PDA

View Full Version : Running the Table

Mike
12-06-2015, 03:06 PM
Eventhough the Bills are Clearly Mediocre they have a punchers chance of Winning Out.

The Next 4 Games, are not just easy, they are cupcakes.

Eagles - one of the biggest mess in the NFL
Redskins - might be the toughest team in NFC East and Bills already lost to Giants so it's a 50/50 game.
Cowboys - without Romo (out for season) this is one of the worst teams in NFL
Jets - already beat them once

9-7 to 10-6 is Possible
Of Course the Bills are still who they are.

Mr. Cynical
12-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Eventhough the Bills are Clearly Mediocre they have a punchers chance of Winning Out.

Redskins - might be the toughest team in NFC East and Bills already lost to Giants so it's a 50/50 game.

9-7 to 10-6 is Possible

Given the Jets won today, I have a HORRIBLE feeling it's going to come down to that game, and I'm not 100% confident at all. The only saving grace is that it's in the Ralph.

pmoon6
12-06-2015, 03:25 PM

9-7 to 10-6 is Possible
Of Course the Bills are still who they are.There are no easy games. You have to factor in that the refs like to keep games close and exciting even if that means gift first downs and even TD's.

The NFL has become the WWE.

Night Train
12-06-2015, 03:32 PM

Today they are winners, King whiner. Suck it.

BertSquirtgum
12-06-2015, 03:39 PM
There are no easy games. You have to factor in that the refs like to keep games close and exciting even if that means gift first downs and even TD's.

The NFL has become the WWE.

About the refs. Sometimes that seems to be the case but I thought the crew today called a real good game. Very rare.

Buffalogic
12-06-2015, 03:41 PM
^ except on that first Houston td where they clearly weren't set.

pmoon6
12-06-2015, 03:42 PM
About the refs. Sometimes that seems to be the case but I thought the crew today called a real good game. Very rare.They still missed Offensive Pass Interference on Hopkins and the Offense wasn't set on the first TD. We got some favorable calls our way as well, so I guess you're correct.

Very rare.:D

YardRat
12-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Given the Jets won today, I have a HORRIBLE feeling it's going to come down to that game, and I'm not 100% confident at all. The only saving grace is that it's in the Ralph.

If somebody would guarantee right now that the last game of the season was a 'win and get in' match, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Eagles looking very frisky today

YardRat
12-06-2015, 04:46 PM
LOL...They are ROLLING the Pats.

DesertFox24
12-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Eagles got 14 offensive points. That is all
I am going to say

Famous Amos
12-06-2015, 05:30 PM
With the Bills, there's no telling which team shows up on any given Sunday. With all the injuries and Ryan's lobotomized defense, the Bills would be lucky to go 3-1. To the Bills' credit, they have finally figured out how to beat teams worse than them. In years past, they'd play down to the level of their opponents. Now, they seem to be able to play well enough to win those games. They haven't yet figured out how to beat better teams. The next four weeks will be a good test on how clutch they can be.

The Eagles barely beat the Cheaters but they looked pretty good. They had Brady rattled and their offense was clicking. I'm not sure about the Redskins, I havent seen them play. The Dallas game has to be a must win, can't lose to them. The Jets will be a good test as well, with how well Fitzpatrick is playing.

DynaPaul
12-06-2015, 05:56 PM
2 of these games are revenge games. Philly for McCoy and the Jets for Rex's revenge part two.

BuffaloRedleg
12-06-2015, 06:00 PM

What more could you want though? An important playoff-deciding game against Ryan Fitzpatrick? Sign me up.

It's not like he all of a sudden became elite, as much as I love the guy.

mdcas22
12-06-2015, 06:13 PM
everyone one is counting WAS. as a cup cake team when they are not. every week from here on out is a playoff game. we will have to win out to get in im sure and its hard for me to get excited when we have only won 2 straight thus far. Next week in Philly will be tough, if we win there then I might start to think we have a chance, right now we need to over take 2 teams the jets and the steelers. the Chiefs should be a lock with there remaining schedule.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-06-2015, 07:36 PM
What more could you want though? An important playoff-deciding game against Ryan Fitzpatrick? Sign me up.

The only way it becomes a win and in game is if we roll through December with 3/4 wins. We get to week 17 with that on the line and the Ralph might be the loudest it's ever been.

YardRat
12-06-2015, 07:56 PM
With the Bills, there's no telling which team shows up on any given Sunday. With all the injuries and Ryan's lobotomized defense, the Bills would be lucky to go 3-1. To the Bills' credit, they have finally figured out how to beat teams worse than them. In years past, they'd play down to the level of their opponents. Now, they seem to be able to play well enough to win those games. They haven't yet figured out how to beat better teams. The next four weeks will be a good test on how clutch they can be.

