It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to.

Some chumps never change...

Shady being Shady: McCoy reportedly doesn't show at homecoming party
    By Jared Dubin Staff Writer CBS December 15, 2015 4:44 pm ET

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • sdbillsfan2
    • Apr 2005

Re: It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to.

No offense but .....why should I care?

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2 View Post
      You're missing your big chance to be further outraged. Do you realize this?

I hear tell that one of the two guys that arranged the party didn't show up either. What a complete bastard, eh? I'm beside myself.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I know Shady has probably been the best off-season acquisition this year except for maybe Incognito, but I still would prefer my original premise of FJax-Rookie-Boobie-Brown and trading Kiko for an olineman.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by sdbillsfan2 View Post
          See, it's this kind of **** that drives sports media and media in general.

Oh...My...God, look what so and so did or didn't do!!!

It's a diversion for people that lead mundane lives.

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            I know Shady has probably been the best off-season acquisition this year except for maybe Incognito, but I still would prefer my original premise of FJax-Rookie-Boobie-Brown and trading Kiko for an olineman.
            It's fun to make things up.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

The fact that he was involved in the planning of a party after the game is a concern if I was the HC.

To me it shows a lack of focus on what was the biggest game of the season. Basically he was thinking about what's happening after the game than the game itself.

It was clear all week that he was too involved with the fact that he was going back to Philly and was making a show of it.

Kissing the eagle was totally overt the top.
              Last edited by Mahdi; 12-16-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

I miss the days when we knew nothing about these guys and their personal lives. I could not care less about what they do off the field.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                  I miss the days when we knew nothing about these guys and their personal lives. I could not care less about what they do off the field.
                  It's all a matter of degree for me. I don't care about personal lives until they move into the realm of bad guy that I don't want to root for, then I care. Or would you bring back Simpson if he was young enough to play?

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Shady is a fantastic player. Did anyone hear Kiko's name once, other than when he overran that cutback TD?

He doesn't get arrested, he plays hard, and his teammates love him.

I don't see a reason to give two ****s about anything else.
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      It's all a matter of degree for me. I don't care about personal lives until they move into the realm of bad guy that I don't want to root for, then I care. Or would you bring back Simpson if he was young enough to play?
                      Well, in my perfect little scenario I would have never heard about OJ's legal trouble.

I just want to be entertained for 3 hours on Sunday and for a little bit throughout the week, I don't care about the players personal issues. They may as well be robots to me.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                        A decade or so ago, when we did not know much of what happened off the field I did not care about what these guys did off the field, what type of men they are or other aspects of their character. Now that we do get this type of information, it does matter to me. Fitz was the guy on the Bills that crystallized that realization for me with respect to the Bills. I never liked the idea of him as a starting QB an absolutely opposed the idea of that outlandish contract Buddy gave him, but he was the type of person who made me what to BILLieve. This is a carry-over from being a Yankee fan and appreciating Mariano Rivera as a person and player while equally hating A-Rod and finding it difficult to route for him.

None of this has a big impact on my day-to-day life, but being a fan of a professional sports team is a hobby of mine and I prefer it when the teams have high character players. Obviously, third hand reports are not always credible so you need to factor that in, and I have only met one current Bill player and am on a first name basis with only one former Bill, so I couldn't say whether McCoy is really the a-hole he comes across as in the media. Freddy, however, was an example of someone it was easy to cheer for on Sunday.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                          A decade or so ago, when we did not know much of what happened off the field I did not care about what these guys did off the field, what type of men they are or other aspects of their character. Now that we do get this type of information, it does matter to me. Fitz was the guy on the Bills that crystallized that realization for me with respect to the Bills. I never liked the idea of him as a starting QB an absolutely opposed the idea of that outlandish contract Buddy gave him, but he was the type of person who made me what to BILLieve. This is a carry-over from being a Yankee fan and appreciating Mariano Rivera as a person and player while equally hating A-Rod and finding it difficult to route for him.
                          That's perfectly normal and I'm sure you're not alone with that way of thinking. I'm probably in the minority, actually.

I like Fitz for the way he played when he was here. You could tell he really wanted to win and gave it his all. That was a clear case where his play on the field was a direct reflection of his personality/intelligence. My point is only that if a person plays well, to me that trumps any off the field issues that don't affect his play.

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                          None of this has a big impact on my day-to-day life, but being a fan of a professional sports team is a hobby of mine and I prefer it when the teams have high character players. Obviously, third hand reports are not always credible so you need to factor that in, and I have only met one current Bill player and am on a first name basis with only one former Bill, so I couldn't say whether McCoy is really the a-hole he comes across as in the media. Freddy, however, was an example of someone it was easy to cheer for on Sunday.
                          It was definitely easy to root for Freddie. I think it's even easier (for me) to root for McCoy who is putting up better numbers than Freddie would have...regardless of how much he tips his waitresses or parties in his home town.

I am, however, still rooting for Freddie because of what he did for the team while he was here.

Comment

Working...
                          X