PDA

View Full Version : Most undisciplined team in the league

X-Era
12-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Squarely on coaching. That is all.

Turf
12-13-2015, 02:19 PM
The only pro football team with no two minute drill. Before they punted, they ran 30 secs off the clock on the 3rd down. Just unreal.

psubills62
12-13-2015, 02:21 PM
This team has no one to blame but themselves. Rats learn faster than our defense. How hard is it to watch the freaking ball and not jump on a hard count? Do it once, sure, that happens. Do it four freaking times? Idiots.

These players fail to break tackles and fail to make the big catches. They need to win and they pull out a stinker. Jacksonville, KC, now Philly. All three were perfectly winnable.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2015, 03:51 PM
Starts and ends with Rex. #firerexnow

Joe Fo Sho
12-13-2015, 03:52 PM
The only pro football team with no two minute drill.

This is what I hate the most about this offense. There is never a sense of urgency.

mdcas22
12-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Rex is the problem and he out smarted 2 newly owners with his bull****. the smart thing would be to fire Rex hire Roman as the head coach with the exception he has to hire Schwartz as the d-cord asst head coach. but we all no its not gonna happen.

swiper
12-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Rex is the problem and he out smarted 2 newly owners with his bull****. the smart thing would be to fire Rex hire Roman as the head coach with the exception he has to hire Schwartz as the d-cord asst head coach. but we all no its not gonna happen.

No. Schwartz should be the head coach. Roman can stay if he wants. If not, see ya. The number one goal for this team is to get a QB.

How smart do the Redskins look for taking and holding on to Cousins now? Makes up for the owners infatuation with RGIII.

Cousins today: LINK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791580) and beat the Bears in Chicago.

Compare to Tyrod today: LINK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791524).

Mace
12-13-2015, 04:08 PM
Yay ! We're best at something !

Mace
12-13-2015, 04:11 PM
No. Schwartz should be the head coach. Roman can stay if he wants. If not, see ya. The number one goal for this team is to get a QB.

How smart do the Redskins look for taking and holding on to Cousins now? Makes up for the owners infatuation wit RGIII.

Hindsight always being 20/20...

Reich is supposedly known for his management skills. Who better to help a brand new manager HC than experienced OC Roman and DC Schwartz working their resumes.

sdbillsfan2
12-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Who suggested Rex to the Pegulas?

Mace
12-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Who suggested Rex to the Pegulas?

Hm. Has to be Whaley or Brandon, unless Pegula is one of those guys who trusts his uncanny judgment in people, which isn't really so much uncanny judgement as grabbing the obvious shiny. Grabbing the obvious shiny is probably real smart in limited field business strategy, natural gas is a pretty self contained talent pool, not so good in sports management.

Good question. I'd love to know.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Hm. Has to be Whaley or Brandon, unless Pegula is one of those guys who trusts his uncanny judgment in people, which isn't really so much uncanny judgement as grabbing the obvious shiny. Grabbing the obvious shiny is probably real smart in limited field business strategy, natural gas is a pretty self contained talent pool, not so good in sports management.

Good question. I'd love to know.

Probably Russie. He's all about the spin and marketing crappy product.

Mr. Cynical
12-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Yay ! We're best at something !

Not yet - we're #2 behind Tampa - but maybe after today's strong effort by Rex and Co. we can take the #1 spot.

YardRat
12-13-2015, 04:50 PM
This team has no one to blame but themselves. Rats learn faster than our defense. How hard is it to watch the freaking ball and not jump on a hard count? Do it once, sure, that happens. Do it four freaking times? Idiots.

These players fail to break tackles and fail to make the big catches. They need to win and they pull out a stinker. Jacksonville, KC, now Philly. All three were perfectly winnable.

A Rat would have been intelligent enough to not try to fix what wasn't broke or hire Ryan to begin with. Trust me on this one.

X-Era
12-13-2015, 05:51 PM
A Rat would have been intelligent enough to not try to fix what wasn't broke or hire Ryan to begin with. Trust me on this one.Pisses me off that the Jets with a rookie HC are squarely in the playoffs with a worse team.

The offensive and defensive talent has been mis-managed all year. Add in the constant penalties, taunting, unsportsmanlike conduct, encroachment, false starts... flat out unprofessional. And at a Non-NFL level.

Unacceptable. And If Pegula has a set of nuts he will demand that Roman and Thurman are gone or that the whole staff is gone.

