PDA

View Full Version : Russel Wilson 90QBR over past month

Mike
12-14-2015, 09:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14363989/russell-wilson-playing-best-qb-second-half-ot-season-nfl

Over past 4 weeks:
Just there for 5 TDs on Sunday
Has average QBR of 90
17 TDs 0int, nearly 300yrd/game, 70% completion rate all the while playing behind a bad OLine with little WR/TE help.

Mike
12-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Quickly becoming one of the best QBs in the NFL and I wouldn't be surprised if Seahawks get back to the SB for a 3rd straight year.

Joe Fo Sho
12-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Blake Bortles - 250 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Ints

His QBR was 3.8!

I hate the QBR stat. I think it's a joke.

sukie
12-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Wilson has no running game going forward.... Interesting

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 09:53 AM

Don't need one. Completely unnecessary in today's NFL.

Wilson threw for like 350 and 5 TDs vs the Steelers while the Hawks ran for 85 yards.
290 and 5 TDs vs the Ravens while the team ran for 120.
274 and 3 TDs vs the Vikes while they ran for 124.

I didn't account for Wilsons approximate 80 yards of rushing in those 3 games but Wilson, has pretty much been carrying that team on his back since Lynch went down the first time.

sukie
12-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Don't need one. Completely unnecessary in today's NFL.

Wilson threw for like 350 and 5 TDs vs the Steelers while the Hawks ran for 85 yards.
290 and 5 TDs vs the Ravens while the team ran for 120.
274 and 3 TDs vs the Vikes while they ran for 124.

I didn't account for Wilsons approximate 80 yards of rushing in those 3 games but Wilson, has pretty much been carrying that team on his back since Lynch went down the first time.

True... I heard on the radio this morning that this season is the first in like 40 years where there are only 2 RBs at 1000 yards rushing at this point in a season.

feldspar
12-14-2015, 10:13 AM

Thomas Rawls.

He hurt?

Speaking of Wilson, I think Tyrod may have that type of potential.

sukie
12-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Thomas Rawls.

He hurt?

Rawls is done.

Victor7
12-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Blake Bortles - 250 yards, 3 TDs, 0 Ints

His QBR was 3.8!

I hate the QBR stat. I think it's a joke.

Its such a flawed stat.

It makes you wonder how such a big company like ESPN funded and paid big money (because they probably did) to come up with such a stupid result.

Joe Fo Sho
12-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Its such a flawed stat.

It makes you wonder how such a big company like ESPN funded and paid big money (because they probably did) to come up with such a stupid result.

I know, right.

At least with the Passer Rating the formula is known. You can use it to make your own opinion because you know exactly where the numbers come from and how they relate.

But no, ESPN has to come up with their own proprietary formula using such things as the 'clutch index' to completely confuse everyone. There was nothing wrong with the passer rating stat. Nothing is going to be perfect.

MillsapsBillsFan
12-14-2015, 11:10 AM

I don't think so. Wilson is a game manager, but he can put the team on his back and win games win he has to. Tyrod doesn't seem to have any ability to carry the team by himself

swiper
12-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Stop with this mystical QBR stat already. It is meaningless. Some little man in a tiny room at ESPN picks who he wants to have what QBR. IT IS NOT A STAT.

Here's how stupid it is: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/19/charlie-batchs-186-yard-two-pick-game-has-espns-best-qbr-ever/

Yasgur's Farm
12-14-2015, 11:39 AM
I don't think so. Wilson is a game manager, but he can put the team on his back and win games win he has to. Tyrod doesn't seem to have any ability to carry the team by himselfTrue... How many drives in the last 2:00 (with a chance to tie or go ahead) have we lost with him under center? I think it's 4 of his 5 losses... I don't think any of our wins are the result of scores in the final 2:00.

I think he's done a fine job overall... But that's a pretty serious weakness.

feldspar
12-14-2015, 11:44 AM
I don't think so. Wilson is a game manager, but he can put the team on his back and win games win he has to. Tyrod doesn't seem to have any ability to carry the team by himself

When did Wilson gain the reputation that you speak of? Right away?

The Seahawks had the #1 defense the year they won the Super Bowl...also the #1 rushing attack. The Seahawks have had a top-five defense every year Wilson has played in the NFL. They've also had like the top-three rushing attack the whole time, if not the best.

All that is quite the cushion, no?

If you believe in stats, compare the two. I think they have a similar skill-set. We'd be in great shape right now if Tyrod had Wilson's benefits, I **** you not. Easy to blame the QB when you lose, but Taylor has played well this year in general.

I saw how Wilson put the team on his back at the end of the Super Bowl last year. You?

Victor7
12-14-2015, 12:49 PM
True... How many drives in the last 2:00 (with a chance to tie or go ahead) have we lost with him under center? I think it's 4 of his 5 losses... I don't think any of our wins are the result of scores in the final 2:00.

I think he's done a fine job overall... But that's a pretty serious weakness.

4 is correct.

NE (twice), Kansas and now Philly. If I recall correctly we never even sniffed mid field on any of them.

Add EJ's Jaxonville fiasco to that and its 0'5 with a chance to tie or win in the last 2 minutes.

Pathetic

kingJofNYC
12-14-2015, 02:32 PM
TJ Graham....LOL

Love what Wilson and Cam are doing.

Victor7
12-14-2015, 03:31 PM
TJ Graham....LOL

Love what Wilson and Cam are doing.

And please don't forget we moved up for him. Buddy Nix. Genius!

swiper
12-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Buddy Nix. He got us Dareus. He drafted Spiller. He drafted TJ Graham & Ed Wang.

