PDA

View Full Version : Coach Sal said this morning on WGR

Ginger Vitis
12-14-2015, 12:45 PM
He heard a few weeks ago that Doug Whaley is "here to stay".. Have the Pegulas changed their minds in the last week or 2? Not likely.. And Russ Brandon loves Doug so Whaley has him in his corner

Typ0
12-14-2015, 12:52 PM
That is the thing that pisses me off the most! Because he is a fixture being dictated by the culture....the losing culture that has plagued this team for almost 2 decades--I have no doubt the culture can perpetuate itself the question is can you change it Mr. Pegula?????

Night Train
12-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Results speak louder than gossip. When ticket invoices fail to be returned, Pegula may have a change in heart.

This organization is in need of a consultant in bad way. Not surprised at all Pegula the fan sat in his hands, much like he did with Darcy. When they sell 60,000 seasons, why change ? I'm not ruling out anything, no matter what " Sal " thinks.

I doubt they'll see my ticket $$ again, since the Sabres mini-pack is a more enjoyable investment for me and the games are on TV anyway.

Victor7
12-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Hopefully he misheard and Whaley is shown the door. The backdoor that is. Take EJ with you and never return.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 02:28 PM
We get rid of Whaley..........who do guys want? Dont take the easy way out and say "A football guy"......names please? We could fire Whaley and end up with the next Ray Farmer or John Idzik. It's only Whaleys 2nd full season as GM of the Bills , you guys gave Levy more then 2 years to screw up the team and his first free agency and draft proved he had no clue what he was doing.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 02:40 PM
We get rid of Whaley..........who do guys want? Dont take the easy way out and say "A football guy"......names please? We could fire Whaley and end up with the next Ray Farmer or John Idzik. It's only Whaleys 2nd full season as GM of the Bills , you guys gave Levy more then 2 years to screw up the team and his first free agency and draft proved he had no clue what he was doing.

DeCosta or Wolf

There I named 2 choices. I can name more guys who will or might be available if you'd like.

trapezeus
12-14-2015, 03:16 PM
good GM's don't hit 100%. I think whaley has done enough to stick around in this world of minimal change. I think rex showed that he doesn't get it. it is the same circus. a good coach would have said, "this isn't my system, but I see that I have guys who can work." instead he stuck with his way.

Turf
12-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Stop buying tickets people. Its the only way to get there attention.

swiper
12-14-2015, 04:23 PM

Ron Wolf

X-Era
12-14-2015, 05:17 PM
He heard a few weeks ago that Doug Whaley is "here to stay".. Have the Pegulas changed their minds in the last week or 2? Not likely.. And Russ Brandon loves Doug so Whaley has him in his cornerNo surprise and a good move. Get rid of that clown Rex. Hopefully a new coach prospect will see the playoff caliber squad that Rex squandered an be enticed by what he could do wth them.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 05:32 PM
DeCosta or Wolf

There I named 2 choices. I can name more guys who will or might be available if you'd like.Ron Wolf is 77 years old........how about Gil Brandt? DeCosta?!?! Ozzie is the brains not DeCosta. You didn't name one person currently better then Whaley. You named a guy that hasn't been an NFL GM since 2001 and another guy that was put together by Ozzie Newsome and is currently sucking ass I might add.

- - - Updated - - -

Ron Wolf77 year old Ron Wolf *sigh*

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Ron Wolf is 77 years old........how about Gil Brandt?

Wrong Wolf. Eliot Wolf from Green Bay. Ron's son.

Aggie
12-14-2015, 05:37 PM
Ruff was here to stay at one point under Pegula, and Regier was here to stay at one point under Pegula. Ted Black too for that matter. Whoever coach Sal is, I would completely ignore it.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 05:40 PM
Wrong Wolf. Eliot Wolf from Green Bay. Ron's son.Why? That team has Aaron Rodgers. What makes him so much better then Whaley?

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 05:44 PM
I remember people thinking Pioli was such a great GM when he had Brady and Belichick to make him look good.........he crashed and burned in KC.

I don't trust Personnel guys that inherited teams with a stud QB. Take Rodgers off the Packers and their a below .500 team........take Flacco off the Ravens and their a 3-5 win team. Not as talented a roster when you really think about it. This team is no different then those teams........besides the fact that we're actually more talented.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 05:46 PM
Sometimes the grass ain't always greener. I think firing Whaley would be a huge mistake

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 05:49 PM
Why? That team has Aaron Rodgers. What makes him so much better then Whaley?

