Will the Bills get into a bidding war for Polian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Will the Bills get into a bidding war for Polian?

Tennessee is supposedly very interested in going after Polian to be the Pres. They also want Peyton Manning in the front office.

We were in the hunt for Polian last year.

Pegula wanted him and probably wants him now. With this history in Buffalo and Pegulas deep pockets can we beat out the Titans to land Polian?

It would be very interesting to see what Polian would do with the team. Pegula may tell Polian that any and all changes he wants are on the table. You could see a massive trimming of the staff if that happens. I can't see Polian being a Rex fan. Whaley? I can see him keeping Whaley. But there is no way Polian would ignore the undisciplined, misused, and dis-coordinated team that Rex is leading.

With any luck he'll be hired, he'll **** can that garbage pile Rex, and whisper dollars signs in Schwartz's ear at the catch committee meetings... Polian and Schwartz will both be on the committee.

Could be a very interesting off-season for the future of this franchise.
    Last edited by X-Era; 12-21-2015, 05:12 AM.

• GreedoII
    • Aug 2007

Re: Will the Bills get into a bidding war for Polian?

I hope not...no more old codgers from the past who are out of touch with the league. that's the problem around here. Clinging to the past.....move on people

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
      I hope not...no more old codgers from the past who are out of touch with the league. that's the problem around here. Clinging to the past.....move on people
      You've got a complete clown reporting directly to the owner (Rex). Adding a guy above Rex with even more clout to oversee everything makes sense.

I want Whaley to stay. But is Polian takes over as Czar and determines the young Whaley and asshat Rex both need to go, so be it. Rex is a moron who has Pegula's ear and no real oversight. That is a major major problem.

What I want the most is to somehow navigate this where we end up with a Schwartz or Pettine scheme'd D again so we don't completely gut the defense for Rex's bull**** scheme. Keep them in tact and can Rex instead. Polian could be key because he can get between Pegula and Rex and prevent Rex from keeping the status quo. No clue whether Pegula likes Pettine or Schwartz. But like I said, they'll be on the catch committee together.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        YOu've got a complete clown reporting directly to the owner (Rex). Adding a guy above Rex with even more clout to oversee everything makes sense.

I want Whaley to stay. But is Polian takes over as Czar and determines the young Whaley and asshat Rex both need to go, so be it.

What I want the most is to somehow navigate this where we end up with a Schwartz or Pettine scheme'd D again so we don't completely gut the defense for Rex's bull**** scheme. Keep them in tact and can Rex instead. Polian could be key because he can get between Pegula and Rex and prevent Rex from keeping the status quo. No clue whether Pegula likes Pettine or Schwartz. But like I said, they'll be on the catch committee together.
        I don't care about hiring back Pettine or Schwartz honestly. The defense is going to be changing this offseason no matter what with at least three players leaving in McKelvin, M. Williams, and K. Williams. Who knows what happens with the LB group and we need safety help as well. JUst bring a coach who knows how to draw up a scheme that is versatile and pray that he is uber aggressive.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          I don't care about hiring back Pettine or Schwartz honestly. The defense is going to be changing this offseason no matter what with at least three players leaving in McKelvin, M. Williams, and K. Williams. Who knows what happens with the LB group and we need safety help as well. JUst bring a coach who knows how to draw up a scheme that is versatile and pray that he is uber aggressive.
          Don't disgaree on any of it. I'm just gun-shy with the unknown coaches. Pettine and Schwartz proved they can do it with these players.

Mario is gone. There is only the slimmest of chances that he restructures and that may require someone like Schwartz. I think he is gone for sure. I'm ok with it. It'll be inetersting to see who they try to replace him with.

McKelvin is gone.

Kyle may retire. I wonder though. He's another one who may want to stay if coaching changes happen. I think he's retiring though.

I could see Graham and Lawson gone. I think Aaron Williams will be the FS and we will want a real SS. We may want an upgrade to Lawson.

Brooks and Bradham are gone IMO. I'm glad to see both go.

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

i agree this team is a poop covered tire fire, but i don't think blowing up the coaches is a good move.

rex has stank, and roman is a frustrating guy to watch, but we have been able to run and get production out of a first year starting qb even with a ton of injuries. imo percy harvin was the biggest loss outside of TT/Shady/Sammy this year. if he and clay are playing today, we might have put up enough points to score more than our D allows.

i think since we need to re do our D, we might as well re do it the way rex wants it, he's here already and some of our players (houghs, CBs, lawson) have already shown they can be great in this scheme, and it's done well in the past on other teams.

agree that k and m williams are gone (although if he can play i want kyle stay, but i think he might be done) and mcfumbles is a write off.

so it's not ideal, but blowing it up to bring in new guys is what got us into this mess this year, let's not do it again.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
              • Mar 2015

You've got a complete clown reporting directly to the owner (Rex). Adding a guy above Rex with even more clout to oversee everything makes sense.

I want Whaley to stay. But is Polian takes over as Czar and determines the young Whaley and asshat Rex both need to go, so be it. Rex is a moron who has Pegula's ear and no real oversight. That is a major major problem.

Great, so we get rid of Whaley and replace him with Polians son when he comes here? Hate to break it to you, thats not an upgrade. Im also not 100% sure that Polian wants to come back, he had the chance last year and after talking to his buddy Marrone he decided not to (I don't think the HOF was the only factor).

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MillsapsBillsFan View Post
                Great, so we get rid of Whaley and replace him with Polians son when he comes here? Hate to break it to you, thats not an upgrade. Im also not 100% sure that Polian wants to come back, he had the chance last year and after talking to his buddy Marrone he decided not to (I don't think the HOF was the only factor).
                Who said to get rid of Whaley? Czar oversees Whaley doesn't replace him.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

We need an experienced President for the club but I am not sure Polian is the person for it.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

I'm not excited about the prospect of Polian. I don't want him. I would much rather have Jim Harbaugh. Throw crazy money at him and let him do whatever he wants.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                      I'm not excited about the prospect of Polian. I don't want him. I would much rather have Jim Harbaugh. Throw crazy money at him and let him do whatever he wants.
                      Did you just say Harbaugh?

I hate that *******.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

Did you just say Harbaugh?

I hate that *******.
                        Yeah, He's easy to hate, but he is a winner. 49ers went from superbowl to a dumpster fire without him. He knows how to elevate mediocre talent as well. He'd be great with Tyrod.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
                          • Mar 2015

Who said to get rid of Whaley? Czar oversees Whaley doesn't replace him.
                          The prevailing opinion here seems to be to clear the football side completely and let Polian rebuild it, so I just assumed. I agree with Spiked, I think that the team needs a good consistent football voice but I don't think its Polian. He's 73 years old and his teams in Indy were not very well constructed towards the end of his career. Im not sure who else is available out there, but I think it should be someone other than Polian.

Also in order for someone else to become president, Russ Brandon would have to be removed. I know what the opinion of him around here is, but the truth is that Pegula has made him the president of the Sabres as well, so obviously he has a favorable opinion of him. I don't think anyone comes in and fully replaces Brandon which seems to be what everyone wants

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

I can see him keeping Whaley..
                            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Uncle Jesse
                              • Sep 2004

Haha, Polian is like 90 and isn't even in football these days. Give it up people, let go of the past. Maybe we'll get him and Marv can come back too.

Comment

Working...
                              X