16 years of no playoffs has lead me to do this............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

16 years of no playoffs has lead me to do this............

And I've felt like this for a number years. Until the Bills go on a monster roll of winning like the '85 Bears or Seattle a couple of years ago and win big and win it all and that depends on who they face in the playoffs or dare I say it, a Superbowl appearance and if they can beat the opponent, there's no sense of putting to much energy into this team. I know there are thousands of Bills fans who are optimistic and that's not a bad thing, but when it gets to the point of delusion, they're kidding themselves. Who knows when this franchise will get their act together but right now this team is going through the motions and underachieving in the worst possible way. The Pegulas need to fire some of the front office and coaches responsible for this debacle and improve this team!

If you look at the other teams around the league, there are teams that play on a much higher level than the Bills. This has been an ongoing problem with the Bills that dates back to the Super Bowl run and that was with Hall of Fame players! I know that it was a great run, but ultimately those teams were beaten by superior coaching and players. I'm to the point that the Bills must to go on a historic roll to win it all and that may or not happen in my lifetime.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: 16 years of no playoffs has lead me to do this............

I, for one, have stopped watching about 5 years ago. I still watch Bills Dolphins games just because I live in South Florida. Why get all excited then bent (rinse and repeat) every offseason through December. I don't purchase jerseys... I stopped doing that after my Eric Moulds jersey when they came otu with those ugly "new" colors. So....

Why get all emotionally beat up. I chose not to. I am content at doing something else and follow scores on my ESPN app.

Less stress, lower blood pressure, more even temperament and probably a longer life. If something happens to peak my interest... I'll follow and cheer. Until then I will predict 7-9 in the same way Berman always predicted the Buffalo Bills being superbowl champs. (He doesn't still do that does he?)

Comment

• blackonyx89
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      I, for one, have stopped watching about 5 years ago. I still watch Bills Dolphins games just because I live in South Florida. Why get all excited then bent (rinse and repeat) every offseason through December. I don't purchase jerseys... I stopped doing that after my Eric Moulds jersey when they came otu with those ugly "new" colors. So....

Why get all emotionally beat up. I chose not to. I am content at doing something else and follow scores on my ESPN app.

Less stress, lower blood pressure, more even temperament and probably a longer life. If something happens to peak my interest... I'll follow and cheer. Until then I will predict 7-9 in the same way Berman always predicted the Buffalo Bills being superbowl champs. (He doesn't still do that does he?)
      Berman's still a die hard Bills fan and even he knows this team ( and he would never admit it publicly) that they don't play elite level football and that goes back to the 90's Bills. The sad thing that we Bills fans always have to explain to people why this team's not good enough and that in itself is depressing to do. I'm a casual fan now and I root for them because they exist as an NFL franchise.

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

wait so we're not good?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post

You stopped watching the Bills games 5 years ago, yet you signed up for this message board about 4 years ago? That to me is comical - you don't care enough to watch a (losing) team on Sundays yet you'll take time to read and post on a message board?

Comment

• GreedoII
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
            And I've felt like this for a number years. Until the Bills go on a monster roll of winning like the '85 Bears or Seattle a couple of years ago and win big and win it all and that depends on who they face in the playoffs or dare I say it, a Superbowl appearance and if they can beat the opponent, there's no sense of putting to much energy into this team. I know there are thousands of Bills fans who are optimistic and that's not a bad thing, but when it gets to the point of delusion, they're kidding themselves. Who knows when this franchise will get their act together but right now this team is going through the motions and underachieving in the worst possible way. The Pegulas need to fire some of the front office and coaches responsible for this debacle and improve this team!

If you look at the other teams around the league, there are teams that play on a much higher level than the Bills. This has been an ongoing problem with the Bills that dates back to the Super Bowl run and that was with Hall of Fame players! I know that it was a great run, but ultimately those teams were beaten by superior coaching and players. I'm to the point that the Bills must to go on a historic roll to win it all and that may or not happen in my lifetime.
            Still some loafers around in the Front office from past regimes..cough ..cough..Russ Brandon...COUGH

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Pinkerton Security View Post
              You stopped watching the Bills games 5 years ago, yet you signed up for this message board about 4 years ago? That to me is comical - you don't care enough to watch a (losing) team on Sundays yet you'll take time to read and post on a message board?
              First off, I stopped watching unless on TV... meaning Bills Dolphins. I signed up here from "the other place". I am a grateful member of AA so going to bars to watch games by myself is creepy and no fun.
              I follow the games, stats, and drives on my phone and I will NOT spend the coin again for crappy Directv. Had that for years. I do see the televised national games like this past Jets game. I saw the second half... Sorry I was at the SABRES game down here. I have spent far to much time and money on the Bills since the late 70s. 6-7 really entertaining years in there.

I don't need to get all crazy because my team lost. Pointless. I don't need to lose sleep over them... I new 7-9 was best that would happen. Life is too short.

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                wait so we're not good?
                We are very good at "meh".

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I thought your answer was going to be DRINK. That's how i get through every Bills' season.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• blackonyx89
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers View Post
                    I thought your answer was going to be DRINK. That's how i get through every Bills' season.
                    Fortunately I'm not a drinker, but this team could push me over the edge to do so............almost!

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                      • Sep 2009

Depressing, but probably for the best.

I'm an addict, I don't know how to stop watching this **** show.

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post

Beats raking leaves.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post

We're more like battered women than addicts. Addicts make excuses for their own behavior- enablers make excuses for other people's behavior. We keep coming back saying "it'll be different this time...." and it is, for a month or two. Then it's another push down the stairs and another trip to the emergency room.

There is supposed to be almost a quid pro quo to being a sports fan. Sports are cyclical and sometimes your favorite team is good, and sometimes they're bad. The promise of wins in the future keeps fans interested in the bad times. But what happens when the good part of that cycle never comes back around? Arizona used to be one of the jokes of the league, but they were in the Super Bowl a few years back and are having a great year this year. Cleveland, Oakland, Detroit and Washington under Snyder are abject failures, but even they've managed to back-door into the playoffs a few times (and Washington could sneak in this year because their div is garbage). Jax is terrible and has a fan base so bad they had to sell off two games a season to London, but even they've made the playoffs more recently than us. We are the NFL's running joke.

Back in the 90's, I forget what the setup is but Chris Rock had a joke that ended something like "he ain't comin' back til the Bills win the Super Bowl." He can bring it back but end with "til the Bills make the playoffs."
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sudzy
                            • Apr 2013

I haven't watched a Patriots game in years. What's the sense? I know the results.

Comment

• gebobs
                              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                              • Sep 2003

Just think, only 10 more seasons and we tie the record for longest drought!!! Cardinals had 25.

YOU GOTTA BILLIEVE!!!

It's been three decades since the NFL has seen such a long drought. New Orleans went 20 years from inception up to 1986.

WE WILL MAKE HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Last edited by gebobs; 12-14-2015, 02:58 PM.
                              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X