• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Bills should be the early favorites for HBOs "Hard Knocks"

After this years debacle and knowing we're stuck with Rex and Co., Brandon will have to do something different to sell tickets. Hello HBO...
  • MillsapsBillsFan
    • Mar 2015

Re: Bills should be the early favorites for HBOs "Hard Knocks"

If they fire rex and hire a new coach they wont be eligible to, oh if only.

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Really? What about the possibility of leaking the soon to be installed multi option read passing offense?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        Really? What about the possibility of leaking the soon to be installed multi option read passing offense?
        Fortunately for us, all the other teams already know that style of offense.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
          After this years debacle and knowing we're stuck with Rex and Co., Brandon will have to do something different to sell tickets. Hello HBO...
          I think they were offered it this season and turned it down....

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
            I think they were offered it this season and turned it down....
            The problem with next year is that we may not be allowed to turn it down, it can be forced on us. The reason we were able to turn it down last year is that we had a new coach. That's (probably) not going to be the case next year.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
              • Sep 2012

Assuming the current playoff seeds hold and the current coaches keep their position, I think the NFL could force it on the Bills, Browns, Jags, Raiders, Chargers, Eagles, Giants, Bears, Bucs, Rams, and 49ers.

There is no way they take the Bills with Philly, Chicago, New York, and San Francisco on the list. If I was an HBO exec I'd take a long look at Oakland and San Diego too.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• ICRockets
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2008

Never has cynicism sounded so plausible. You are 100% right.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Yeah....ummm, Hell No. The only real media coverage we've had since Homerun ThrowForward has been because we're a joke, and that's been ramped up over the last year because we actually hired a bigger joke. I'm damn tired of being 'relevant' in that light, I'd prefer to stay out of the media unless it's because we're winning.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                    Assuming the current playoff seeds hold and the current coaches keep their position, I think the NFL could force it on the Bills, Browns, Jags, Raiders, Chargers, Eagles, Giants, Bears, Bucs, Rams, and 49ers.

There is no way they take the Bills with Philly, Chicago, New York, and San Francisco on the list. If I was an HBO exec I'd take a long look at Oakland and San Diego too.
                    The Giants seem like an ideal team except Coughlin could be gone and they'll have a new HC (I'd guess it be their OC Ben McAdoo). I think Oakland's an interesting choice as would the Jags (except they have no true fanbase to draw in viewers). That said I wouldn't oppose seeing the Bills on the show for once.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

They'll be all over us because of Rex, who they hired because they want them some dazzle. Makes me queasy. Willing to bet they already have plans to hurry up repaint and remodel for the bright lights 30 seconds after the last game is over, ooooh we're gonna be on teevee !

Just dandy.

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Lets be honest... if the Jags were selected, no one, even folks in Jacksonville would watch it so that's not happening. No way Coughlin agrees. Bucs could get some interest since Winston will be entering his 2nd season. But if either SD or OAK move to LA, then that will probably be the best option for HBOs ratings.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Lets be honest... if the Jags were selected, no one, even folks in Jacksonville would watch it so that's not happening. No way Coughlin agrees. Bucs could get some interest since Winston will be entering his 2nd season. But if either SD or OAK move to LA, then that will probably be the best option for HBOs ratings.
                          If the Giants don't make the playoffs this year, they may not give Coughlin the option to decline it.

Hard Knocks can be forced on any teams who (1) do not have a new coach (2) have not been to the playoffs in the past 2 years or (3) have not been on the show over the last 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                          X