The Eagles barely beat the Cheaters but they looked pretty good. They had Brady rattled and their offense was clicking. I'm not sure about the Redskins, I havent seen them play. The Dallas game has to be a must win, can't lose to them. The Jets will be a good test as well, with how well Fitzpatrick is playing.

That 'finally' must refer to today, and 12 games in to figure that out is too late. NYG, KC and Jax are worse than Buffalo.

feldspar
12-06-2015, 08:49 PM
If the bills continue to win, I'll always keep that bogus Jacksonville penalty in my mind...we'd have won that game if not for that, without much question. That was NOT a penalty, with ZERO question. I know **** happens, but this is the way I roll sometimes.

If the Bills don't continue to win, none of that will matter, but it might make me feel a little better if they win a game they have no business winning.

trapezeus
12-07-2015, 07:09 AM

however the bill as an org, routinely makes former players stars in the worst moments. and 3rd string rbs

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-07-2015, 07:31 AM
If the bills continue to win, I'll always keep that bogus Jacksonville penalty in my mind...we'd have won that game if not for that, without much question. That was NOT a penalty, with ZERO question. I know **** happens, but this is the way I roll sometimes.

If the Bills don't continue to win, none of that will matter, but it might make me feel a little better if they win a game they have no business winning.

i feel like Tennessee was the game we had no business winning. i think we already shot our wad on that one.

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-07-2015, 07:32 AM
however the bill as an org, routinely makes former players stars in the worst moments. and 3rd string rbs

absolutely. we launched willie parkers career in 2004.

ParanoidAndroid
12-07-2015, 07:37 AM
Buffalo had better lock down that run defense or we're going to get gashed by the Eagles. If we had trouble containing Deion Lewis, the kid from NE, Sproles is going to have a field day.

OpIv37
12-07-2015, 08:07 AM
I had the Eagles penciled in as an easy win, but they beat the Pats in Foxboro so now I'm not so sure.

Joe Fo Sho
12-07-2015, 08:18 AM
I had the Eagles penciled in as an easy win, but they beat the Pats in Foxboro so now I'm not so sure.

Eh, they only had 14 points on offense. Otherwise they scored on a punt block, punt return, and interception return. That's not likely to happen again, especially in back to back weeks. But this is the Bills we're talking about, so I guess you never know..

jamze132
12-07-2015, 09:40 AM
If a miracle happens and the Bills run the table to get it, they would be on a 5 game winning streak heading into the playoffs. How many times have we seen a team get hot at the right time and then play a couple of playoff games?

And NO I am NOT saying this is going to happen, I'm just saying that teams who sneak in on a streak are dangerous.

HAMMER
12-07-2015, 10:42 AM
It is all about getting hot and being healthy at the right time.

Dozerdog
12-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Watching the Redskins, I think the Bills match up great against them. They can't stop the run and they have a hard time running it themselves.

There was a 4 game stretch vs very average teams where the Redskins were outgained on the ground something ridiculous like 785 yards against and only 90 for.

Just run it- and If Karlos Williams is back for that we wont need to put the ball in the air more than 15-20 times at the most

Dozerdog
12-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Eh, they only had 14 points on offense. Otherwise they scored on a punt block, punt return, and interception return. That's not likely to happen again, especially in back to back weeks. But this is the Bills we're talking about, so I guess you never know..

Tell me about it- after back to back -5 point games, I cut the Eagles D on my Fantasy team. At one point they had 29 fantasy points in that game and ended up with 24

Victor7
12-07-2015, 11:17 AM
All games are winnable but then again all of those teams are saying that exact same thing about us. We are not exactly world beaters.

Philly. I know they just beat NE but that was a weird game. You are not gonna get 21 points from your special teams again in a while. Winnable but then again we specialize on pissing on our own legs.

Was. They are like 5-1 at home or something. This is far from a cake walk. We just let Hoyer torch us yesterday. Cousins is on a roll at home. Again very winnable but hardly a cup cake.

Dal. This one is the only really easy one I see left. Dallas is nothing without Romo. I mean if we lose it I won't be shocked. Its the Bills after all. But this should be a walk in the park.

Jets. Still almost a month away from this game so we'll see what happens record and roster wise with both teams. But its also winnable. Although I gotta say Fitz hasn't had the late season melt down we are used to. And he's clicking with Marshall. We gotta hope they come in already out or close to

Man if only Rex had not gifted the KC game or EJ the Jax game. We would be in sooooooooo much better shape right now.

notacon
12-07-2015, 03:48 PM
My calculations deem the Bills' MUST win out to have a chance at the playoffs. If they win their remaining games, and Pittsburgh loses two games (Cinci and Denver) the Bills are in and don't need help from anyone else.

