PDA

View Full Version : Whaley reportedly at odds with coaching staff

swiper
12-20-2015, 07:57 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419914/showdown-between-whaley-and-coaching-staff-could-be-brewing-in-buffalo

Can't get along with Marrone or this staff.

DraftBoy
12-20-2015, 08:02 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419914/showdown-between-whaley-and-coaching-staff-could-be-brewing-in-buffalo

Should be interesting to see what, if anything, comes of this.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Pegula needs to let Whaley go. Rex deserves more than one season, so does Roman, IMO. Whaley has had several seasons to show his value. He's not hard to replace, and with an attitude like his, he needs to GTFO. If the coach and GM don't see eye to eye, this is what happens. I find it funny that this is the second straight HC that Whaley can't get on the same page as. Anyone else noticing a pattern?

swiper
12-20-2015, 08:08 AM
He's not hard to replace?

Topas
12-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Since Rex ruined a top defense I would rather let Rex go.

Night Train
12-20-2015, 08:19 AM
No surprise at all. Sometimes, it's choosing a new direction. With Mario and Kyle Williams and more looking like cap cuts, the team needs DL and LB's who can tackle. Enough of the excessive skill obsessions. Ryan found Taylor. Otherwise, we would have had Cassel or Manuel shoved down our throats.

He did some good things and bad things. Pegula made the investment in Ryan and his staff. Now HE has to make it work.. because it didn't year 1.. This is why I kept posting about a consultant since last year and it's a year late. New GM is probably needed who understands our upcoming needs.

swiper
12-20-2015, 08:20 AM
And for the LaConfora haters/Whaley lovers:

Bills Daily (https://twitter.com/billsdaily)
On the @JasonLaCanfora (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora) story... His track record with Bills inside info is not very good

coastal
12-20-2015, 08:22 AM
EJ Manuel and Sammy Watkins

c ya, Doug.

swiper
12-20-2015, 08:30 AM
No surprise at all. Sometimes, it's choosing a new direction. With Mario and Kyle Williams and more looking like cap cuts, the team needs DL and LB's who can tackle. Enough of the excessive skill obsessions. Ryan found Taylor. Otherwise, we would have had Cassel or Manuel shoved down our throats.

Now they need to draft a real developmental QB. Maybe two. And start restocking the lines/LBs as you said. The most troubling thing about this year is the degree of the defensive slide. And watching what first-time coach Todd Bowles has done with Ryan's old team is troubling. He's gone from 4 wins to 9 and the season isn't even over yet. Makes Ryan look all the worse.

He did some good things and bad things. Pegula made the investment in Ryan and his staff. Now HE has to make it work.. because it didn't year 1.. This is why I kept posting about a consultant since last year and it's a year late. New GM is probably needed who understands our upcoming needs.

Consultants end up making a bad situation worse. And it's an open admission to your fanbase that the guy who the consultant is advising isn't really the right guy. If that guy isn't getting it done, then replace him. Whaley had his consultations under Kevin Colbert (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Whaley) and Buddy Nix (https://soundcloud.com/deadspin-1/nix-on-ryan-fitzpatrick), two supposed stud veteran pro-personnel evaluators.

YardRat
12-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Whaley will always end up being at odds with whatever coaching staff he 'works with' as long as he has the attitude that it's his job only to acquire the players. This past 12 months has been such a disappointment of lost opportunity I'm at the point of saying '**** it', tear it all down and start from scratch.

Typ0
12-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Pegula needs to let Whaley go. Rex deserves more than one season, so does Roman, IMO. Whaley has had several seasons to show his value. He's not hard to replace, and with an attitude like his, he needs to GTFO. If the coach and GM don't see eye to eye, this is what happens. I find it funny that this is the second straight HC that Whaley can't get on the same page as. Anyone else noticing a pattern?

I am so glad to see this information coming out. Pegula needs to clean house. Whaley is not going to get along with anyone that doesn't do what he says in a coaching staff. He is an ass and that type of attitude is a cancer to any organization trying to turn itself from loser to winner. On top of that Ryan has proven himself incompetent this year. There are no excuses for the game management and coaching failures we have seen. Pegula allowed these guys to have a chance during the transition but I am telling you right now if you want to see signs he's serious about fielding a winning product it means the entire FO and coaching staff will be decimated and rebuilt this offseason. I agree with everyone that says continuity is the thing that is needed that fact is also clear...but you have to build that continuity with the right people and we do not have the right people in place now to do that.

WagonCircler
12-20-2015, 10:01 AM

Was that Freudian? I think you meant Ryan.

But that begs the bigger question. Can Whaley get along with any HC?

