PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins reportedly telling ST holders they cannot renew if they re-sold too many

IlluminatusUIUC
12-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Dolphins are telling multiple season ticket holders they can no longer renew b/c they resold their seats too many times on tix exchange.
— Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) December 16, 2015 (https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/677185630242250752)
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Will anyone buy season tickets down there any more?

Victor7
12-16-2015, 05:27 PM
LOL

Those "fans" truly are one of a kind.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-16-2015, 05:36 PM
LOL @ me for the Delphins. I wasn't even close on that one

YardRat
12-16-2015, 05:42 PM
fixed

gebobs
12-17-2015, 08:19 AM
"Dolphins reportedly telling ST holders"

I read ST as "special teams holders" as in PK holders and was like, "What now?"

OpIv37
12-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Wow, this is stupid. People will stop buying season tickets, or people will buy them and just not use them if they can't go to a game out of fear of not being able to buy them again.

What the hell do the Dolphins care if people re-sell the tix? If the team had any kind of fan base and people were reselling the tix for a huge profit and pricing most people out of attending, I'd get that, but no one goes to the games so I can't imagine there is much markup, or even any at all. I bet they even take a loss on the resale sometimes and simply try to recoup what they can.

gebobs
12-17-2015, 08:42 AM
What the hell do the Dolphins care if people re-sell the tix?
The only thing that any NFL team cares about. $$$

Just being snarky. I know resale doesn't really affect their bottom line. But I'd bet you my autographed Mercury Morris jockstrap that it has something to do with that. It's what drives every decision in the NFL seemingly.

OpIv37
12-17-2015, 08:59 AM
The only thing that any NFL team cares about. $$$

Just being snarky. I know resale doesn't really affect their bottom line. But I'd bet you my autographed Mercury Morris jockstrap that it has something to do with that. It's what drives every decision in the NFL seemingly.

Yeah but I don't get it. Once the season ticket holder purchases the tickets, the team has their money.

And if the team gets pissy about reselling tix, some people may just not use them for games they don't go to, which means no one in the seats buying $9 beers and $5 hot dogs, and more embarrassing empty seats in a stadium that already struggles with attendance.

I agree with you that all the league's decisions are financially driven. I just can't figure out how this one helps the league or the team, financially or otherwise. It's almost like extortion for the few diehard fans there have: get your ass to your seat or you won't be able to come next season.

Albany,n.y.
12-17-2015, 09:38 AM
The smart ones will stop selling them on ticket exchange...
...and start selling them on Stubhub!

gebobs
12-17-2015, 10:00 AM
Yeah but I don't get it. Once the season ticket holder purchases the tickets, the team has their money.
I haven't had seasons since the glory years and have since relo'ed. But those were simpler times are changing and have changed utterly already. Season ticket holders now are forced to pay seat licenses and sign an agreement with the franchise. One interest the team may have is ensuring that those seats which they have aggressively marketed to Dolphin fans are filled with Dolphin fans.

This is unprecedented and would not be surprised if other teams follow suit, starting with Dallas probably. And along with this, the Dolphins have already announced a price increase and are insisting that ticket holders re-up now even before the season ends. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

And with the season the Dollies are having... *whistles* Imagine if Pegula did this.

trapezeus
12-17-2015, 10:01 AM
if people were selling and making money, I'd get it. but it seems like the stadium is empty. so this can only hurt them. if It was a packed stadium and the team felt like the ticket holders are making a lot and the team sacrificed from increasing ticket prices, that's one thing. this situation sounds like we are missing something.