I'm marginally OK with Rex staying with disciplinarians as the OC and DC. Give me back Pettine. And then get a OC who actually uses the weapons he has. I'll give Roman credit. He's been better in using the players in half the game lately... It's a start.

Ingtar33
12-13-2015, 06:13 PM

How smart do the Redskins look for taking and holding on to Cousins now? Makes up for the owners infatuation with RGIII.

Cousins today: LINK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791580) and beat the Bears in Chicago.

Compare to Tyrod today: LINK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791524).

cousins has 18 TDs, 11 INTs, and 8 lost fumbles; as well as a 52 QBR and a 92.4 Rating
taylor has 18TDs, 5 INTs, and 4 lost fumbles, as well as a 67 QBR and a 104 Rating

The grass is not always greener on the other side. Cousins is a turnover machine.

Mace
12-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Pisses me off that the Jets with a rookie HC are squarely in the playoffs with a worse team.

The offensive and defensive talent has been mis-managed all year. Add in the constant penalties, taunting, unsportsmanlike conduct, encroachment, false starts... flat out unprofessional. And at a Non-NFL level.

Unacceptable. And If Pegula has a set of nuts he will demand that Roman and Thurman are gone or that the whole staff is gone.

I'm marginally OK with Rex staying with disciplinarians as the OC and DC. Give me back Pettine. And then get a OC who actually uses the weapons he has. I'll give Roman credit. He's been better in using the players in half the game lately... It's a start.

Some day soon you'll have to accept we spent too much to gain the wrong talent in the wrong places that the coach then mismanaged because they didn't fit the schemes to begin with, loading up on passing weapons in a dink, dunk and run offense, without a capable o-line for it, with not durable people at positions requiring endurance, and defensive personnel poorly fitting the intended defense.

Ryan gets a huge chunk of blame but nowhere near all of it.

Cleve
12-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Bills were penalized 15 times for 101 yards - how is this acceptable? The team has definitely retrogressed under Rex Ryan - I was against Ryan's hire from the start; because the Jets were a gigantic joke with him at the helm.

And I agree with Mr. Cynical - I would bet Russ Brandon's "advice" was a big factor in Ryan standing on the sidelines this year. The ultimate blame is Pegula's, for leaving so much of Wilson's failed and incompetent management structure intact after he took over.

The Jokeman
12-13-2015, 08:32 PM
Bills were penalized 15 times for 101 yards - how is this acceptable? The team has definitely retrogressed under Rex Ryan - I was against Ryan's hire from the start; because the Jets were a gigantic joke with him at the helm.

And I agree with Mr. Cynical - I would bet Russ Brandon's "advice" was a big factor in Ryan standing on the sidelines this year. The ultimate blame is Pegula's, for leaving so much of Wilson's failed and incompetent management structure intact after he took over.

The Pegula's did the same thing with the Sabres when they first took over. Yet they showed that they're willing to clean house if needed. I think Rex has to right the ship next year or he could be out the door much like Lindy Ruff/Ron Rolston/Ted Nolan were jettisoned.

feldspar
12-13-2015, 11:25 PM
A Rat would have been intelligent enough to not try to fix what wasn't broke or hire Ryan to begin with. Trust me on this one.

LOL.

You must see the irony of this statement...it's so thick that you can cut the irony with a knife.

You telling us to trust you about what a rat would think.

Can't tell if that was intentional from here...funny anyways

Historian
12-14-2015, 03:43 AM
I can handle losing one in a valiant effort.

I despise the way this team is losing.

I'm looking for a flag after every play....especially the big gainers.

YardRat
12-14-2015, 04:58 AM
The Pegula's did the same thing with the Sabres when they first took over. Yet they showed that they're willing to clean house if needed. I think Rex has to right the ship next year or he could be out the door much like Lindy Ruff/Ron Rolston/Ted Nolan were jettisoned.

Cleaning house wouldn't be necessary if they didn't **** up what they were gifted from the start.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-14-2015, 06:33 AM
maybe it's billboard time..........:couch:

Victor7
12-14-2015, 09:22 AM
The only pro football team with no two minute drill. Before they punted, they ran 30 secs off the clock on the 3rd down. Just unreal.

Yup, no sense of urgency. Always snapping the ball with under 5 secs on the play clock. Pathetic.