He's 33 years old and has been around NFL buildings since the age of 10. Basically he's been around football his entire life. He's currently the director of player personnel in Green Bay and will be on a few teams short lists of potential GM hires. It would surprise me if he left, as he's been basically groomed to one day take over the GM duties in Green Bay, but money is a big motivating factor for anyone.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 06:08 PM
He's 33 years old and has been around NFL buildings since the age of 10. Basically he's been around football his entire life. He's currently the director of player personnel in Green Bay and will be on a few teams short lists of potential GM hires. It would surprise me if he left, as he's been basically groomed to one day take over the GM duties in Green Bay, but money is a big motivating factor for anyone.So was Chris Polian

Mace
12-14-2015, 06:15 PM
I'd go for DeCosta purely because he's spent so much time with Newsome, amiably. Birds of a feather.

Pioli, or any Pats anything, is always irrelevant because Belichick does the thinking.

Whaley, despite his extensive scouting background, just doesn't know durable value players and has to overspend on shiny, thinking he's applying some savvy razzle dazzle. He's then too committed to who he drafted on the fringes, unable to actually see if they're any good or not because he drafted them, unable to cut his losses, and incapable of suiting talent to the team he has. Just grabs shinies he thinks are obvious.

I can almost hear Whaley telling Pegula "look I gave them tools. I even gave Rex, Harvin, Incognito, Taylor, Felton, brought in his boys Mulligan and Hunter..., grabbed John Miller..."

Well, there's Kouandjio, Richardson, Manuel, McCoy, Watkins, Henderson, Clay, Gragg...and we went from 9-7 to what ?

I'm still not sure what Whaley's selling point is besides overspending for shinies, and I still say that's the last you see of him as a GM when he gets booted.

HAMMER
12-14-2015, 06:33 PM
Whaley isn't getting fired. He has done an excellent job so far.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 07:11 PM
I'd go for DeCosta purely because he's spent so much time with Newsome, amiably. Birds of a feather.

Pioli, or any Pats anything, is always irrelevant because Belichick does the thinking.

Whaley, despite his extensive scouting background, just doesn't know durable value players and has to overspend on shiny, thinking he's applying some savvy razzle dazzle. He's then too committed to who he drafted on the fringes, unable to actually see if they're any good or not because he drafted them, unable to cut his losses, and incapable of suiting talent to the team he has. Just grabs shinies he thinks are obvious.

I can almost hear Whaley telling Pegula "look I gave them tools. I even gave Rex, Harvin, Incognito, Taylor, Felton, brought in his boys Mulligan and Hunter..., grabbed John Miller..."

Well, there's Kouandjio, Richardson, Manuel, McCoy, Watkins, Henderson, Clay, Gragg...and we went from 9-7 to what ?

I'm still not sure what Whaley's selling point is besides overspending for shinies, and I still say that's the last you see of him as a GM when he gets booted.Other then EJ who did he commit too that he shouldn't have?

Whaley worked under Colbert so birds of a feather right?

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 07:17 PM
It's crazy because the people that are *****ing about Whaley, want to replace him with guys with the same exact credentials and background as Whaley! Huh?!?!

mdcas22
12-14-2015, 07:25 PM
we draft arguably 3 starters this year without a 1st and you want to get rid of the guy? you got to give whaley at least 5 years as a GM, his draft picks have been fine ,EJ wasn''t Whaley but Nix's last stick it up our scrotum.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 07:33 PM
we draft arguably 3 starters this year without a 1st and you want to get rid of the guy? you got to give whaley at least 5 years as a GM, his draft picks have been fine ,EJ wasn''t Whaley but Nix's last stick it up our scrotum.

What 3 starters?

They got Darby who has actually been solid this year after looking like complete garbage in preseason, surprised me.
John Miller who apparently is made of glass. And a backup RB who is also made of glass who realistically should just retire for health concerns.

And this is still a 6-7 football team even with all these great picks that Whaley has made since he was GM who had to have at least a little input on the coaching hire who has completely misused and negated the 200m investment Whaley put into the defensive line.

But yeah, keep him around, we need to draft another starter at DB.

Mace
12-14-2015, 07:37 PM
Other then EJ who did he commit too that he shouldn't have?

Whaley worked under Colbert so birds of a feather right?

Gragg, Richardson, Kouandjio, Henderson, Harvin, Felton ?, Randell Johnson (he's still here right ?), Goodwin (great special teams pick for a 3rd round ?), Duke Williams, Nick O'Leary ? Bryce Brown, remember him ? Cassel, yes, no, no....