Please, will others take a close look and verify what I think is possible?

gebobs
12-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Win out and they have an 82% shot. Lose one more to the following and the odds are...

PHI/WAS/DAL: 55-57%
NYJ: 21%

NFL PLAYOFF SIMULATOR (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/upshot/2015-nfl-playoff-simulator.html?team=buf)

Victor7
12-07-2015, 04:09 PM
My calculations deem the Bills' MUST win out to have a chance at the playoffs. If they win their remaining games, and Pittsburgh loses two games (Cinci and Denver) the Bills are in and don't need help from anyone else.

Please, will others take a close look and verify what I think is possible?

Yup. If the Bills win out and Pitt drops a couple we in as the 6th seed. I think we are in even if they only lose one too.

BillsOwnAll
12-07-2015, 04:32 PM
according to espn playoff machine. It seems like if we win out we NEED pit to drop the cinci game. If they win at cinci and lost to denver they still get in for whatever reason.

sudzy
12-07-2015, 05:19 PM

I had Jacksonville penciled in as an easy win. If the last 15 years have taught us anything, it is there are no sure wins as Bills fans. I'm just trying to figure out which one of these remaining teams end up being this years Raiders game.

Saratoga Slim
12-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Watching the Skins/Cowboys. If we can't beat both of these clown posses, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Sloppiest offensive display I've seen in some time.

Ed
12-07-2015, 07:46 PM
according to espn playoff machine. It seems like if we win out we NEED pit to drop the cinci game. If they win at cinci and lost to denver they still get in for whatever reason.
If the Bills win out and the Steelers lose one more to finish 10-6 also, both teams would be 7-5 in the AFC. So the next tie-breaker would be winning percentage against common opponents. Common opponents would be Pats, Bengals, Chiefs, and Colts. So if they beat the Bengals we'd be 1-4 and they would be 2-3. However, if the Bills and Steelers both finish 9-7 and the Bills loss is to an NFC opponent, the Bills would finish ahead of the Steelers with a better AFC record.

BillsOwnAll
12-07-2015, 08:48 PM
If the Bills win out and the Steelers lose one more to finish 10-6 also, both teams would be 7-5 in the AFC. So the next tie-breaker would be winning percentage against common opponents. Common opponents would be Pats, Bengals, Chiefs, and Colts. So if they beat the Bengals we'd be 1-4 and they would be 2-3. However, if the Bills and Steelers both finish 9-7 and the Bills loss is to an NFC opponent, the Bills would finish ahead of the Steelers with a better AFC record.

ahh i see perfect. I didnt look that deep into thanks! So basically just win out and it SHOULD work itself out.

YardRat
12-07-2015, 09:26 PM
They just had on the news...If Buffalo wins out, KC has to lose two AND Pittsburgh either has to a)lose two or b)lose to Cincinnati.

Ed
12-07-2015, 09:41 PM
ahh i see perfect. I didnt look that deep into thanks! So basically just win out and it SHOULD work itself out.
If the Bills actually won out it's much more likely that they would make the playoffs than miss the playoffs, but anything is possible. If they did win out, only the Chiefs and Steelers could still finish ahead of them for the WC. Chiefs would need to lose two games, which is hard to see since they play such weak teams and 3 of 4 are at home. So it comes down to the Steelers. If the Steelers do lose to Cincy this week, but win the rest and finish tied with the Bills at 10-6 their tie-breaker would come down to SOV since AFC record and common opponent record would both be the same. Right now the Bills have the higher SOV of .444 vs. .405 for the Steelers, but those could change a lot over the next four weeks.

So just root for the Bills to keep winning and the Steelers and Chiefs to start losing.

Mace
12-07-2015, 09:49 PM
The win was good, made me happy, my brother lives near Houston, that's his team and I don't like him so.... It's not really a shame I don't talk to him anymore, but if I did, heh.

I'm not real excited about them running the table though, I just don't see it happening. They won two in a row once (against relatively familiar teams), I just don't think Ryan has it in him to lead a consistent team. Like he went berserker against NE, conservative against KC, moderately conservative against Hoyer for heavens sake, like the guy wouldn't have been overwhelmed by a Brady facing gameplan, or it would be a good thing to let Alex Smith slice and dice.

I want to be excited and hopeful but I'm not. I think they split their last 4 and can't even guess which are wins and losses because I just don't see a consistent team identity because I don't think there is one.

All of these games should certainly be winnable which is why I'm sure by now they aren't.

Mike
12-08-2015, 05:55 AM

Its the Bills = There are No Easy Wins

Fortunately, we have a cupcake schedule.

Yasgur's Farm
12-08-2015, 08:56 AM
They just had on the news...If Buffalo wins out, KC has to lose two AND Pittsburgh either has to a)lose two or b)lose to Cincinnati.I don't think that's an "AND"... I think it's an "OR"... We only need to beat out 1 of those 2.