Victor7
12-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Not yet - we're #2 behind Tampa - but maybe after today's strong effort by Rex and Co. we can take the #1 spot.

Not to worry bro. We are actually No. 1 in total penalties. Its just that we suck so bad that some teams don't even need to take the penalties and decline them. But rest assured no team has caused more yellow to litter the field. None.

gebobs
12-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Holding penalties suck, but some just have to be done like when Incognito whiffed and Cox was going to bury Taylor.

Some of the penalties are just mind boggling. Four neutral zone infractions in one game? Four false starts, two by our idiot fullback?

Or how about when Thigpen is in motion and moves toward the line before the snap. This isn't arena football, you moron. How many years do you have to play before you get this crap?

Victor7
12-14-2015, 09:35 AM
Holding penalties suck, but some just have to be done like when Incognito whiffed and Cox was going to bury Taylor.

Some of the penalties are just mind boggling. Four neutral zone infractions in one game? Four false starts, two by our idiot fullback?

Or how about when Thigpen is in motion and moves toward the line before the snap. This isn't arena football, you moron. How many years do you have to play before you get this crap?

This

The holdings were mostly done to protect Taylor. The OL was getting abused. I'm not excusing them but I sort of see why they had to hold. But the others ?? Just flat out stupid. This team is soooo amateur man. IIRC all 4 neutral zone infractions (or at least 3) turned 3rd and longs into 3rd and short which were ALL CONVERTED.

How can the god damned fullback jump offside ?? You can see the ball you moron. Same with Thigpen. Dude shouldn't even be on the field and he thinks he's in the CFL. We are so bush league. So poorly ran. This is all Rex.

MillsapsBillsFan
12-14-2015, 11:12 AM
Hindsight always being 20/20...

Reich is supposedly known for his management skills. Who better to help a brand new manager HC than experienced OC Roman and DC Schwartz working their resumes.

Im not sure if two experienced coaches would work for a first time HC like that. Also I think Schwartz will get a HC job somewhere else, but who knows.

MillsapsBillsFan
12-14-2015, 11:16 AM

I think they should clean house now (Not that its going to happen). This team has too much money tied up in too much talent to be failing like they are. And the preventable penalties are squarely on the coaching staff. Rex couldn't hack it in New York and to me hes already proven that he cant hack it in Buffalo

swiper
12-14-2015, 11:22 AM
cousins has 18 TDs, 11 INTs, and 8 lost fumbles; as well as a 52 QBR and a 92.4 Rating
taylor has 18TDs, 5 INTs, and 4 lost fumbles, as well as a 67 QBR and a 104 Rating

The grass is not always greener on the other side. Cousins is a turnover machine who's winning games.

Fixed.

jamze132
12-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Squarely on coaching. That is all.
I'm pretty sure I called that one 12 weeks ago...

Mr. Cynical
12-14-2015, 11:02 PM
Of all the things an HC is responsible for, team discipline is one thing he has control over. If players felt like their jobs were at stake, they would be FAR more focused, and wouldn't commit dumb penalties, especially dead ball flags (here's looking at you Jerry) But, Rex is standing by his "gonna let them be them" motto, and the results are painfully clear. Unless Terry tells him flat out no more of that BS and to get the players in line, or unless he fires him (less likely but higher probability of success) then another year is going to be lost. 100% guaranteed.

pmoon6
12-15-2015, 04:05 AM
Ha!! The Fanbase was clamoring for a "name" hire, a guy with a pedigree. "Two AFC title games" "Defensive genius and Son Of Buddy".

They would have had a cow if they promoted from within and named Schwartz. I can hear it now...."Same old Bills". "He got run out of Detroit....DETROIT!!!!!". Of course, NOW, they wanted Schwartz all along. I only remember Swiper being vehemently against the hire from the git go.

So Pegula decided to listen to the crybabies and make a big splash.

There is no pleasing some people and that's why a big part of this fanbase is and always has been bandwagon fans.

Like Steve Tasker said, "I've met about 1.2 million people that went to the Comeback Game". Probably almost all would say they never left.

I remember '89, lots of "Bills Fans" wanted Kelly run out of town on a rail because they are so smart. The truth is they are just like most other fans around the league, front runners.

X-Era
12-15-2015, 04:13 AM
Ha!! The Fanbase was clamoring for a "name" hire, a guy with a pedigree. "Two AFC title games" "Defensive genius and Son Of Buddy".

