PDA

View Full Version : Eric Rodgers

ticatfan
12-14-2015, 10:46 AM
http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/12/13/calgary-stampeders-star-receiver-eric-rogers-garners-nfl-interest-after-breakout-season

Eric Rogers has the NFL’s attention.

Coming off a CFL all-star campaign in 2015, the Calgary Stampeders receiver already has 11 workouts scheduled with teams south of the border, according to a source.

The 24-year-old kicked off his auditions with the New England Patriots on Friday at Gillette Stadium, with a West Coast workout for the San Francisco 49ers up next on Monday.

Rogers, who posted 87 receptions for 1,448 yards and 10 touchdowns in his first full professional season, will become a CFL free agent Feb. 9, but he’s free to shop his services in the meantime.

This isn’t the Los Angeles-area product’s first taste of the NFL.

After going undrafted in the 2013 NFL Draft out of NCAA Division III’s California Lutheran University, where he hauled in 220 receptions for 3,461 yards and 41 touchdowns in four seasons, the 6-foot-3, 210-pounder went to training camp with the Dallas Cowboys in the summer of ’13.

feldspar
12-16-2015, 01:30 AM
You do realize that you're just about the only one here that gives a flying **** aboot the CFL, don't you?

Just asking...

ticatfan
12-16-2015, 06:56 AM
And you are the 73rd visitor to this post. And if you look at the last 5 over 400 people have look at it. But hey, it is a free world ,don't bother looking if you are just going to be a idiot about it.

feldspar
12-16-2015, 12:07 PM
And you are the 73rd visitor to this post. And if you look at the last 5 over 400 people have look at it. But hey, it is a free world ,don't bother looking if you are just going to be a idiot about it.

Yeah, yeah.

Whatever.

I clicked on it, too. Can you guess why? I'll give you a hint: it's not because I give a rat's ass about the CFL, as I'm not Canadian.

I'm not being an idiot about it, just shedding some light...albeit perhaps a little abrasively.

Albany,n.y.
12-17-2015, 05:37 AM
I clicked on it because I thought it was NFL related because it was contained in the NFL Zone, then I found out it was about the Perry Tuttle of the 21st century & didn't give a rat's ass.

I had no idea who Eric Rodgers is and I thought it was NFL related, but all it was, was about some guy who is doing well in the minor leagues.

You're the equivalent of some Arenaball fan posting about the star players there. Some do make it to the NFL too, but it's still not NFL football related.

ticatfan
12-17-2015, 07:15 AM
Just a player other NFL teams are looking at. Why the all hate boys, it is just football. Does your life suck that bad ,that you have need to act the way you do, to get thru the day. But hey if it makes you feel better or feel like a big man, then go for it.

Beerfish
12-17-2015, 10:57 AM
You do realize that you're just about the only one here that gives a flying **** aboot the CFL, don't you?

Just asking...

Cam Wake
Jerrell Freeman
Warren Moon
Jeff Garcia

Smart teams actually look at the CFL for late bloomers and prospects who have refined their game. Dumb ass teams ignore the league. Don't care about the league itself? No problem, there. Ignore any and all prospects from the league? Short sighted and not too bright.

Albany,n.y.
12-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Cam Wake
Jerrell Freeman
Warren Moon
Jeff Garcia

Smart teams actually look at the CFL for late bloomers and prospects who have refined their game. Dumb ass teams ignore the league. Don't care about the league itself? No problem, there. Ignore any and all prospects from the league? Short sighted and not too bright.

When I get a job as an scout I'll look at the CFL. Until then (which means forever), the CFL is meaningless to me & I'm not doing the Bills any damage by not watching it. I'll let the Bills scouts do their jobs & when they find the next Doug Flutie I'll root for him when he gets here.
I'm surprised you didn't mention the 2 best CFLers to wear a Bills uniform: Cookie Gilchrist & Doug Flutie.

feldspar
12-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Just a player other NFL teams are looking at. Why the all hate boys, it is just football. Does your life suck that bad ,that you have need to act the way you do, to get thru the day. But hey if it makes you feel better or feel like a big man, then go for it.

What hate? Just expressing disinterest.

And yeah, I DO have to act this way to get through my day; otherwise, I might get stuck listening to somebody drone on about Betty Crocker's easy-bake oven for a while or something like that. My life would suck more if I didn't object, or at least drop a hint somehow.

There is the NFL, and then there is college ball. Hell, after that there is Arena Football if you want to go there. Americans don't care about the CFL really...not the fans. If you don't believe me, create a poll where only Americans can vote. Is it rude of me to point that out, or are your feelings just that easily hurt?

Say whatever you want. Nobody is stopping you. Nor are they stopping me.

ticatfan
12-18-2015, 09:23 AM
What hate? Just expressing disinterest.

And yeah, I DO have to act this way to get through my day; otherwise, I might get stuck listening to somebody drone on about Betty Crocker's easy-bake oven for a while or something like that. My life would suck more if I didn't object, or at least drop a hint somehow.

There is the NFL, and then there is college ball. Hell, after that there is Arena Football if you want to go there. Americans don't care about the CFL really...not the fans. If you don't believe me, create a poll where only Americans can vote. Is it rude of me to point that out, or are your feelings just that easily hurt?

Say whatever you want. Nobody is stopping you. Nor are they stopping me.You are the only one making the gig deal out of it. So take the hate and shove it.

feldspar
12-18-2015, 02:16 PM
You are the only one making the gig deal out of it. So take the hate and shove it.

