass, this isn't the first time he's been in our system.

My point was more that he is a fringe NFL player by definition.

You and I could be in the system and get killed too. Unfortunately we knew that there was not a lot of depth at LB and they have been hit with injuries there this year with Bradham, Powell and then Steward all out.

DraftBoy
12-07-2015, 06:56 AM
My point was more that he is a fringe NFL player by definition.

You and I could be in the system and get killed too. Unfortunately we knew that there was not a lot of depth at LB and they have been hit with injuries there this year with Bradham, Powell and then Steward all out.

Meh, I saw issues that were about more than just talent. He clearly didn't have a good grasp of the playbook and had trouble getting in the correct alignment or understanding his assignments. For a guy who has been with the team three different times and spent over a month on the practice squad working these schemes daily there isn't a good excuse for that imo.

gebobs
12-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Stopped Watts string of five games with a sack. Whodathunk?

Victor7
12-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Balls
Taylor. Effective. Cool TD run. If he could play like this every week we'd be set.
Shady. Electric. An absolute baller.
Watkins. Still needs more targets !! But when he gets them. Dude's a beast.
OL. JJ Watt was held in check. That is all. The run game and time for Taylor were frosting IMO.
Roman. I still hate that he calls the shotgun sweep 32948230 times a week but that was a damn fine work this game.
Eagles. Took downs the scumtriots.

Goats.
Pass D. Brian Hoyer for 3 scores almost 300 yards and if not for Marcus Easley on the last play a turnover free game. Inexcusable. Brian Hoyer guys.
LB's. This unit could be the worst in the league. I'm serious. Its painful.
Carpenter. Done, missing kicks from 33 yards is just not ok. I can live with the occasional 50 yard miss. Those are far from gimmies. But anything below 40 yards should be automatic and hit with eyes closed.
Refs. No PI on Hopkins, no flag either on the TD they caught us off guard. Never mind nobody on their line was set.

yordad
12-07-2015, 10:58 AM
Balls
Taylor. Effective. Cool TD run. If he could play like this every week we'd be set.
Shady. Electric. An absolute baller.
Watkins. Still needs more targets !! But when he gets them. Dude's a beast.
OL. JJ Watt was held in check. That is all. The run game and time for Taylor were frosting IMO.
Roman. I still hate that he calls the shotgun sweep 32948230 times a week but that was a damn fine work this game.
Eagles. Took downs the scumtriots.

Goats.
Pass D. Brian Hoyer for 3 scores almost 300 yards and if not for Marcus Easley on the last play a turnover free game. Inexcusable. Brian Hoyer guys.
LB's. This unit could be the worst in the league. I'm serious. Its painful.
Carpenter. Done, missing kicks from 33 yards is just not ok. I can live with the occasional 50 yard miss. Those are far from gimmies. But anything below 40 yards should be automatic and hit with eyes closed.
Refs. No PI on Hopkins, no flag either on the TD they caught us off guard. Never mind nobody on their line was set.Good point. 14 of their 21 points shouldn't have counted. Or at least not on the play that they did count.

User Manuel
12-07-2015, 11:05 AM
McCoy is the best back we've had since Thurman.

Word.

stuckincincy
12-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Ball: Taylor.

Goat: HOU offensive staff. Down by 6 at their own 20 with 1:53 to play. Had all 3 of their time outs. This is what they call:

"1-10-HST 20 (1:53) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to N.Washington. Thrown wide of receiver at HST 41, crossing to middle.
2-10-HST 20 (1:44) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete short middle to D.Hopkins. Underthrown, receiver at HST 34.
3-10-HST 20 (1:42) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to C.Shorts III. Overthrown, receiver nearing sideline at 50.
Timeout #1 by HST at 01:37.
4-10-HST 20 (1:37) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete short right to C.Shorts III (N.Robey) [C.Graham]. Receiver at HST 30, coverage at HST 33.".

Joe Fo Sho
12-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Ball: Taylor.

Goat: HOU offensive staff. Down by 6 at their own 20 with 1:53 to play. Had all 3 of their time outs. This is what they call:

"1-10-HST 20 (1:53) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to N.Washington. Thrown wide of receiver at HST 41, crossing to middle.
2-10-HST 20 (1:44) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete short middle to D.Hopkins. Underthrown, receiver at HST 34.
3-10-HST 20 (1:42) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete deep right to C.Shorts III. Overthrown, receiver nearing sideline at 50.
Timeout #1 by HST at 01:37.
4-10-HST 20 (1:37) (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete short right to C.Shorts III (N.Robey) [C.Graham]. Receiver at HST 30, coverage at HST 33.".