They would have had a cow if they promoted from within and named Schwartz. I can hear it now...."Same old Bills". "He got run out of Detroit....DETROIT!!!!!". Of course, NOW, they wanted Schwartz all along. I only remember Swiper being vehemently against the hire from the git go.

There is no pleasing some people and that's why a big part of this fanbase is and always has been bandwagon fans.

Like Steve Tasker said, "I've met about 1.2 million people that went to the Comeback Game". Probably almost all would say they never left.

I remember '89, lots of "Bills Fans" wanted Kelly run out of town on a rail because they are so smart. The truth is they are just like most other fans around the league, front runners.
And?

I didn't think Rex would do such a poor job coaching. I didn't expect him to let them play so undisciplined. You can't win games like this.

He needs to demand disciplined play. He needs to change his coordinators for guys who will actually use what he has.

I think he's too much of a blowhard pompous ass to fix anything.

So then is there any other option but to want him gone?

pmoon6
12-15-2015, 05:51 AM
And?

I didn't think Rex would do such a poor job coaching. I didn't expect him to let them play so undisciplined. You can't win games like this.

He needs to demand disciplined play. He needs to change his coordinators for guys who will actually use what he has.

I think he's too much of a blowhard pompous ass to fix anything.

So then is there any other option but to want him gone?Haha
Put up another billboard then and show America what Bills fans are made of...again

You are stuck with Rex for two more years so I suggest the Zone Store stock up on tissues and tampons..maybe some Androgel

gebobs
12-15-2015, 07:41 AM
stock up on tissues and tampons..maybe some Androgel

So played.

justasportsfan
12-15-2015, 08:16 AM
Remember this? I guess we know who was telling the truth.

Jerry Hughes was benched by Schwartz for acting like an idiot.

The war of words between New York Jets tight end Jace Amaro and his former coach, Rex Ryan, continues. When Ryan -- now with the Bills -- was head coach of the Jets last season, Amaro recently said, the team was not held accountable.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25154042/rex-ryan-again-calls-out-jets-te-amaro-hes-gonna-be-accountable

Victor7
12-15-2015, 09:30 AM

What did you think of the hire at the time moonie?

I know he's a big name but the man had success with defense and solid run game with average QB play. Basically what we had ready to roll. I know I never loved the hire but I didn't despise it either. We had a great defense and brought a defensive mind. On paper it was a good move. I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams imagined our defense turning to **** with basically the same roster + Darby.

And I didn't really read many wanting Schwartz to be head coach. Almost everyone wanted to keep him at DC but for the big job ? Not too many.

I don't know about the bandwagon fans part. If anything we are the opposite. 16 years and here we are like suckers still watching the disaster unfold. Seahawks and Pats have bandwagon fans. I swear I've met more of them in the past 3 years than ever before x 5000

pmoon6
12-15-2015, 05:30 PM
I never liked Ryan. I always thought he was a blowhard. I was willing to give him a chance because his players liked him.

He should have been fired after the KC game That loss was on him when a win would have put us in the thick of the playoff race.

Total incompetence.

The Jokeman
12-15-2015, 05:37 PM
Cleaning house wouldn't be necessary if they didn't **** up what they were gifted from the start.

They fell for the allure of a guy who wanted the job and showed he could coach defense and brought in an above average OC. Say what you want but we haven't been as healthy as we were last season when it comes to the defense, granted I like Shwartz's scheme more than Ryan's. I'm not ready to blow it up now as think if we can get a solid draft next year and minimize the loss of key UFAs (see Glenn and Incognito) the playoffs are still something we're close to and maybe make. Yet if we fail in 2016 then I start looking in 2017 for a new regime.

Mace
12-15-2015, 05:55 PM
I never liked Ryan. I always thought he was a blowhard. I was willing to give him a chance because his players liked him.

He should have been fired after the KC game That loss was on him when a win would have put us in the thick of the playoff race.

Total incompetence.

I'm willing to admit I look stupid for arguing it might work. I was thinking a motivational Rex adapting system to talent on hand for brutal blitzing D. I was thinking fast, efficient smallball offense with Roman's vaunted rushing attack setting up savage slants and slot work with downfield capability via Clay, Harvin, Watkins and Wood. I was thinking they'd move fast and focused, with a possible 1-2 punch. Either you're facing an attacking offense that can beat you up slow, or beat you up fast, or a defense that will be all over you, and either blitz you crazy or rough you up in the trenches. A focused, fired up team.

