PDA

View Full Version : Finally! Mulligan Released, O'Leary Promoted from PS

ParanoidAndroid
12-09-2015, 07:59 AM
It's about time that lump was let go so we can have someone who can actually catch a pass out there.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-promote-TE-Nick-OLeary-TE-Mulligan-released/582b3f01-91d7-42a6-bcc1-6b2600df277a
(http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-promote-TE-Nick-OLeary-TE-Mulligan-released/582b3f01-91d7-42a6-bcc1-6b2600df277a)

Night Train
12-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Yes, this will complete the playoff push...

O'Leary had a good college career... and then spent camp and pre-season dropping the ball.

Mahdi
12-09-2015, 08:29 AM
There were a few teams who lost TEs and were probably going to take O'Leary off the PS.

I believe SF was looking for TE help.

This was a choice between O'Leary and Mulligan that had to be made now.

k-oneputt
12-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Mulligan sucked.
He was a penalty machine and he wasn't even that good a blocker which is supposed to be his strength.

feldspar
12-09-2015, 10:36 AM
The Bills gave Mulligan one too many mulligans.

Now it's time to be leery of O'Leary...

...and now for my next bad pun...

ParanoidAndroid
12-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes, this will complete the playoff push...

O'Leary had a good college career... and then spent camp and pre-season dropping the ball.

I don't see O'Leary necessarily getting a lot of playing time. I think Gragg plays some extra snaps which means we have a TE that doesn't have hands like Chubbs Peterson.

Mr. Miyagi
12-09-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't know whose **** Mulligan sucked to have been on the team that long in the first place.

Bill Cody
12-09-2015, 12:50 PM
who cares

Pinkerton Security
12-09-2015, 01:13 PM
O'Leary has better upside, outside of that this shouldnt change our team much

Buffalogic
12-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Is Marquise Gray still on the team? Did he IR this or last year?

Uncle Jesse
12-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Is Marquise Gray still on the team? Did he IR this or last year?

He's currently on IR, broke his arm.

mdcas22
12-11-2015, 04:57 PM
I don't know whose **** Mulligan sucked to have been on the team that long in the first place.

another Rex Ryan guy from the jets.

YardRat
12-11-2015, 05:17 PM
O'Leary better be able to block at least a little bit, otherwise they cut the wrong guy (*cough*Gragg*cough*).

On the other hand, smart move by Ryan with just a few games left to bring in a guy that has the resources to help the rest of the roster get the kinks out of their golf swing. Ol' Rexy, always one step ahead of the crowd.

justasportsfan
12-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Looks like our coaching staff is anticipating their golf season will start early.

Famous Amos
12-12-2015, 03:22 PM
I didn't know this was a thing. He's a second or third string tight end. A position not featured often by Roman in the passing game. OLeary was awful in the preseason. This move does nothing for me considering that the o line is finally gelling and coming together. Who else was surprised how well the o line played last week without Miller and Henderson? Mills had a good game and now Miller is coming hack, we all of a sudden do not need a blocking tight end.

Mace
12-12-2015, 05:20 PM
I didn't know this was a thing. He's a second or third string tight end. A position not featured often by Roman in the passing game. OLeary was awful in the preseason. This move does nothing for me considering that the o line is finally gelling and coming together. Who else was surprised how well the o line played last week without Miller and Henderson? Mills had a good game and now Miller is coming hack, we all of a sudden do not need a blocking tight end.

Thing is though, and I'm no fan of Mulligan, he actually caught my attention a few times last week standing up d-linemen and plowing lb's like an all pro guard. That dude might only be able to block but he can seriously block. I'd resign him, make him a "fullback" and boot Felton.

Mr. Pink
12-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Mulligan was here because he could block...period.

Now the roster has 0 tight ends who can block.

Brilliant idea to release him.

Mace
12-12-2015, 07:09 PM

He could really block too. I kind of hate the idea of hanging on to a blocking TE, kind of really hated Mulligan until I paid any attention to him. Oh that guy seriously can block. First time I saw it I thought I lost track of the roster and game injuries, and I was watching some OL pickup sub I hadn't paid attention to, thinking "whoa there".

I still sort of hate the idea of a blocking TE, but the guy impressed me. Gotta be some way to get him back and find a use for him.

Mr. Pink
12-12-2015, 07:25 PM
He could really block too. I kind of hate the idea of hanging on to a blocking TE, kind of really hated Mulligan until I paid any attention to him. Oh that guy seriously can block. First time I saw it I thought I lost track of the roster and game injuries, and I was watching some OL pickup sub I hadn't paid attention to, thinking "whoa there".

I still sort of hate the idea of a blocking TE, but the guy impressed me. Gotta be some way to get him back and find a use for him.

Just like long snapper, a team needs a blocking tight end from time to time.

They're always underappreciated. And people really don't give a crap because neither makes a huge visible impact on the game. But you still need both from time to time.

Scumbag College
12-12-2015, 09:05 PM
We're not there for the practices so maybe O'Leary improved, but with the injuries and inconsistent play on the OL I would think that keeping Mulligan around might have been smart. The only thing that I can think of is that anotehr team wanted to sign O'Leary off of the PS and instead of losing him the Bills decided to bring him up.

mdcas22
12-13-2015, 08:46 AM
not that hard to replace a blocking tight end just put a guy like Mills there.

swiper
12-13-2015, 09:58 AM

Here's Whaley & Ryan: get rid of the sucky ex-Patriot blocking TE (Lee) and replace him with a suckier, ex-Jet blocking TE. Never understood that move. It was a clear downgrade. They could have just kept Lee. HE sucked, but was clearly better than Mulligan.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 03:43 PM
How did letting that blocking TE go look today?

Was O'Leary even on the field...ever?

Another brilliant move, maybe we can cut O'Leary tomorrow and bring back Mulligan...it would fit the theme of this team.