• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

So If Rex And Whaley Stay...

Are you jumping ship to another team ?

I wouldn't mind changes myself but it seems many already see this as hopeless.

I love college ball and detest the current NFL product. Maybe that represents my indifference to whatever they decide.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Victor7
    • Jul 2013

Re: So If Rex And Whaley Stay...

I still think there's a good chance Whaley gets the ax. Rex won't sadly.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

There is no if...none.

If you want to give up hope for next year based on that, it's your business. I won't.

Whatever you decide won't affect me at all. One less ***** to contend with maybe.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

The only way Whaley gets axed is if they can talk Polian out of retirement now that he is comfortably in the hall of fame.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
          The only way Whaley gets axed is if they can talk Polian out of retirement now that he is comfortably in the hall of fame.
          He's just looking to get his son Chris a job. No way.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Buffalogic
            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
            • Feb 2006

It wouldn't be a step forward to fire Whaley. He's brought in some good personnel. He's a very good gm and an even better scout. I don't have to constantly bring up EJ Manuel like some people. We were desperate for a QB in a year no good QB's were available. He had no choice, but mitigated the loss by acquiring another pick which lead to Kiko which turned into Lesean. Finding a qb isn't easy and a GM shouldn't be solely judged on that. It takes a lot of luck. Look a Polian, he got lucky in Indi with Peyton and the majority of that roster was awful.

Comment

• feldspar
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              Polian isn't an idiot, but he'd have to be to involve himself with this kind of pressure at age 73.

Plus, he will have been out of the league for 4 years to boot.

That's not even a remote possibility.

Done and done.

Comment

• sudzy
                • Apr 2013

If I haven't jump ship after the last 16 years, I don't think I'll smarten up now. Bills fans are masochists.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  Casual fans are the ones who might jump ship, but the people who post here are anything but casual fans...except for Coastal.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                    Polian isn't an idiot, but he'd have to be to involve himself with this kind of pressure at age 73.

Plus, he will have been out of the league for 4 years to boot.

That's not even a remote possibility.

Done and done.
                    Who knows? Levy had been out of football for 9 years and was in his 80s when we coaxed him back to be GM. The rumors last year were that the Pegulas would bring him in as an overall consultant but that he didn't want to undermine his HOF vote.

- - - Updated - - -

He's just looking to get his son Chris a job. No way.
                    Chris is the director of pro personnel for Jacksonville.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind changes myself but it seems many already see this as hopeless.

I love college ball and detest the current NFL product. Maybe that represents my indifference to whatever they decide.
                      If you can find me a team that I can attend over 250 games of in person, as I have with the Bills, before next season, then I might consider jumping ship to them. But I doubt I can find any team that's willing to schedule that many games I can attend to overcome my allegiance to the Bills.

I don't get anyone who gets to change teams with the touch of a remote. If you're really a fan who could do that, you were never really a fan-just some bandwagon guy who jumped on because of a Bills winning streak or the signing of some player you thought was cool.

The only way I would have ever considered changing teams ended the day Pegula bought the team and guaranteed they would remain the Buffalo Bills throughout my lifetime.
                      Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 12-16-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
                        • Sep 2010

Anyone that thinks Whaley is a good GM is plain stupid. He has brought in exactly two good players (Watkins doesn't count because he gave up way to much for him - THAT kind of move ONLY should have been done to secure a franchise QB).

Preston Brown & Ronald Darby are the only 2. And Brown has been one of the taken one of the biggest steps backwards in this Ryan defense as has anyone.

John Miller, Karlos Williams and Seantrel Henderson (who now is battling Chron's disease) are all way over-hyped and not really that good.

You want to show me Whaley's good vet signings?

You give me Incognito. I'll give you Chris Williams.

You give me Charles Clay. I'll give you Boobie Dixon AND Brown.

Whaley is less than average.

Some of you people are comparing him to the trash that Ralph Wilson used to hire on the cheap, like Tom Donahoe.

[/and Whaley was the ONLY one in the entire NFL that would give Clay the money he did. He took advantage of a neophyte owner who didn't know any better (Russ Brandon taught Whaley well)].
                        Last edited by swiper; 12-16-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

There's no doubt in my mind the organization will make some kind of big splash move that will make everyone excited again for next year. BillsImpossible will post threads about how we're a playoff team and it'll be the usual offseason hype for this team that will peak with a convincing opening week win until the team sputters into another .500 finish
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

If I ever jump ship I'm done with the NFL period just like I did in the 90's with the Knicks when they signed Spreewell. No sense in picking another team.

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

What kind of fan jumps ship and picks a different team?...

My bad, I forgot about all those fake ass Patriots "fans".
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X