PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod

YardRat
12-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Taylor played terrible today, there isn't even a debate.

Crisis
12-13-2015, 02:08 PM
He was mediocre. The OL was a ****ing mess.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2015, 02:11 PM
He's a gimmick. All or nothing. His play causes the Oline to commit penalties. Holding on to ball too long, running around in the backfield, creates holding penalties.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 02:15 PM
He's a gimmick. All or nothing. His play causes the Oline to commit penalties. Holding on to ball to long, running around in the backfield, creates holding penalties.

This is pretty much it right here. He stares down one receiver, almost exclusively on the outside, and if that receiver isn't open he starts running all over the backfield attempting to find someone else or just take off and run. He doesn't stand in the pocket and go through progressions and he's almost completely unwilling to throw the ball down the seam.

The Natrix
12-13-2015, 02:16 PM
What? How did he play terrible?

He's the only reason they even were still in it at the end. On the road with 15 penalties, terrible coaching, one of the worst o-line performances of the season, and too soft of a D didn't do him any favors.

The Taylor hate has got to stop. He's the teams MVP for god's sake LOL.

They would probably have like 3 wins with EJ/Cassell.

swiper
12-13-2015, 02:17 PM
He's an athlete, not a QB. Some of us have been telling you that since he was signed.

He's far better than Manuel. There is no doubt there.

It's classic that his athleticism has lead to bloated early numbers, but now teams are figuring him out. He's no surprise to defenses anymore.

swiper
12-13-2015, 02:19 PM

He's the only reason they even were still in it at the end. On the road with 15 penalties, terrible coaching, one of the worst o-line performances of the season, and too soft of a D didn't do him any favors.

The Taylor hate has got to stop. He's the teams MVP for god's sake LOL.

They would probably have like 3 wins with EJ/Cassell.

He's Michael Vick without the dead dogs.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-13-2015, 02:20 PM
I don't think this fan base deserves a good qb

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 02:20 PM
He's Michael Vick without the dead dogs.

And less arm strength and slower.

Taylor is Terrelle Pryor.

kingJofNYC
12-13-2015, 02:21 PM
So were his teammates. Tyrod will get bashed, but his OL and WRs did him no favors. Drops, illegal motions, holding calls, Eagles DL wrecked our OL.

This guy has been better than anyone since Flutie, but fans still bash him. Last two series were not good, but every positive play was negated by a penalty, kept putting us in 3rd and long. Just garbage by the OL.

Buffalogic
12-13-2015, 02:24 PM
He should have made better decisions today. In the first half, that pass in the endzone to a double covered mccoy instead of running for a first down and getting into field goal range was a big one and so was that stupid int at the end. Mario came up with a huge play to give the offense that chance to win the game and they just choked. Tyrod specifically.

The Natrix
12-13-2015, 02:27 PM
It's his first season as a starter. Give me 7 QBs over the past decade that have had a better debut season. I bet you can't.

I wonder sometimes if some of you guys are even watching the games.

I'm not saying I'm sold on him long term, but unless he completely ****s the bed these last 3 games, he is almost for sure the week one starter next year.

LVGrown
12-13-2015, 02:28 PM
As soon as they showed that TT was 0-4/5 when throwing over 30 times and we were throwing the ball as much as we were I may have accepted the loss in my head, but not my heart.

The announcers talking about no interceptions since the Giants game was killing me as well.

I am pretty pissed about Woods giving up on that interception, he had no idea where the ball was or who was in the area to intercept it.

WagonCircler
12-13-2015, 02:28 PM
He is mediocre.

Fixed it.

He is Doug Flutie.

Does some crazy fun things, but is fatally flawed.

mdcas22
12-13-2015, 02:33 PM
as many penalties as we had we still were in the game, TT just needed to make good decisions and he didn't or can't. he either throws it 50 yards or forget it. a number of times we were 3rd and short and he threw it long instead of using his so called legs that so many say he has. this team will never win with Rex as a coach and TT as the quarterback.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Fixed it.

He is Doug Flutie.

Does some crazy fun things, but is fatally flawed.