To be fair, their offensive staff did not call for for the passes to be underthrown, overthrown, or thrown wide of the intended receiver.

stuckincincy
12-07-2015, 11:58 AM
To be fair, their offensive staff did not call for for the passes to be underthrown, overthrown, or thrown wide of the intended receiver.

True, but with that much time on the clock, with all three time-outs, you can work the short pass...sure(er) completion patterns, and run the ball. Get yourself up the field. Be snappy in getting back to the LOS. If the defense is in prevent mode, you take what's given. Get the D wondering about playing prevent. Maybe even goad them into blitzing.

There's tons of examples through the years when a team marches down against a prevent or some semblance of same to grab the win. Tons of times when fans groan when the prevent shows its' face. HOU passed 4 times, came up bupkis, and left the opposition to punch in an easy fg for a 2-score lead in the waning moments..

BTW - good call on the 1 point BUF victory prediction - with the HOU missed XP on their 1st TD, it could have been exactly that. :tip:

IlluminatusUIUC
12-07-2015, 12:05 PM
True, but with that much time on the clock, with all three time-outs, you can work the short pass...sure(er) completion patterns, and run the ball. Get yourself up the field. Be snappy in getting back to the LOS. If the defense is in prevent mode, you take what's given. Get the D wondering about playing prevent. Maybe even goad them into blitzing.

There's tons of examples through the years when a team marches down against a prevent or some semblance of same to grab the win. Tons of times when fans groan when the prevent shows its' face. HOU passed 4 times, came up bupkis, and left the opposition to punch in an easy fg for a 2-score lead in the waning moments..

BTW - good call on the 1 point BUF victory prediction - with the HOU missed XP on their 1st TD, it could have been exactly that. :tip:

True, but Buffalo has shown itself vulnerable to the deep pass several times in the last few weeks and we were down our best corner. I don't know if I can fault them for trying to take the top off the D.

Joe Fo Sho
12-07-2015, 12:26 PM

One of those passes was to an open receiver pretty far down field if I remember correctly. I think it was the 3rd down pass. We blitzed and Hoyer had to release the ball before he wanted to. I actually thought that was a good call, and had it worked they would be 1st and 10 inside the 50 with a minute and a half left. I don't like those odds. Luckily, our pass rush was successful.

1st and 2nd down probably should have been more high percentage type stuff, but I credit our defense more for stopping them on 4 consecutive downs.

Thanks! I never see the Bills blowing anyone out, and I hate predicting a Bills loss...so I almost always predict a Bills 1 point victory. (Don't tell anyone)

stuckincincy
12-07-2015, 12:29 PM
True, but Buffalo has shown itself vulnerable to the deep pass several times in the last few weeks and we were down our best corner. I don't know if I can fault them for trying to take the top off the D.

There's a reason why NFL coaches - with all their "leadership" skills - aren't noted for shining (or getting employment) outside of their coterie. Here's one man's musings:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25404336/monday-musings-whats-with-the-dumb-calls-from-smart-coaches

stuckincincy
12-07-2015, 12:31 PM
One of those passes was to an open receiver pretty far down field if I remember correctly. I think it was the 3rd down pass. We blitzed and Hoyer had to release the ball before he wanted to. I actually thought that was a good call, and had it worked they would be 1st and 10 inside the 50 with a minute and a half left. I don't like those odds. Luckily, our pass rush was successful.

1st and 2nd down probably should have been more high percentage type stuff, but I credit our defense more for stopping them on 4 consecutive downs.

Thanks! I never see the Bills blowing anyone out, and I hate predicting a Bills loss...so I almost always predict a Bills 1 point victory. (Don't tell anyone)

The secret is safe. :kid:

Famous Amos
12-07-2015, 03:29 PM
Balls

MCCOY

Tyrod

Goats

About the trash at the tailgate: thank you! I think it's embarrassing and take away from Buffalo as being the best tailgaters.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2015, 09:04 PM
About the trash at the tailgate: thank you! I think it's embarrassing and take away from Buffalo as being the best tailgaters.

It looked like dump.
The people collecting cans made a killing.
Even though there was plenty of dumpsters for garbage and recyclables that were empty.