PDA

View Full Version : SAMMY WANTS TO CALL OUT THE PLAYERS

mdcas22
12-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Sammy Watkins: Forget feelings, Bills players need to take leadPosted by Darin Gantt on December 20, 2015, 6:54 PM EST
https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpte0ntrhnzczzti2zjflndc5zwfhzjjkodvjndy4yjcw-e1448381891929.jpeg?w=213
APBills wide receiver Sammy Watkins (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9388/sammy-watkins) has never been bashful with his opinions, such as when he didn’t think he was being targeted enough.
Now with the Bills eliminated from postseason contention again, he’s ready for more people to voice their own hot takes.
After today’s loss to Washington which sent the Bills to their 16th straight season without a playoff appearance, Watkins was shifting responsibility away from coaches and onto the players.
“We need to forget about anybody’s feelings,” Watkins said, via Tyler Dunne of theBuffalo News. “We need to call people out. If I’m doing something wrong, call me out. If the line is doing something wrong or messing up, call them out. If the defense is doing something wrong, the defensive line, the secondary, call it out. Because at the end of the day, we’re doing it to win, not to get on somebody and make them feel bad. We’re grown men. This is our job. We get paid millions and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Forget the money. You’ve got to go out there each week and play for the guy next to you.
“Once we get to that point and realize that you could get fired the next day — and make it known. Hey, this is your job. If you’re not going to do your job, cut him (http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/20/sammy-watkins-wants-accountability-if-youre-not-going-to-do-your-job-cut-him/). It needs to be a business. And I think once we get to that, we need some nasty coaches. If they’re not doing their job, get them out of here. If I’m not doing my job, step to me and get me out of here.”
Of course, the Bills just changed coaches a year ago, so it seems unlikely the changes will begin there. But it’s clear the Bills have some work to do beyond finding someone to goose season-ticket sales and give good press conference.
“I think everybody needs to look at themselves in the mirror — forget the coaches,” Watkins said. “It’s not the coaches’ team. It’s the players’ team. And we’ve got to take over as players.”
That’s fine, as long as those players are all pointed in the right direction.

DraftBoy
12-20-2015, 05:42 PM
This locker room is an absolute nightmare right now.

trapezeus
12-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Agreed that it's a nightmare, but Sammy didn't say anything wrong.

DraftBoy
12-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Agreed that it's a nightmare, but Sammy didn't say anything wrong.

Not saying he did, just saying that when you have guys like him and Mario Williams talking freely about people not playing for each other and insurgents within the organization then you can only imagine how big the real problem is.

justasportsfan
12-20-2015, 05:53 PM
This coaching staff is cancer both on and off the field.

mdcas22
12-20-2015, 06:00 PM
this is exactly what the players in NY have said about Rex last year, no discipline players get away with murder. Imakpala would still be a Jet if Rex was still the coach. the sad thing is its gonna get worse as long as Rex is the HC.

Novacane
12-20-2015, 06:07 PM
Good for Sammy. I'm glad someone's pissed off about this mess!

colin
12-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Mario Williams has quit, and be needs to go.

Marcel is a fat half ******ed lay about, but we are stuck with him so he needs to get his ass kicked into shape.

justasportsfan
12-20-2015, 06:19 PM
The reason why a player has to call players out is because the staff doesn't hold anyone accountable. This hardly ever happens with the pats.

coastal
12-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Not saying he did, just saying that when you have guys like him and Mario Williams talking freely about people not playing for each other and insurgents within the organization then you can only imagine how big the real problem is.
Mario Williams is not in the same boat as Sammy here.

Mario uses the dysfunction to avoid accountability.

Sammy is demanding it from everyone.

Mario is a butt fugcing quitter.

YardRat
12-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Hmmm...let's see...the players went from being one of the most dominant dlines in football to pieces of **** in one season under a new coach and a new system, and the two options are...

1-Eat a **** ton of money, get rid of most of the players, and move forward with a multi-year rebuild under the 'defensive genius' that is now faced with re-molding the squad to suit him.
2-Eat a **** ton of money, get rid of the buffoon that drove the #4 defense in the league into the ground, and move forward mostly intact with a roster of players that have already proven to be successful and at least last year enjoyed playing with, and for, each other.

Considering 'eating a **** ton of money' is a factor in either scenario, the appropriate conclusion should be obvious.