Doug was a throw first QB, run at last resort.
Tyrod is run first, throw the ball if my 1 read is open QB.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2015, 02:40 PM
13 drives

5 plays
4 plays
5 plays
8 plays
9 plays
7 plays
1 play
8 plays
6 plays
7 plays
5 plays
3 plays
3 plays

justasportsfan
12-13-2015, 02:41 PM
He wasn't terrible. The penalties were not his fault. Can't win on the road when your first down gets nullified due to penalties

sdbillsfan2
12-13-2015, 02:42 PM
My biggest fear is they give TT a Fitzpatrick size contract before they realize he's not the answer . Then we'll be stuck again .

mdcas22
12-13-2015, 02:53 PM
My biggest fear is they give TT a Fitzpatrick size contract before they realize he's not the answer . Then we'll be stuck again .

he is under contract another year. no need to get in a hurry.

YardRat
12-13-2015, 02:55 PM
It's his first season as a starter. Give me 7 QBs over the past decade that have had a better debut season. I bet you can't.

I'm not saying I'm sold on him long term, but unless he completely ****s the bed these last 3 games, he is almost for sure the week one starter next year.

The first bolded part has absolutely nothing to do with the specific subject of this thread. He was terrible today, for many of the reasons already mentioned, plus being horribly inaccurate on the long throws. As for the second bolded part, I'm wondering that myself about anybody that defends Taylor's performance today.

Historian
12-13-2015, 03:04 PM
If we compare him to EJ, yea, he's better.

But that's setting the bar awfully low...

Novacane
12-13-2015, 03:16 PM

Then you better pray he blows the next 3 games or the morons running this team will probably do just that!

feldspar
12-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Tyrod Taylor was our best option this year, and he's played WAY, WAY better than anyone thought he would.

I'm a fan of his.

don137
12-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Lets just say he is not a crunch time QB.

ct bills fan
12-13-2015, 04:36 PM
Yeah Tyrod was bad today. They way he committed all those drive stalling false starts and holding penalties was inexcusable. Then he has the nerve to allow an unknown wr catch a 50 yd td on 2nd and 26 after he muffed the punt. He wasnt as accurate as he usually is but there's a lot of blame to be spread around. Plus, the play calling was a bit weird with the long throws on 2nd and 2 and 3rd and 3.

ct bills fan
12-13-2015, 04:39 PM
No need to do.anything with his contract until next year. 2nd year for a qb is usually one they take big strides. If anyone told you at the beginning of the season that TT would have 21 totals tds in 11 games with a completion rate around 65% and 5 tds, any ifnus would have said awesome, we must be around 11 and 2. Tyrod can be better and will be, but isn't the problem

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Not tossing him under the bus quite yet... He's never going to be elite, but I think given the time this year and more familiarity with the system and game speed he could be serviceable. But make no mistake I'd grab a qb in the draft asafp if it's there. Need to keep swinging until you get a franchise qb.

YardRat
12-13-2015, 04:44 PM
Yeah Tyrod was bad today. They way he committed all those drive stalling false starts and holding penalties was inexcusable. Then he has the nerve to allow an unknown wr catch a 50 yd td on 2nd and 26 after he muffed the punt. He wasnt as accurate as he usually is but there's a lot of blame to be spread around. Plus, the play calling was a bit weird with the long throws on 2nd and 2 and 3rd and 3.

Nobody said he was the sole reason they lost today, did they?

TacklingDummy
12-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Nobody said he was the sole reason they lost today, did they?

Well people do put the whole blame on EJ for losing the Jags game even though he helped bring them back to take the lead.

Did the Bills ever have the lead today?

ct bills fan
12-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Sure - draft a qb in rd 3 as we need a backup anyway. If we had a good backup, we wouldn't be in the situation anyway. Ej's jax game should never be compared to anything. That was 1 minute of atrocious qb play that I don't think I've ever witnessed before. It's tough to quantify Tyrod's stats as he's not your typical 1st qb but compared to recent 1st year and he stacks up well. Hopefully he continues to improve and can stay healthy

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 05:16 PM
And it happens still.

