PDA

View Full Version : Stand Up or Sit Down For The Spirit of 7-6 in Philly

BillsImpossible
12-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Last week's game against the Texans was a first for me.

I went to the game with my best friends and had a blast as we usually do. Great seats, 35 yard line in the Jim Kelly Club level.

The only problem was that we weren't allowed to stand for the first time ever because the people behind us (that never go to games) complained about us all standing on 3rd downs!

The usher came down and told us we had to sit down.

The only time we were standing was when the Bills defense was faced with a 3rd down situation.

What the hell is wrong with that? Stand up! 3rd downs were the only times we ever stood up.

Okay, whatever, we just brushed it off as BS to make the fat ***** behind us happy.

So during a TV timeout, the Bills soluted two World War 2 veterans that were brothers in the corner of the endzone.

One brother was 96 and the other was 101 years old. The crowd was amazingly loud! Huge roar! Got the defense pumped!

My friends and I stood up and cheered for them like 98% of the everyone else in the stadium did.

The people behind us complained again because we stood and cheered for two World War 2 veterans.

The usher came down and told us we had to sit down, for a second time.

We stood and cheered for two war heroes, and the people behind us had a problem with that.

Unkind words were exchanged.

I'm a veteran, and my best friends brother served in Iraq and Afghanistan. We were pissed off.

The fat ***** behind us had the gall to say, "You didn't fight in that war so sit your ass down!"

I politely told her to give my butt cheeks a smooch.

The Philadelphia Eagles used to play at "Veterans Stadium."

Now they play at Lincoln Financial Field.

If anyone in Philadelphia told somebody to sit down over cheering for 2 WWII veterans, they'd experience what tough love is.

To make a long story short, the pussies behind us left with about 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Hold your ground and stand up for what's right and your enemies with walk away without a fight.

If you don't want to stand up and be loud for the Bills defense on 3rd downs and don't stand up to solute two veterans that helped win World War 2, do everyone a favor and keep your fat ass on the couch and never show your face at a Bills home game ever again.

OpIv37
12-11-2015, 10:04 PM
I saw some Phillies games at the Vet back in the day and it was a piece of ****. As a kid I loved just being at the game, but the stadium had issues.

THRILLHO
12-11-2015, 10:55 PM
I hate these "sit down" rules now. Living down south I go to every game we play in Miami and before the game there is a "only stand if everyone else is standing" PSA on the big board. If I want to stand, Im going to stand. Its why I pay to be there. I can sit at home.

YardRat
12-12-2015, 04:45 AM
I've sat just about everywhere there is to sit in the Ralph over the years, except for a suite and the press box. Standing up for third downs, big plays and to salute honored guests is one thing...for the entire game quite another. In my experience attendees that want to stand for the entire game aren't really there for the football, they are there for the social experience...which, in Buffalo, equals getting hammered and ****ing around with friends. I have been to games where people standing have. literally, had their back to the field 3/4's of the time. If somebody wants to party-up with a football game as background noise, stay home and put it on the flat screen.