Stellar contributors. Evidently not birds of a feather with much of anyone but Nix and look how far we've come !

Nah. Same thing I said earlier. That's a bunch of journeymen at best on other teams, but built us into something special.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 07:39 PM
What 3 starters?

They got Darby who has actually been solid this year after looking like complete garbage in preseason, surprised me.
John Miller who apparently is made of glass. And a backup RB who is also made of glass who realistically should just retire for health concerns.

And this is still a 6-7 football team even with all these great picks that Whaley has made since he was GM who had to have at least a little input on the coaching hire who has completely misused and negated the 200m investment Whaley put into the defensive line.

But yeah, keep him around, we need to draft another starter at DB.Have you seen the roster over at Baltimore? You want to replace Whaley with the guy who helped build that crap?

Mace
12-14-2015, 07:40 PM
What 3 starters?

Darby...Ryan knows DB's. Bunch of hurt and overpriced guys who don't complement anything. Guy is a wiz. Would be great if we have the same record we had last year without getting anywhere. Woo.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Gragg, Richardson, Kouandjio, Henderson, Harvin, Felton ?, Randell Johnson (he's still here right ?), Goodwin (great special teams pick for a 3rd round ?), Duke Williams, Nick O'Leary ? Bryce Brown, remember him ? Cassel, yes, no, no....

Stellar contributors. Evidently not birds of a feather with much of anyone but Nix and look how far we've come !

Nah. Same thing I said earlier. That's a bunch of journeymen at best on other teams, but built us into something special.
Kamar Aiken is currently the best receiver on the Ravens offense ........same Kamar Aiken who couldn't make this roster. I just think you guys want change just for the sake of change.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 07:43 PM
Have you seen the roster over at Baltimore? You want to replace Whaley with the guy who helped build that crap?

Hmmm, Flacco, Forsett, Suggs, Dumerville, Crockett Gilmore who has been just as productive as Charles Clay at like a tenth of the salary, a team that's been to the playoffs 6 of the past 7 seasons?

Tough call. I'm not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Kamar Aiken is currently the best receiver on the Ravens offense ........same Kamar Aiken who couldn't make this roster. I just think you guys want change just for the sake of change.

Yeah just not mention the fact that Steve Smith has been hurt, right?

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Hmmm, Flacco, Forsett, Suggs, Dumerville, Crockett Gilmore who has been just as productive as Charles Clay at like a tenth of the salary, a team that's been to the playoffs 6 of the past 7 seasons?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah just not mention the fact that Steve Smith has been hurt, right?Other then 36 year old Smith what did they do to provide depth? Of course that excuse doesn't work for Whaley when guys get hurt. That Ravens roster is hot freaking garbage and it shows. Still haven't replaced Ray Lewis and Ed Reed........relying to much on Suggs and Steve Smith. Ravens roster is not even close to the Bills roster.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-14-2015, 07:48 PM

Gragg, Henderson, and Randell Johnson are 7th round picks. If you are hammering on a GM for missing on 7th rounders you really need to adjust your expectations. FWIW, here's the last 3 years worth of 7th rounders (http://tinyurl.com/pwc7b68) so feel free to tell us who we should have from that group. The only missing name from those three that bothers me is La'el Collins.

As for the rest of it, I think throwing up names like Bryce Brown actually shows how Whaley doesn't hold onto mistakes. Consider that he traded a potential 3rd round pick for Brown, drafted and traded for two new backs, and then cut him in one year.

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 07:50 PM
Other then 36 year old Smith what did they do to provide depth? Of course that excuse doesn't work for Whaley when guys get hurt. That Ravens roster is hot freaking garbage and it shows. Still haven't replaced Ray Lewis and Ed Reed........relying to much on Suggs and Steve Smith. Ravens roster is not even close to the Bills roster.

Yet that roster got them into the divisional round of the playoffs last year, in pretty much just as difficult of a division as the AFC East.

Meanwhile, the Bills are perpetually on the outside looking in while hoping 17 other things happen so they can crawl into the 6th seed every November.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 07:51 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah just not mention the fact that Steve Smith has been hurt, right?Flacco! Take Flacco away and you get the Buffalo Bills

- - - Updated - - -

Yet that roster got them into the divisional round of the playoffs last year, in pretty much just as difficult of a division as the AFC East.