Tyrod did as much to cost the Bills the first Pats game, the Giants game and todays game as much as EJ did to cost the Bills the Jags game.

Of course, if the defense stepped up on the Jags final drive, EJs 1 minute crapfest span wouldn't have made any difference. Unlike the Pats, Giants or todays game when the Bills only lead was early in the Pats game.

OLDSRIP
12-13-2015, 05:18 PM

Dont forget how he kept jumping offsides on defense too.

BertSquirtgum
12-13-2015, 05:48 PM
Ive been very vocal about tyrod sucking but he was not the problem today. It was ****ty play calling. ****ty defense. ****ty blocking. And ****ty special teams.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Ive been very vocal about tyrod sucking but he was not the problem today. It was ****ty play calling. ****ty defense. ****ty blocking. And ****ty special teams.

And a ****ty last pass.

BertSquirtgum
12-13-2015, 05:54 PM
And a ****ty last pass.

Horse****

Ingtar33
12-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Well people do put the whole blame on EJ for losing the Jags game even though he helped bring them back to take the lead.

you have to stop using the jags game as an example of people being "unfair" to EJ. EJ did throw 3 picks and a fumble, two of which went for 6 and another which lead to another touchdown in making that deficit.

And it happens still.

Tyrod did as much to cost the Bills the first Pats game, the Giants game and todays game as much as EJ did to cost the Bills the Jags game.

Of course, if the defense stepped up on the Jags final drive, EJs 1 minute crapfest span wouldn't have made any difference. Unlike the Pats, Giants or todays game when the Bills only lead was early in the Pats game.

combined maybe. combined he had as much to do with those loses as EJ did in the Jags game. Jesus, you guys, i get you hate Tyrod, but this argument doesn't fly at all.

chernobylwraiths
12-13-2015, 06:38 PM
He was VERY inaccurate today. There were several times that I wondered where the hell he was throwing the ball. Why are you throwing it 30 yards downfield to a double covered guy when we needed 3 or 5 yards? He is NOT an accurate passer, or at least today he wasn't. Even his "so called" great deep passes, I have noticed several times that his passes were short to a wide open receiver.

Bill Cody
12-13-2015, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure he's better than EJ

ct bills fan
12-13-2015, 06:50 PM
He was VERY inaccurate today. There were several times that I wondered where the hell he was throwing the ball. Why are you throwing it 30 yards downfield to a double covered guy when we needed 3 or 5 yards? He is NOT an accurate passer, or at least today he wasn't. Even his "so called" great deep passes, I have noticed several times that his passes were short to a wide open receiver.

I agree he wasn't accurate today, but to say he's not an accurate qb seems ridiculous. he's on pace to have one of the highest completion %s in franchise history, if not the highest. You guys hated Jim Kelly too, and no I'm not comparing the two

- - - Updated - - -

Sarcasm I'm really hoping?

kingJofNYC
12-13-2015, 06:50 PM

I'm pretty sure he is.

Mace
12-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Meh. Taylor wasn't good today. He can be pretty "not bad", with some flashes of awesome. It's his first year as a starter.

I want to not like him and keep circling to maybe I do like him.

He reads defenses real slow, and has a too much tendency to throw to a spot, not a player when the play is 5 yards farther. He gets crazylegs sometimes and loses track of a play instead of just tossing it. I'm not real sure this stuff doesn't improve with experience, but I'm also not sure the Bills are savvy enough to find gold other teams missed.

He's a competitor like Fitz with better hand/eye coordination. Oh he can run. I still think his durability is a major issue, I can't see him playing 16 games.

But the guy can throw sometimes in tight windows, or long sweetly, and I keep wondering if he's not learning and how he'll do with another camp and time with his receivers. Same old same old ? I dunno, but he's not the worst problem we have and he's probably the best potential we've had in a while if you compare him correctly to rookie starters, because starting is diff from backup experience in a different system.

I'm just not real super upset about Tyrod Taylor. Might be a bad piece to a bad puzzle, but the puzzle is more screwed up than he is, and he has the junk David Lee "teaching him" to pass in a Roman "run" offense.