Didn't like the hire whatever, but could see how it might work and hoped it would.

Go figure.

gebobs
12-17-2015, 08:40 AM
One of my buddies is a Dolphins fan, the Dollies as he calls them. When I saw him after they hired Rex, we just laughed. He said it was a relief and he didn't have to worry about the Bills anymore. Of course, he was drinking his own Kool-Aid with Philbin.

At any rate, I was skeptical, but I pegged him as probably the best hire since Wade...admittedly not a high bar. I don't think anyone foresaw what a dumpster fire Rexy would make of this team, or the defense even. I think most figured the offense would struggle but the defense might go to the next level.

Victor7
12-17-2015, 01:32 PM
One of my buddies is a Dolphins fan, the Dollies as he calls them. When I saw him after they hired Rex, we just laughed. He said it was a relief and he didn't have to worry about the Bills anymore. Of course, he was drinking his own Kool-Aid with Philbin.

At any rate, I was skeptical, but I pegged him as probably the best hire since Wade...admittedly not a high bar. I don't think anyone foresaw what a dumpster fire Rexy would make of this team, or the defense even. I think most figured the offense would struggle but the defense might go to the next level.

One of the few good things of the past few years has been our dominance of the teal wearing queers from Florida no matter who is our coach. So your buddy should probably just keep quiet.

Just remind him of that and the fact that they gave a gazillion dollars to Ryan Tanehill. Now that is LOL worthy.

gebobs
12-17-2015, 02:56 PM
One of the few good things of the past few years has been our dominance of the teal wearing queers from Florida no matter who is our coach. So your buddy should probably just keep quiet.

Just remind him of that and the fact that they gave a gazillion dollars to Ryan Tanehill. Now that is LOL worthy.

He's still high on Tannehill, but he's generally miserable.

Mr. Cynical
12-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Remember this? I guess we know who was telling the truth.

Jerry Hughes was benched by Schwartz for acting like an idiot.

The war of words between New York Jets tight end Jace Amaro and his former coach, Rex Ryan, continues. When Ryan -- now with the Bills -- was head coach of the Jets last season, Amaro recently said, the team was not held accountable.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25154042/rex-ryan-again-calls-out-jets-te-amaro-hes-gonna-be-accountable

Yep. This is exactly what I was saying about the trend *continuing* from the Jets. Look at them now. Same players for the most part and? Top 5 D, and playing tight football. Rex comes here and? #20 D. #2 in penaitles and the team is an undisciplined mess.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm willing to admit I look stupid for arguing it might work. I was thinking a motivational Rex adapting system to talent on hand for brutal blitzing D. I was thinking fast, efficient smallball offense with Roman's vaunted rushing attack setting up savage slants and slot work with downfield capability via Clay, Harvin, Watkins and Wood. I was thinking they'd move fast and focused, with a possible 1-2 punch. Either you're facing an attacking offense that can beat you up slow, or beat you up fast, or a defense that will be all over you, and either blitz you crazy or rough you up in the trenches. A focused, fired up team.

Didn't like the hire whatever, but could see how it might work and hoped it would.

Go figure.

Same. Ugh.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-18-2015, 05:02 AM
Yep. This is exactly what I was saying about the trend *continuing* from the Jets. Look at them now. Same players for the most part and? Top 5 D, and playing tight football. Rex comes here and? #20 D. #2 in penaitles and the team is an undisciplined mess.

I'm not defending Rex, but the Jets D added a top 5 pick at DL and replaced their top 3 defensive backs, 2 of them with Pro Bowl players. Bowles has definitely done a great job coaching and scheming, but there's also a pretty huge benefit to scheming with Revis and Cromartie every week rather then Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls.

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm not defending Rex, but the Jets D added a top 5 pick at DL and replaced their top 3 defensive backs, 2 of them with Pro Bowl players. Bowles has definitely done a great job coaching and scheming, but there's also a pretty huge benefit to scheming with Revis and Cromartie every week rather then Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls.

While I hear you and that's maybe part of it, Rex inherited the "best" D line in football, with Gilmore and potential def ROTY in Darby, and still managed to drop them 15 spots from last year. I think it's really more on Rex and Thurman than the talent additions in ny, imo.