Meanwhile, the Bills are perpetually on the outside looking in while hoping 17 other things happen so they can crawl into the 6th seed every November.Flacco dude.........it's not that complicated bro

Mr. Pink
12-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Flacco! Take Flacco away and you get the Buffalo Bills

- - - Updated - - -

Flacco dude.........it's not that complicated bro

Yeah while they have Flacco, we're gonna rest out laurels on Tyrod Taylor for at least another season. Just hope he doesn't put up another season that looks like this or else he's gonna get extended for big money and we'll be stuck with a guy who'll never lead this team, nor any other for that matter, anywhere.

mdcas22
12-14-2015, 08:10 PM
What 3 starters?

cant help the injurys but the fact is all 3 are starting material on just about every team in the NFL. thats a good draft.. Whaley isn't going anywhere.

streetkings01
12-14-2015, 08:15 PM
Yeah while they have Flacco, we're gonna rest out laurels on Tyrod Taylor for at least another season. Just hope he doesn't put up another season that looks like this or else he's gonna get extended for big money and we'll be stuck with a guy who'll never lead this team, nor any other for that matter, anywhere.You see a better option out there? When you have guys like Tannenhill and Dalton getting $100 mill contracts you know how desperate teams are to get anything that resembles a franchise QB

mdcas22
12-14-2015, 08:18 PM

richardson was a 5th and henderson a 7th Kuoanjo was a miss oleary a 7th and all still here, whats wrong with you? its not like these guys are #1's to begin with.

oh yeah Goodwin was all Nix not Doug.

mdcas22
12-14-2015, 08:22 PM
Yeah while they have Flacco, we're gonna rest out laurels on Tyrod Taylor for at least another season. Just hope he doesn't put up another season that looks like this or else he's gonna get extended for big money and we'll be stuck with a guy who'll never lead this team, nor any other for that matter, anywhere.

I'm not onboard with TT either but he is better than what we are use too, maybe you could even say he is good enough until we can develop a franchise guy, he is signed through next year so we will see, I don't think the Bills brass are sold on TT just yet.

trapezeus
12-15-2015, 10:42 AM
I remember people thinking Pioli was such a great GM when he had Brady and Belichick to make him look good.........he crashed and burned in KC.

I don't trust Personnel guys that inherited teams with a stud QB. Take Rodgers off the Packers and their a below .500 team........take Flacco off the Ravens and their a 3-5 win team. Not as talented a roster when you really think about it. This team is no different then those teams........besides the fact that we're actually more talented.

GM's are in charge of finding that QB and a coach who work together.

Victor7
12-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Why? That team has Aaron Rodgers. What makes him so much better then Whaley?

They also have mostly guys they drafted. I remember reading somewhere that like 90% of their roster is guys they drafted. They don't do much in free agency because they hit on their picks and keep them. Sure Rogers is the biggest star but the way they conduct business over there is solid.

WagonCircler
12-15-2015, 04:44 PM
GM's are in charge of finding that QB and a coach who work together.

Not only that, but GMs are in charge of finding a coach whose system isn't ill-fitted to an existing top 5 Defense, and who's unwilling/unable to adapt.

Mace
12-15-2015, 06:18 PM
richardson was a 5th and henderson a 7th Kuoanjo was a miss oleary a 7th and all still here, whats wrong with you? its not like these guys are #1's to begin with.

oh yeah Goodwin was all Nix not Doug.

Nothing wrong with me, people keep griping at me for mentioning the late round picks, well because they're late round picks.

Yes, that makes them largely hit or miss, so how smart is it to hang onto them like gold or expect them to help your problems when you start having them at their positions ?

Flip the question. What's wrong with you for thinking it makes sense to hang onto these guys for dear life to staff critical positions and fill important roster spots with so many injuries going on ?

Do you wait to the 5th or 7th for your keeper OL's and TE's when you need some ? Savvy drafting. Well they're not supposed to be good, and so what if they aren't though we need them to be or we have to draft more.So hang onto them, but they aren't supposed to be good and so what if they aren't, hang onto them anyway.

What's that ? There's no one else ?

Ok, that can't be Whaley's fault he's counting on those guys because it's not important if they're any good.

Think this through again.

yordad
12-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Cracks me up people talk about our talented roster and firing Whaley all at the same time. Lol. You know his job is to put talent on the roster right?

PromoTheRobot
12-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Just like fans who want to cut the best QB since Bledsoe, we want the best GM in a decade gone too. Typical Bills fan loser mentality.