You decide.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/190/files/2013/02/Ed-Wang.jpg

feldspar
12-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Rawls is done.

The Seahawks just re-signed Bryce Brown. I always thought that kid could play if he just can take better care of the ball.

They also have old man Freddie Jackson.

So that'll all be an interesting situation to monitor as Bills fans before our other man Beast Mode comes back maybe.

Guess they got some other guy I'm not entirely aware of who might be the starter.

Mike
12-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Thomas Rawls.

He hurt?

They are not even in the same zip code much less being in the same ball park.
As a rookie Wilson was phenomenal and excels at all of the most important aspects of the game (reading defenses, release & accuracy, leadership, pocket presence, etc)

TT is simply a one read QB with wheels

Mike
12-15-2015, 10:52 PM
When did Wilson gain the reputation that you speak of? Right away?

The Seahawks had the #1 defense the year they won the Super Bowl...also the #1 rushing attack. The Seahawks have had a top-five defense every year Wilson has played in the NFL. They've also had like the top-three rushing attack the whole time, if not the best.

All that is quite the cushion, no?

If you believe in stats, compare the two. I think they have a similar skill-set. We'd be in great shape right now if Tyrod had Wilson's benefits, I **** you not. Easy to blame the QB when you lose, but Taylor has played well this year in general.

I saw how Wilson put the team on his back at the end of the Super Bowl last year. You?

It was clear what Wilson Is from his 1st NFL game. He drove his team the length of the field against a tough Arizona defense and gave his WR two chances to catch the game winner (they dropped the ball in the end zone)

From that game on it was clear that Wilson was someone who could lead the Hawks to victory. Since then his play reminded me of a younge Brady - who people also called a game manager for many years.

Three years in he has more TDs, Wins, and SB appearances than any other QB in their first 3 years in the history of the NFL. Im sorry but that great Hawks defense didn't throw all those TDs or drive for all of those game winning TDs.

Frenchman
12-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Wilson is indeed on a huge roll.

feldspar
12-16-2015, 01:01 AM
It was clear what Wilson Is from his 1st NFL game. He drove his team the length of the field against a tough Arizona defense and gave his WR two chances to catch the game winner (they dropped the ball in the end zone)

From that game on it was clear that Wilson was someone who could lead the Hawks to victory. Since then his play reminded me of a younge Brady - who people also called a game manager for many years.

Three years in he has more TDs, Wins, and SB appearances than any other QB in their first 3 years in the history of the NFL. Im sorry but that great Hawks defense didn't throw all those TDs or drive for all of those game winning TDs.

Drive for all those game winning TDs? In his first year starting? He did that like once or twice...the Fail Mary doesn't really count.

But the Seahawks never lost a game by more than one score that whole year, including the playoffs. He DIDN't have game winning drives more than he did when when the opportunity was there...not by a longshot. Nobody was going to accuse him of shouldering that team right away...he was just a piece of the puzzle, albeit an important one.

The Seahawks had a great chance in every game they played, literally. The biggest reason is because the defense allowed the fewest points of any team in the NFL. They also ran the ball more times than anybody else, and they've always been in the top-two in the category of rushing attempts (including Russell's runs, of course). In fact, the Seahawks have allowed the fewest points in the NFL in all three of Russell Wilson's full seasons. This year they are third in points allowed, only 10-points back from the leader. Bills fans would be singing a different tune entirely if such things were the case for their team...probably saying different thins about Tyrod, some of them.

Listen, if you paid attention, I'm talking about POTENTIAL here. Russell Wilson developed into a better player, and I'm hoping Tyrod does the same. I see a lot of the same base qualities in the two, no matter who wants to convince me otherwise.

Mike
12-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Drive for all those game winning TDs? In his first year starting? He did that like once or twice...the Fail Mary doesn't really count.

But the Seahawks never lost a game by more than one score that whole year, including the playoffs. He DIDN't have game winning drives more than he did when when the opportunity was there...not by a longshot. Nobody was going to accuse him of shouldering that team right away...he was just a piece of the puzzle, albeit an important one.

The Seahawks had a great chance in every game they played, literally. The biggest reason is because the defense allowed the fewest points of any team in the NFL. They also ran the ball more times than anybody else, and they've always been in the top-two in the category of rushing attempts (including Russell's runs, of course). In fact, the Seahawks have allowed the fewest points in the NFL in all three of Russell Wilson's full seasons. This year they are third in points allowed, only 10-points back from the leader. Bills fans would be singing a different tune entirely if such things were the case for their team...probably saying different thins about Tyrod, some of them.

Listen, if you paid attention, I'm talking about POTENTIAL here. Russell Wilson developed into a better player, and I'm hoping Tyrod does the same. I see a lot of the same base qualities in the two, no matter who wants to convince me otherwise.

Thats the thing: your talking POTENTIAL vs reality.

Reality is that TT has been in the league longer than than Wilson
Reality is that TT still doesn't have the ability to read defenses, throw down the middle, have great pocket awareness, lead the team to victory in last drive.
Reality is that TT will most likely never develop those skills anywhere near Wilson's level.

Reality is that Wilson threw for 26TDs as a Rookie, an NFL record.
Reality is that by his 2nd year Wilson had more TDs than any other 2nd year player in NFL history.
Reality is that Wilsons had 16 TDs in past month and has carried his team. The defense and running game have been suspect all season long.

Now Let's Talk Potential
Wilson has the potential to be a HOF
TT has the potential be a top 15 starter in this league

At sone point you have to stop selling the present for the future.

kingJofNYC
12-16-2015, 09:54 AM
At some point you also have to realize that the Bills will never have Russell Wilson as their QB.