DraftBoy
12-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Mario Williams is not in the same boat as Sammy here.

Mario uses the dysfunction to avoid accountability.

Sammy is demanding it from everyone.

Mario is a butt fugcing quitter.

Not saying they are, but they both have similar styles of leadership. Neither is the type of player to speak out just because, which says a lot.

coastal
12-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Not saying they are, but they both have similar styles of leadership. Neither is the type of player to speak out just because, which says a lot.
Mario admittedly is not a leader.

DraftBoy
12-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Hmmm...let's see...the players went from being one of the most dominant dlines in football to pieces of **** in one season under a new coach and a new system, and the two options are...

1-Eat a **** ton of money, get rid of most of the players, and move forward with a multi-year rebuild under the 'defensive genius' that is now faced with re-molding the squad to suit him.
2-Eat a **** ton of money, get rid of the buffoon that drove the #4 defense in the league into the ground, and move forward mostly intact with a roster of players that have already proven to be successful and at least last year enjoyed playing with, and for, each other.

Considering 'eating a **** ton of money' is a factor in either scenario, the appropriate conclusion should be obvious.

I'm not sure Option 2 is even viable right now. I think no matter who is the coach the DL is going to get revamped. Mario is getting cut no matter what, imo and Kyle Williams is done. I think it's either Option 1, or Option 3 - Eat a **** ton of money and dump the coach and revamp the DL.

- - - Updated - - -

Mario admittedly is not a leader.

No doubt about it, that's never been who he is, or who he wants to be.

coastal
12-20-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure Option 2 is even viable right now. I think no matter who is the coach the DL is going to get revamped. Mario is getting cut no matter what, imo and Kyle Williams is done. I think it's either Option 1, or Option 3 - Eat a **** ton of money and dump the coach and revamp the DL.

- - - Updated - - -

No doubt about it, that's never been who he is, or who he wants to be.
I vote option 3

mdcas22
12-20-2015, 07:27 PM
you can't be successful in the NFL and coach like Rex doe's. I mean hold players accountable and fine them, like I said before his ex players are saying there was no discipline when he was there, Imkpalia would still be a jet if Rex was still there. No team has ever won anything with a players coach, ala Wade Phillips , Rex Ryan, Jim Mora JR. just to name a few, If Shawn Peyton becomes available the Bills would be foolish not to pounch on him.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Jace Amaro was right

Turf
12-20-2015, 08:52 PM
What Sammy said. Interesting in the end he added the coaches........

BECAUSE THIS COACHING STAFF ****ING SUCKS!!!!

CommissarSpartacus
12-21-2015, 02:25 AM
Here's what Sammy can do to help next year. This year is too late.

He needs to convene all the black brothers on the team and tell all the morons with idiotic dreads, gold tipped or not, to GET ****ING HAIRCUTS.

And then he needs to be the first guy to do it.

The hair thing is out of control. It looks ****ing ridiculous and sends a message that your ****ing HAIR is more important than anything to you.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a civil rights issue and some will probably call me a racist or at least an old fart, but the hair has become one way to stick it to whitey, who still runs the league.

But it sends the wrong message, ESPECIALLY on a team struggling to find a winning identity.

It says "I'm willing to look stupid to prove I'm a successful black man who doesn't take **** from anyone, cu2 my opinion of myself is more important to me than anything else!"

Turf
12-21-2015, 04:53 AM
Here's what Sammy can do to help next year. This year is too late.

He needs to convene all the black brothers on the team and tell all the morons with idiotic dreads, gold tipped or not, to GET ****ING HAIRCUTS.

And then he needs to be the first guy to do it.

The hair thing is out of control. It looks ****ing ridiculous and sends a message that your ****ing HAIR is more important than anything to you.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's a civil rights issue and some will probably call me a racist or at least an old fart, but the hair has become one way to stick it to whitey, who still runs the league.

But it sends the wrong message, ESPECIALLY on a team struggling to find a winning identity.

It says "I'm willing to look stupid to prove I'm a successful black man who doesn't take **** from anyone, cu2 my opinion of myself is more important to me than anything else!"

I was thinking last week, aside from the weight, just the aerodynamics of the hair have to shave fractions of a second off their speed. If you want to be as fast as you can be, you need as little resistance as possible, and that hair aint helping.