Mr. Pink
12-15-2015, 09:47 PM
Just like fans who want to cut the best QB since Bledsoe, we want the best GM in a decade gone too. Typical Bills fan loser mentality.

6-7. One read QB who's afraid of the middle of the field.

A loser mentality wants to keep the status quo since that's what this group is, losers.

Mike
12-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Have you seen the roster over at Baltimore? You want to replace Whaley with the guy who helped build that crap?

You realize they have won 2 SBs with Ozzie and as SB teams go, many of their best players hit FA and leave while others retire. You can't just look at one game or one season... Look at the body of work.

Topas
12-16-2015, 03:04 AM

A loser mentality wants to keep the status quo since that's what this group is, losers.

to your first sentence: well, the QB does not even have a full season under his belt. And the O is ranked 7th in DVOA because we played pretty good Ds. Actually I think it is ranked to high, but we are not that bad. Especially considering how bad we were last year. I think the O is doing well and will only improve with Tyrod getting more experience.
I am not saying that we are set at QB. We need to continue to look. But I think Tyrod gets to much bad rep and people do not see that the O is way better than expected. At least than I expected.

to your second sentence: I don't know what means to keep the status quo. Definitely there needs to be changes. Foremost the head coach. But it does not make sense to cut all players because we did not make the playoffs. we need to keep the adequate to good ones. And Tyrod falls definitely in that category.
I was in London, and I would have loved to see Tyrod playing there.

pmoon6
12-16-2015, 04:01 AM

A loser mentality wants to keep the status quo since that's what this group is, losers.Root for San Francisco and your boy.

Oh wait, they benched him.

Here's the funny thing. You lauded the "new" movement at QB to guys that can make plays with their legs as well as their arm. We have one and now you're saying he isn't any good? His stats belie that statement, so make up your mind.

Of course, it is the Bills and we know you will pick apart anything positive that occurs on the team.

Maybe the only "loser" is you.

Mr. Pink
12-16-2015, 06:27 AM
Root for San Francisco and your boy.

Oh wait, they benched him.

Here's the funny thing. You lauded the "new" movement at QB to guys that can make plays with their legs as well as their arm. We have one and now you're saying he isn't any good? His stats belie that statement, so make up your mind.

Of course, it is the Bills and we know you will pick apart anything positive that occurs on the team.

Maybe the only "loser" is you.

This teams offense has two positives. LeSean McCoy and Richie Incognito.

Colin was never afraid of throwing over the middle of the field either. Russell Wilson was never afraid of throwing over the middle. Johnny Manziel isn't afraid of throwing over the middle. Hell, Terrelle Pryor wasn't even afraid of throwing over the middle.

Seriously what's positive about the QB of this team? He can throw the ball deep to Watkins down the sideline a couple times a game? JP Losman could do that, and he wasn't afraid of the middle of the field either. People point out that Charles Clay has been disappointing, well it's not hard to figure out why. When you have a QB that pretty much flat out refuses to throw the ball in the middle of the field, your tight end is completely negated.

But yeah, the only loser is me. How about you look in a mirror since you think the league is fixed and fake anyway, yet still watch and toss your opinion around about it. Do you get upset that John Cena isn't the WWE champion too?

pmoon6
12-16-2015, 06:48 AM
This teams offense has two positives. LeSean McCoy and Richie Incognito.

Colin was never afraid of throwing over the middle of the field either. Russell Wilson was never afraid of throwing over the middle. Johnny Manziel isn't afraid of throwing over the middle. Hell, Terrelle Pryor wasn't even afraid of throwing over the middle.

Seriously what's positive about the QB of this team? He can throw the ball deep to Watkins down the sideline a couple times a game? JP Losman could do that, and he wasn't afraid of the middle of the field either. People point out that Charles Clay has been disappointing, well it's not hard to figure out why. When you have a QB that pretty much flat out refuses to throw the ball in the middle of the field, your tight end is completely negated.

But yeah, the only loser is me. How about you look in a mirror since you think the league is fixed and fake anyway, yet still watch and toss your opinion around about it. Do you get upset that John Cena isn't the WWE champion too?HaHaHa. What a tool. I'm surprised you haven't left the site since you seem to be reviled. Out of 20,000 posts, you have made 1800 that people think are worthwhile.

Considering Taylor has started, what, 10 games, you BS "analysis" is premature at best.

At worst, it's just another in a long line of never ending negative crap from a moron that couldn't find his ass with instructions, a mirror and a map.