Crap game sure. But I still see him as a rookie, and he's been a good rookie.

kingJofNYC
12-13-2015, 06:58 PM
It's a bad QB league, and like it or not Tyrod has been better than the bottom third of the league, somewhere right in the middle. Durability is a major concern, he hesitates to run because of his knee. Should have ran for a first when he threw the deep ball to McCoy in the first half, he had room. Healthy and confident Tyrod gets the first with his legs.

jimbohastle51
12-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Good or bad today Tyrod will be the guy for at least 1 more season. The coach and GM love him and his contract is very cap friendly for 1 more year. We have almost no money to sign a better QB and this is a very the QB class coming out in the draft. Tyrod will get 1 full offseason and training camp as the unquestioned starter next season. After that the team and all of us will really know what we have in Tyrod Taylor. In my opinion this kid is going to be very good. After a full offseason and training camp of practicing the offense he will be a much better desicion maker. The guy is on pace for a 3,000 yard passing with 25TD to 5INT and 500 yard rushing with 5 rushing TD season (these are my projection based on what he has done throughout the season so far and factoring 3 more games in). Oh by the way while putting those numbers up he will be in the top 5 in QB rating in the NFL. Also I didn't mention he will cost under 5 million next season. He isn't going anywhere.

TacklingDummy
12-13-2015, 08:09 PM

He's not.
The Bills still would have won the games that Tyrod won if EJ started.
If EJ started all year the Bills would have a winning record right now.
He's the better QB.
Sure he's not the better running back playing QB gimmick. But those QB don't last long in this league.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-13-2015, 08:13 PM

People put the blame on the Jax loss on EJ because he personally accounted for more turnovers in those six minutes then Taylor has in the subsequent six games.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 08:14 PM
you have to stop using the jags game as an example of people being "unfair" to EJ. EJ did throw 3 picks and a fumble, two of which went for 6 and another which lead to another touchdown in making that deficit.

combined maybe. combined he had as much to do with those loses as EJ did in the Jags game. Jesus, you guys, i get you hate Tyrod, but this argument doesn't fly at all.

Jesus?

I don't think Tyrod is any better of a QB than Brad Smith, Antwaan Randle El, Eric Crouch or Josh Cribbs.

And none of those guys ever played a down in the NFL at QB, well besides some wildcat plays.

Tyrod Taylor looks no different than Terrelle Pryor did when he got to attempt to QB the Raiders.

Yet somehow people here are enamored with a guy who's a 1 read, option QB who's afraid of the middle of the field.

I don't get it.

The Jokeman
12-13-2015, 08:17 PM
If we compare him to EJ, yea, he's better.

But that's setting the bar awfully low...

EJ was a rookie in his first year, this is Tyrod's 5th year in the league. I was an RJ fan but I've learned that non playing time shouldn't be an excuse. I'm willing to let Tyrod play next season but I wouldn't be opposed to drafting a guy like Cook if he happens to fall to us on draft day.

Crisis
12-13-2015, 09:22 PM
lol Tyrod looks nothing like Terrelle Pryor. The comparisons here are ridiculous.

When any of the guys you listed throw for 18 TDs and 5 INTs let me know.

Discotrish
12-13-2015, 10:01 PM

I see potential.

Patti

feldspar
12-13-2015, 10:21 PM

I don't get it.

That much is clear.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 10:25 PM
lol Tyrod looks nothing like Terrelle Pryor. The comparisons here are ridiculous.

When any of the guys you listed throw for 18 TDs and 5 INTs let me know.

You're right, Pryor was a better runner than Tyrod. I shouldn't shortchange him like that.

Exact same one read option QB.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2015, 10:30 PM
That much is clear.

That was almost funny!

Here's what I get...this team, or any team for that matter, isn't winning anything with that guy behind center.

kingJofNYC
12-13-2015, 10:57 PM
How's Trestman doing these days Mr Pink?

Novacane
12-14-2015, 06:45 AM
Tyrod needs to start playing well for full games. He looks good for only a half. You never know what half that's going to be.

Bill Cody
12-14-2015, 07:50 AM
I'm pretty sure he is.