It would take...
2 KC losses and 4 Bills wins
OR
2 Pitt losses or loss to Cin and 4 Bills wins

GreedoII
12-08-2015, 09:49 AM

9-7 to 10-6 is Possible

Weird schedule with these 3 NFC games in a row. Stupid actually but it's hilarious Buf is in the middle of the NFC East race....lol

Victor7
12-08-2015, 10:31 AM
I don't think that's an "AND"... I think it's an "OR"... We only need to beat out 1 of those 2.

It would take...
OR

We can still lose one and go in at 9-7 granted Pitt loses to Cincy and our loss be vs an NFC team and not the Jets if I'm not mistaken.

Plenty of scenarios left but at the end of the day all of then require a 3-1 or 4-0 finish from us. Tall order for such an inconsistent team. Our "longest" winning streak this season is 2 games. lol

BillsOwnAll
12-08-2015, 05:02 PM
My buddies a Chiefs fan so I see a lot of em. They have an easy schedule but aren't a powerhouse themselves, they are more than capable of forgetting to show up to a game or 3.

YardRat
12-08-2015, 05:27 PM
I don't think that's an "AND"... I think it's an "OR"... We only need to beat out 1 of those 2.

It would take...
OR

Could be I heard the sportscaster wrong.

I just ran the simulator...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

...with Buffalo and Pittsburgh winning out, KC losing two, and the Jets only losing to Buffalo then Pittsburgh (5th) and Buffalo (6th) make the playoffs.

stuckincincy
12-08-2015, 09:17 PM

Currently PGH is 4-4 vs BUF's 6-5 vs. AFC opponents.

The problem is, is (heh - Bill Clinton flashback) that BUF's final 4 games only include one AFC opponent - NYJ. PGH, OTOH, faces four AFC opponents.

Who knows how both clubs will fare, but PGH has the better opportunity to climb in the AFC record tie-breaker.

Victor7
12-09-2015, 08:47 AM
My buddies a Chiefs fan so I see a lot of em. They have an easy schedule but aren't a powerhouse themselves, they are more than capable of forgetting to show up to a game or 3.

Not lately. They are on like a 5 or 6 game winning streak. They are showing up. The remaining teams on their sched are cup cakes and 3 of those games are at home.

If we are gonna make it its gonna be as the 6 seed. The Chiefs are the 5th. We gotta let that go. It would take a monumental collapse for them not to get it.

Yasgur's Farm
12-09-2015, 09:04 AM
No difference... Take no chances... Bills need to win all 4... Let the chips fall where they may.

swiper
12-09-2015, 10:07 AM
If it takes 10-6 for a team to squeak in as a wildcard and the Colts get in with just 8 wins, I will be upset.

feldspar
12-09-2015, 10:24 AM
If it takes 10-6 for a team to squeak in as a wildcard and the Colts get in with just 8 wins, I will be upset.

Talk about running the table...the table is already set.

The table is set to be upset for any number of reasons if the Bills don't get a Wildcard spot.

You pointed out one of many. But, on a larger scale, having to consecutively play 3/4 of the NFC East outweighs whatever happens the AFC South, with the Colts. We're up against three teams that are either 5-7 or 4-8 that can still win their division. It's the Super Bowl for these teams back-to-back-back...at this moment anyway.

Looking forward to the "what are you most upset about" thread if and when(?)the Bills don't make the playoffs.

Joe Fo Sho
12-09-2015, 11:02 AM

If the Bills don't win their division, and also don't beat out 2 other teams who couldn't win their division, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

swiper
12-09-2015, 03:32 PM
If the Bills don't win their division, and also don't beat out 2 other teams who couldn't win their division, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Agreed. My fair weather marker is still the Marrone line. Ryan had better get to at least 9-7 (whether in the play-offs or not) to deserve to come back for year 2 IMO. Otherwise he took a team with better personnel back a step or two. He should be embarrassed to do less than 9-7.

Victor7
12-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Agreed. My fair weather marker is still the Marrone line. Ryan had better get to at least 9-7 (whether in the play-offs or not) to deserve to come back for year 2 IMO. Otherwise he took a team with better personnel back a step or two. He should be embarrassed to do less than 9-7.

Well that last win last year shouldn't really count IMO.

swiper
12-13-2015, 02:12 PM
LOL. Where are all the idiots who said this team would run the table before the Texans game? LOL.

Rex Ryan - sloppiest coach ever.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Lose the table.
Get the best draft pick that they can.
Then Draft the best QB on the board.

sudzy
12-13-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm just trying to figure out which one of these remaining teams end up being this years Raiders game.

It was today's game

gebobs
12-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Man, I was hoping they would at least keep it interesting for one week.

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. I think 6-7 is probably a compliment for this team.