He's a hack who makes moves to cover his mistakes, rather than to better the team. That will piss off and coach and will scare away prospective coaches.

I think Whaley's a goner.

GvilleBills
12-20-2015, 10:09 AM
If only Whaley goes, **** this team. Shows Pegs is no better than the last.
Thurman has to go
Cross man has to go

Rex should, but we know he won't...

EJ should be long gone. If Whalez is sticking with him... Then **** you too Doug.

If you're gonna clean house, then clean the sum*****. Don't can DW and leave Rex and his mentally handicapped yes men.

And if this outside personnel guy giving advice is an out of touch dickwad who hasn't done **** since picking Manning and building a one dimensional team that is incapable of doing anything hut playing with a lead...then this teams future is ****ed.

Cleve
12-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Bills need to clean house completely - Whaley was trained by Buddy Nix. Old adage holds true - garbage in, garbage out. Anyone involved in the hire of Nix and/or Whaley should go too (Brandon?)

DraftBoy
12-20-2015, 10:43 AM
Most of the Bills reporters have said on social media this morning that everything they have heard in recent weeks is that Whaley is staying put. Not saying La Canfora has it wrong, but local beat reporters being in complete contrast is odd.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2015, 10:54 AM
If true, he should be shown the door just for that.

He's been at "odds" with both coaching staffs that have been here during his tenure.

justasportsfan
12-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Since Rex ruined a top defense I would rather let Rex go.

This

- - - Updated - - -

Marrone is a quitter.

Typ0
12-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Marrone is a quitter.

Or just plain smart.

justasportsfan
12-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Or just plain smart.
Nope quittet

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Nope quittet

just like this team....

justasportsfan
12-20-2015, 11:37 AM
just like this team....

Yup, they quit on Rex. You can onto take so much when your coach sets you up to fail.

malvado78
12-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Whaley should be at odds with this coaching staff. Do you see the gameplans the coaches have been bringing out on Sundays?

Mike
12-20-2015, 11:57 AM
What a Surprise!

OLDSRIP
12-20-2015, 12:19 PM
Whaley should be at odds with this coaching staff. Do you see the gameplans the coaches have been bringing out on Sundays?

That kind of how I feel.

the players have quit playing for the coach. not the GM.

this team was looking up, until Rex changed what was working.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Get a footbal czar to restructure the entire damn staff. The rest is details.

DynaPaul
12-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Thurman at the very least needs to go. It was a mistake to change the defense over to a 3 - 4. If you're truly a defensive genius you need to adapt your schemes to the players and not try to force one system on them.

MillsapsBillsFan
12-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Sammy Watkins

You mean the player that has more yards and receptions than any other Bills player in their history over the first two seasons? Boy he really whiffed on him.

BertSquirtgum
12-20-2015, 03:12 PM
If only Whaley goes, **** this team. Shows Pegs is no better than the last.
Thurman has to go
Cross man has to go

Rex should, but we know he won't...

EJ should be long gone. If Whalez is sticking with him... Then **** you too Doug.

If you're gonna clean house, then clean the sum*****. Don't can DW and leave Rex and his mentally handicapped yes men.

And if this outside personnel guy giving advice is an out of touch dickwad who hasn't done **** since picking Manning and building a one dimensional team that is incapable of doing anything hut playing with a lead...then this teams future is ****ed.

What is with you nuts and this EJ ****? He's the back up. I've never seen such insanity. So much crying over a back up qb. The Bills needed a qb and they drafted one. So he didn't pan out. Happens all the time. Big ****ing deal. and for the record EJ Manuel was Buddy Nix's goodbye gift to the fans. In case anyone forgot, Buddy said, I'm not retiring until I find this team their franchise qb.

BertSquirtgum
12-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Or just plain smart.

Nope. He's a quitter.

WagonCircler
12-20-2015, 08:04 PM
What is with you nuts and this EJ ****? He's the back up. I've never seen such insanity. So much crying over a back up qb. The Bills needed a qb and they drafted one. So he didn't pan out. Happens all the time. Big ****ing deal. and for the record EJ Manuel was Buddy Nix's goodbye gift to the fans. In case anyone forgot, Buddy said, I'm not retiring until I find this team their franchise qb.

Please. It's very well documented that Whaley was a major factor in the Bills drafted Manuel. But that's not even the worst part. His stupefying stubbornness trying to make EJ work when it was clear to anyone with a pair of eyes that he sucks brontosaurus balls, and his refusal to draft a QB in ANY round since drafting EJ, then admitting to making the horrendously stupid Watkins deal to bolster EJ all combine to make Whaley the architect and owner of the EJ fiasco.

Whaley and his stupidity set this franchise back years.