PDA

View Full Version : Bills need a football czar. The rest will follow.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Clear to me that the FO is a freakin mess. Firing one here, one there isn't going to make things right. Get a czar to figure it out and give him the power to fire/hire at will. Who would you want?

Fixxxer
12-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Are there football sczars left? Who qualifies as one that is under 65 years old?

DynaPaul
12-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Polian! But he has to leave his son at home.

Scumbag College
12-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Instead of a czar, they need a Russian Tsar to rule with an iron fist.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2015, 02:55 PM
President of operations, aka czar. Someone who *knows* football, how *winning* organizations are put together, has a strong will, has connections to bring in the right people. I don't know who this person is, but if I'm Terry, I would pay him whatever the f*** he wanted. Otherwise this team will go on being crap forever.

BillsImpossible
12-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Polian! But he has to leave his son at home.

Polian was going to be the senior gm, but Whaley turned him off with his insistence upon giving EJ "Wild Cat" Manuel a chance.

Bill Polian also had the opportunity to be inducted in to the NFL Hall of Fame.

Now that Polian has a gold jacket, he can do whatever he wants to.

The off season has officially started.

YardRat
12-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Me.

BuffaloWingEater
12-20-2015, 03:16 PM
My favorite is that the report notes that football people have told the Pegulas to part ways with EJ. If you are have to listen to football insiders for that tidbit then we are FUBAR forever.

BertSquirtgum
12-20-2015, 03:19 PM
Hire Bill Polian and let him decide what to do with everything involving football. If he wants his son here, whatever, make it contingent that Bill be here as long as his son is employed.

Cleve
12-20-2015, 03:27 PM
If the Bills could only find, hire and retain the next Bill Belichick, they'd be all set. Patriots for years were a joke of a franchise - Belichick turned it around into a dynasty; possibly the greatest in the history of the NFL.

That's what they need. Ralph Wilson Jr., with his miserly incompetence and desire to micro-manage, prevented that possibility for years; now the Bills should think different and try to make it happen.

Novacane
12-20-2015, 03:39 PM
If the Bills could only find, hire and retain the next Bill Belichick, they'd be all set. Patriots for years were a joke of a franchise - Belichick turned it around into a dynasty; possibly the greatest in the history of the NFL.

That's what they need. Ralph Wilson Jr., with his miserly incompetence and desire to micro-manage, prevented that possibility for years; now the Bills should think different and try to make it happen.

I'll never buy that. He was a failure till he lucked into an alltime great QB. Can't wait to watch that over rated ***** once Brady retires.

YardRat
12-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Wrecks wouldn't have been on my list at all...short, or long, or even last-ditch consideration...NOT AT ALL. That fact alone makes me a football czar compared to the numbnuts at OBD right now.

Cleve
12-20-2015, 04:40 PM
I'll never buy that. He was a failure till he lucked into an alltime great QB. Can't wait to watch that over rated ***** once Brady retires.

Well, he started as HC in the 2000 season. The Patriots won the Superbowl in the 2001 season, their first ever. That seems like a pretty rapid improvement. Can't really judge his stint with the Browns; I know he has a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy with the Patriots - undoubtedly that's an important factor in their success the past 15 years. He may have faced systemic obstacles at the Browns that reduced his success.

Also, the Patriots are NOT just Tom Brady, though he is undoubtedly a critical key component. They have tremendous depth and talent on that team - and have been so for years now. A Wes Welker leaves the team, Aaron Hernandez is jailed, and another talented player steps in to fill the shoes. That's no accident or "luck" - takes a tremendous scouting program and lots of smarts to build depth such as the Patriots enjoy.

YardRat
12-20-2015, 05:13 PM
The consistently finding new ways to cheat thingie helps a lot.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-20-2015, 05:41 PM

Why do people keep saying he was a failure in Cleveland? He took them to the #1 scoring defense and coached their most recent playoff win.

DraftBoy
12-20-2015, 05:47 PM
Why do people keep saying he was a failure in Cleveland? He took them to the #1 scoring defense and coached their most recent playoff win.

Short memories. Belichick will go down as one of the greatest coaches to ever coach in the NFL and that's a full deserved reputation regardless of what people want to think about him. His success as a DC and HC are extremely impressive and it has nothing to do with "lucking" into Brady.

Mace
12-20-2015, 07:05 PM
Well, let's be brutally honest here. If we would in fact hire an accomplished football guy, a czar...it would be the wrong one. You can't even reasonably expect them to hire an expert correctly.

Cleve
12-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Well, let's be brutally honest here. If we would in fact hire an accomplished football guy, a czar...it would be the wrong one. You can't even reasonably expect them to hire an expert correctly.

Nope, because that idiot Russ Brandon will be whispering his suggestions and advice in Pegula's ear during the hiring process; so the choice would be short term ticket sales vs long term team building - that's the Brandon Legacy in a nutshell!

DraftBoy
12-21-2015, 05:16 AM
Our luck would be that we miss on Polian and end with Marty Schottenheimer or some other craptastic option as football czar.