I'm not. I wasn't in favor of drafting EJ because I knew what he was, a big project. He's better than last year but he's still too inconsistent to be a winning player. But when he screws up he gets completely destroyed here. Tierod? He mostly gets a pass and he's been in the league a lot longer even if was on the bench.

gebobs
12-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Missing Watkins wide open for an easy score comes to mind. Going for 30-yard strikes on 3rd and 2 a few times occurs to me.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 08:27 AM
How's Trestman doing these days Mr Pink?

Offensive Coordinator for the Ravens.

Kinda hard to do anything with a team offensively when you're on your 3rd string QB and your 2nd string QB likes throwing pick sixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Tyrod needs to start playing well for full games. He looks good for only a half. You never know what half that's going to be.

He's not even good for a half. He's good for like 2 drives a game and looks completely lost the rest of it.

sukie
12-14-2015, 08:27 AM
I wish Tyrod was our backup. Backup to someone much better. He can play the black Frank Reich role in the updated remake of that hit 90's franchise.

justasportsfan
12-14-2015, 08:32 AM
if the defense stepped up on the Jags final drive, EJs 1 minute crapfest span wouldn't have made any difference.

If the OL stepped up yesterday we would have won.

I doubt we lose by 3 points yesterday if EJ was the qb and the OL played like it did. Maybe EJ gives them 3-4 pick 6?

justasportsfan
12-14-2015, 08:35 AM

this I agree. Once teams take away Watkins in the 2nd half, Tyrod has a hard time adjusting. He needs chemistry with the rest of the team. I'm glad he was able to find Woods yesterday but still...

gebobs
12-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Three point games make a lot of "little" things important. A muffed punt, a missed tackle, a whiffed block, an untimely penalty, a low percentage pass on third and short. All of those things cost us points, stopped a drive for us, or kept their drives alive. This game resembled so many other this year in that it was a team effort at fail. Very few positives to be had.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 08:43 AM
If the OL stepped up yesterday we would have won.

I doubt we lose by 3 points yesterday if EJ was the qb and the OL played like it did. Maybe EJ gives them 3-4 pick 6?

The difference is you're speaking on terms of an entire game, yeah if the OL played better all game then maybe the Bills win. If the Bills D stepped up on one play in the Jags game, they would have won.

And honestly what's the difference between going 1-2-3 punt and watching the opposition drive 60 yards for a TD right after which we're good at it with the Tyrod led offense than throwing a pick 6? The end result ends up the same, it just happens faster.

People are enamored with Tyrod protecting the football but he can't sustain drives really at all. As I said in my previous post in this thread, he looks really good for a couple drives a game and those drives aren't really sustained either, he's able to hit Sammy deep to get into scoring position or it is a score. This offense isn't built to drive the length of the field, it's built to hope for the big play. If there's no big play, there's no scoring.

Victor7
12-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Read on another board that we are 0-5 on game tying/winning drives in the 4th with 2 minutes left.

Some stat huh ?

4 of those belong to TT.

I like the guy. But he absolutely sucks when the moment is big. In fact I think we have never even made it past midfield in those occasions.

gebobs
12-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Read on another board that we are 0-5 on game tying/winning drives in the 4th with 2 minutes left.
Truth. Five losses were all by one score.

starrymessenger
12-14-2015, 09:53 AM
Every Sunday we see top shelf QBs, and some potential franchise youngsters (Bortles, Carr, etc...) do things to win in the passing game that Tyrod does not or cannot do. And that includes someone like Russell Wilson, whose attempts are also normally limited in number.
Tyrod is nevertheless a good find. If he can improve, and I think he can with experience, it is reasonable to project him as a really good backup/ change of pace situational QB. That's an important asset for a team to have. Can he be more than that? I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it looks like we are going to find out.
i just wouldn't be writing any blank checks for the time being, that's for sure.

gebobs
12-14-2015, 10:05 AM
Got that right. He sure hasn't helped all that contract renegotiation nonsense the past several weeks.

jamze132
12-14-2015, 11:44 AM
Considering the QB circus we've endured since #12 retired, I'll ride with Tyrod Taylor until someone better comes along...which might be a while.

kingJofNYC
12-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Considering the QB circus we've endured since #12 retired, I'll ride with Tyrod Taylor until someone better comes along...which might be a while.