Lol, don't get angry, Papa. It's bound to turn into an all-out brawl.

Let the further clicks commence, perpetrated by those who have no clue who Eric Rodgers is. They're all bound to be grateful to learn, no doubt.

Albany,n.y.
12-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Lol, don't get angry, Papa. It's bound to turn into an all-out brawl.

Let the further clicks commence, perpetrated by those who have no clue who Eric Rodgers is. They're all bound to be grateful to learn, no doubt.

Nobody knows who Eric Rodgers is because there is no Eric Rodgers. According to the article, he's Eric Rodgers.

He's so obscure even his biggest fan can't spell his name correctly.

I tried looking him up, but all I could find was Eric Rogers was the 123rd highest rated WR by Mel Kiper. There was no writeup.

Albany,n.y.
12-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Nobody knows who Eric Rodgers is because there is no Eric Rodgers. According to the article, he's Eric Rogers.

He's so obscure even his biggest fan can't spell his name correctly.

I tried looking him up, but all I could find was Eric Rogers was the 123rd highest rated WR by Mel Kiper. There was no writeup.
Fixed. Too late to edit. So obscure even when I tried to spell his name correctly I still got it wrong.

ticatfan
12-22-2015, 11:14 AM
I screwed up the spelling. But I wonder if the bills looked at the ticats best CB Delvin Breaux ,who was picked up by the saints this yr and has started every game ..

ticatfan
01-21-2016, 08:49 AM
http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/21/10806050/eric-rogers-contract-cfl-wide-receiver-signing-2-year-deal-with-49ers

Albany,n.y.
01-21-2016, 09:13 AM
It looks like there was a huge bidding war for his services. He got a Chris Hogan-like deal.

ticatfan
01-21-2016, 09:37 AM
Right up there with wake. And a lot more then Duron carter. He met with 16 teams 13 gave a offer. I cant see anywhere that the bills tried him out.

ticatfan
01-21-2016, 09:41 AM
The Ottawa Redblacks will need a new starter at right offensive tackle.

Colin Kelly, who manned that position in every contest during the 2015 Canadian Football League season, has signed a free-agent deal with the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League.

He posted the news on Twitter on Thursday evening, adding his thanks to Redblacks
general manager Marcel Desjardins and team staff.

ticatfan
01-22-2016, 09:05 AM
http://thevikingage.com/2016/01/22/minnesota-vikings-terrell-sinkfield-hopkins/
One of my favourites from last yr, signs with the Vikings. He spent 2 weeks in buffalo. Wish him well.

YardRat
01-23-2016, 04:01 PM
I clicked on it because I thought it was NFL related because it was contained in the NFL Zone, then I found out it was about the Perry Tuttle of the 21st century & didn't give a rat's ass.

I had no idea who Eric Rodgers is and I thought it was NFL related, but all it was, was about some guy who is doing well in the minor leagues.

You're the equivalent of some Arenaball fan posting about the star players there. Some do make it to the NFL too, but it's still not NFL football related.

The first sentence in the article (Eric Rogers has the NFL’s attention.) kinda indicates it is.

Mouldsie
01-25-2016, 09:17 PM
I hate when ticat makes me read stuff

Mouldsie
01-25-2016, 09:19 PM
I am curious to see how Brett Smith develops.

ticatfan
01-26-2016, 12:45 PM
I am curious to see how Brett Smith develops.He looked decent , but played on a bad team. (3-15) Now with QB Durant resigning at a big pay cut he could be on a short leash and smith should be the future of the team. The head coach of the Grey Cup champions eskimoes and the staff left right after the cup win and went to sask. And brett is a fan favourite. The league is looking good at QB.

ticatfan
08-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Torn ACL ,done for the season and it seemed he was doing well.

ticatfan
08-09-2016, 09:21 AM
I am curious to see how Brett Smith develops.Released.

stuckincincy
08-11-2016, 10:32 AM
CIN got several years of good performance from ex-CFL'er Rashad Jeanty:

http://www.nfl.com/player/rashadjeanty/2506602/profile

He played bigger than his stats show, too. Had a nose for the ball, did things that helped other defensive players perform. Broke his fibula on the opening play of a wild card game against the Jets and was cut the following season - didn't pass the physical.

I agree 100% with the comments by our poster, Beerfish:

ticatfan
08-23-2016, 02:55 PM
CIN got several years of good performance from ex-CFL'er Rashad Jeanty:

http://www.nfl.com/player/rashadjeanty/2506602/profile

He played bigger than his stats show, too. Had a nose for the ball, did things that helped other defensive players perform. Broke his fibula on the opening play of a wild card game against the Jets and was cut the following season - didn't pass the physical.

I agree 100% with the comments by our poster, Beerfish:

Smart teams actually look at the CFL for late bloomers and prospects who have refined their game. Dumb ass teams ignore the league. Don't care about the league itself? No problem, there. Ignore any and all prospects from the league? Short sighted and not too bright. Remember milt stegal.

stuckincincy
08-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Remember milt stegal.

Sorry - I don't. The Bengals in the 90's were abysmal. I'd only watch a couple games a year, just for the laughs.

By the way - how's Tasker's son doing?

ticatfan
08-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Sorry - I don't. The Bengals in the 90's were abysmal. I'd only watch a couple games a year, just for the laughs.

By the way - how's Tasker's son doing?Tasker is doing great. Milt was a great WR for a as you say for dismal team for 3 yrs, and ended up here in Winnipeg and had a great career. Now on TSN doing CFL games.
http://ticats.ca/video/2015-highlights-luke-tasker