Running yards and victories (and Greg Roman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Running yards and victories (and Greg Roman)

As told through TWITTER quips...

Mike Rodak ✔ @mikerodak

The Bills' 240 rushing yards today were the most by an NFL team in a loss since Greg Roman's 49ers had 355 yards in a loss last December.
    Pete @Peeeteeee
    @TyDunne Teams who rush for 240+ and pass for 235+ were 108-3 since 1940. 108-4 now

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne

Most of it came after they were down 28-3 but wild that the Bills rushed for 240 yards and... lost.

Seems Mr. Roman has this unique talent.
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Running yards and victories (and Greg Roman)

Twice they couldn't run it in the red zone. Proves that these stats mean little. His scrambling qbs plus his lack of a hurry offense when behind combined with running plays show he has no clock management skills.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Turf View Post
      Twice they couldn't run it in the red zone. Proves that these stats mean little. His scrambling qbs plus his lack of a hurry offense when behind combined with running plays show he has no clock management skills.
      Agreed ...we have all these yards rushing and a Qb with a high stats rating yet here we are sitting at home for playoff season # 16 in a row. Only stat that matters are wins. Al Davis had it right. Just win baby ...the rest will take care of itself.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
        As told through TWITTER quips...

Seems Mr. Roman has this unique talent.
        It's called an unbalanced offense and misuse of talent.

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

It's called our line is really bad when it counts. Every play in that goal line stand there was an unblocked defender at the point of attack. It was crazy to watch.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Bills are great at filling up the stat sheet when the game does not matter.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              It's called an unbalanced offense and misuse of talent.
              240+ pass and 235+ rush is unbalanced? Jesus.

If this team had a real defense, oh I don't know, like the D of last season. We are talking first round bye this season.

I hate this team.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                240+ pass and 235+ rush is unbalanced? Jesus.

If this team had a real defense, oh I don't know, like the D of last season. We are talking first round bye this season.

I hate this team.
                I watched the first two series. The Bills defer because Rex still thinks his defense can make an opening drive statement. They did, just not one you want.

In answer, the offense stumbled around, got a few first downs (at least one of which was a broken play scramble), got a few penalties and faced with 3rd-and-10, Taylor overthrew a wide open Watkins. Then special teams managed to make it worse when our punter tried what looked like a drop kick and the ball squirted 17 yards.

It was a microcosm of the season and I knew I didn't need to watch any. It was a lovely day so the wife and I took the dogs for an 8-mile hike. We were only about a mile or so into it and the Bills were already down 21-0.

The engine on the bus that brought them wasn't even cool and they were already making a dash for it. Typical Bills. No pride.

And anyone that says Taylor is our next franchise quarterback should be smacked upside their head.
                Last edited by gebobs; 12-21-2015, 07:39 AM.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                X