That's where I'm at. Mind you, I don't want the front office to be complacent but I'm good with Tyrod for the very near future. Lets see what he has.

Buffalogic
12-14-2015, 02:36 PM
We can't come from behind. That's on Tyrod. If we get behind in a game it's over.

Crisis
12-14-2015, 03:42 PM
You're right, Pryor was a better runner than Tyrod. I shouldn't shortchange him like that.

Exact same one read option QB.

Terrelle Pryor has never had a positive TD/INT ratio. The guy is a WR now.

Tyrod is nothing like Pryor except that they both can scramble.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Terrelle Pryor has never had a positive TD/INT ratio. The guy is a WR now.

Tyrod is nothing like Pryor except that they both can scramble.

Yes, because players around either guy don't matter right?

You do realize that Denarius Moore, yes that same one who caught some punts here, was the Raiders second leading receiver the year Pryor played in Oakland. That guy here was like the 6th WR but there was the second option in the passing game...oh and they had no running game to speak of.

Put Tyrod on that team and he doesn't have a positive td to int ratio either.

Albany,n.y.
12-16-2015, 03:39 PM

You do realize that Denarius Moore, yes that same one who caught some punts here, was the Raiders second leading receiver the year Pryor played in Oakland. That guy here was like the 6th WR but there was the second option in the passing game...oh and they had no running game to speak of.

Don't you get tired of saying "Tyrod sucks" in different ways every time you post? Many of us are sure getting tired of your one trick pony act where just the words are different but the meaning is the same. Like the Kenny Rodgers commercial at the card table-We get the gist.

Crisis
12-16-2015, 03:46 PM

That's all speculation. Tyrod will actually be a QB in this league, at least a backup, for the foreseeable future. Pryor had to switch positions to stay in the league. There is no comparison here at all.

Even Matt McGloin has as many TDs as INTs playing for those same crappy Raiders teams.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Don't you get tired of saying "Tyrod sucks" in different ways every time you post? Many of us are sure getting tired of your one trick pony act where just the words are different but the meaning is the same. Like the Kenny Rodgers commercial at the card table-We get the gist.

Hey if Tyrod can be a one trick pony at QB, I can be a one trick pony when it comes to posting about him.

Crisis
12-16-2015, 03:51 PM
I don't think Tyrod is anything more than an average starter but to put him in the same breath as guys who can't even stay in this league as QBs is completely absurd.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2015, 03:57 PM
I don't think Tyrod is anything more than an average starter but to put him in the same breath as guys who can't even stay in this league as QBs is completely absurd.

Until a few seasons from now and he's not a QB in this league anymore.

How long do you think this team or any other team will put up with a guy who ignores anything between the hashmarks?

I guess in a few words it will be okay to compare him to Terrelle Pryor, just not today. So here I'll compare him to a guy who got to play QB for a few seasons, he's a poor man's Kordell Stewart.

Albany,n.y.
12-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Hey if Tyrod can be a one trick pony at QB, I can be a one trick pony when it comes to posting about him.

I hate to say it, but that was one of the best replies I've seen in quite a while.

Woodman
12-16-2015, 07:19 PM
Tyrod is the G.O.A.T. ....................... just ask Karlos Williams.

For those that don't know what that means it's ........... Greatest Of All Time.

Tyrod has the complete support of his teammates, he is our next franchise QB.

gebobs
12-17-2015, 08:27 AM
That's all speculation. Tyrod will actually be a QB in this league, at least a backup
Because he plays for the Bills. That would be "at most" on any decent team.

trapezeus
12-17-2015, 10:08 AM
TT has shown the most ability since Bledsoe. that isn't saying a ton.
we have himnext year, and we can definitely do worse. he also seems like a good kid trying to get better. I would keep him and even sign him to a 4 year contract with minimal cap implication if it has to be broken.

in the last 16yr, we haven't developed a qb. now would be the time. take one high this year and give him the ability to sit for 1-2yr. and if he pushes TT, that's what you want.