12-21-2015, 06:39 AM
Kyle retires not cut

I think it's scheme driven.

Possibilities;

Harvin
Lawson
Graham
Felton

There is not even a 1% chance Harvin is on the team next year.

Buffalogic
12-21-2015, 06:42 AM
Yeah Harvin obviously gone from the bills and the NFL. Felton was a major disappointment. Graham was our leading tackler and with McFumbles going, it would be hard to get rid of him, although it's a possibility.

X-Era
12-21-2015, 06:44 AM
Yeah Harvin obviously gone from the bills and the NFL. Felton was a major disappointment. Graham was our leading tackler and with McFumbles going, it would be hard to get rid of him, although it's a possibility.
Graham could be out if they want a SS. They may want to go with a better player against the run and a guy that can muscle the WR's a bit more.

k-oneputt
12-21-2015, 06:54 AM
I know he is a buffalo guy, but Graham is a backup at best.

X-Era
12-21-2015, 07:13 AM
Cap effect:

Cutting:
Mario- 12.9
McKelvin- 3.9
Graham- 2.6

Kyle retires- 5

24.4 mill in cap room from those changes

EDS
12-21-2015, 07:34 AM
Cap effect:

Cutting:
Mario- 12.9
McKelvin- 3.9
Graham- 2.6

Kyle retires- 5

I don't think that is enough as the Bills would still need to dip into free agency to retain/replace the left side of their offensive line, obtain two new starting defensive lineman, a starting safety and corner depth, not to mention fixing the linebacker mess and deciding whether they are going to roll with Tyrod at QB going forward. They can probably fill one or two of those via the draft.

X-Era
12-21-2015, 07:35 AM
I don't think that is enough as the Bills would still need to dip into free agency to retain/replace the left side of their offensive line, obtain two new starting defensive lineman, a starting safety and corner depth, not to mention fixing the linebacker mess and deciding whether they are going to roll with Tyrod at QB going forward. They can probably fill one or two of those via the draft.That was just that part. They have ~8 mill that can be rolled into next year and the cap is potentially set to rise to 153.

I think 30 mill is very possible in cap room.

Mahdi
12-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Cut

Mario gone - too expensive for what Rex needs in his D - unless he takes a pay cut

Bradham - Can't afford after keeping Glenn and Incognito

Mckelvin - we need more talent at outside CB

Stefan Charles - disappointed with KW out

Bryant - disappointed with KW out

Keep

Lawson - not expensive and we would have to replace him anyway - his versatility is too useful

Graham - Good team guy to have around and can do different things

KW - I would keep him - he got a year off basically to rest and come back fresh for one more year - he is the kind of player you need to make the playoffs

Harvin - If he can get healthy I would keep him - he was good when he was on the field and we need another all around receiver on the outside who excels with the deep ball since Tyrod throws it so well

Victor7
12-21-2015, 08:34 AM
I don't think Mario would stay even with a pay raise !! Him and Rex just don't see eye to eye. Its clear as day this next 2 games are his last in a Bills uni.

Bradham needs to be let go. He blows

McKelvin. Thankfully only 2 more games of him left as well

Harvin? Gone. What a ******ed experiment.

I don't think Kyle retires or gets cut. I think he comes back honestly.

I would also try to keep both Graham and Lawson but only at a certain price. If they become expensive show them the door. They are decent players but far from game changers. Graham has been getting worse by the minute.

more cowbell
12-21-2015, 08:47 AM
I posted this exact same thread about a month ago with Mario, Kyle, McKelvin being cut....and everyone...well nearly everyone thought I was nuts.

Funny what a month of Bills football can to do us.

Mr. Pink
12-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Cap effect:

Cutting:
Mario- 12.9
McKelvin- 3.9
Graham- 2.6

Kyle retires- 5

How much is Mario's cap hit if he's cut though? I know he can make a total of 15.3 next year if he was on the team and made all his incentives. I doubt we get basically full cap relief on the guy.

Over half of that 24.4 you say in cap room though is gone just on resigning Incognito and Glenn.

Buffalogic
12-21-2015, 08:57 AM
Mario makes 19+ mil next season. That 12.9 is actual savings.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Felton was a major disappointment.

How do you figure? The Bills have the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. His contract is pretty huge for a blocking only fullback, but I can't say he's underperformed when on the field.

Buffalogic
12-21-2015, 09:20 AM
How do you figure? The Bills have the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. His contract is pretty huge for a blocking only fullback, but I can't say he's underperformed when on the field.I see him whiff more than not.

Ed
12-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Players I think will be cut and their cap savings:

Mario - 12.9
McKelvin - 3.9
Carpenter - 1.8
Urbik - 1.8
Dixon - 1.2
Wynn - 1.0

Total savings = $22.6 mil. Dead money = $10.2

Other players that could represent significant savings, but I don't think will be cut:

K. Williams - 5.0
Graham - 2.7
Lawson - 2.7
E. Wood - 2.5

Cap savings = $12.9 mil. Dead cap = $10.4 mil. Except for Lawson the other guys all carry significant dead money too so I don't see them getting cut, and Lawson plays well for they money he makes and seems to be a good fit with the D, and Rex seems to be a fan too.

I think Gilmore will get a big extension, but it will lower his current 2016 cap hit of $11.0 mil.

I think the only free agents that get re-signed are Glenn and Incognito.

Ed
12-21-2015, 10:15 AM
How do you figure? The Bills have the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. His contract is pretty huge for a blocking only fullback, but I can't say he's underperformed when on the field.
He'd also count almost $2 mil in dead cap vs. only $350k in savings. It wouldn't really make any sense to cut him this year.

Mr. Miyagi
12-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Why is Dixon even on the team? He's not even good at special team. When we needed a RB we signed chumps off the street like Wood and Seale and bumped Gillislee instead of starting Dixon. What is he good for?

Buffalogic
12-21-2015, 10:49 AM
^ nothing now. Time to release him.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
12-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Good nickname though. Make him wear pink all year.

more cowbell
12-21-2015, 11:34 AM
This team sucks

GingerP
12-21-2015, 05:48 PM
If they cut Kyle Williams there will be teams lining up to sign him, and he will sign with a contender. I know he is getting older and was injured this year, but he had 3 straight pretty good years in a row before getting hurt this year. When right, he is very disruptive up front.

DraftBoy
12-21-2015, 05:53 PM

I can, he's routinely missed blocks and been standing around blocking air. I don't consider Felton to have played a major factor in our running attack.

Mace
12-21-2015, 05:55 PM
If they cut Kyle Williams there will be teams lining up to sign him, and he will sign with a contender. I know he is getting older and was injured this year, but he had 3 straight pretty good years in a row before getting hurt this year. When right, he is very disruptive up front.

Yeah, he anticipates snap counts, gap shooter, mean work ethic. Who wouldn't try and drop him into coverage and figure he's old and used up and could hurt people ?

New England.

Inevitability.

YardRat
12-21-2015, 06:01 PM
Lawson is the best fit on the outside the team has right now, I don't see him going anywhere. Also, the #1 rushing attack is inflated by QB yards...that doesn't impress me one bit.

Mace
12-21-2015, 06:03 PM
I can, he's routinely missed blocks and been standing around blocking air. I don't consider Felton to have played a major factor in our running attack.

I've never seen that, when he's been on the field, though he hasn't made play changing blocks in any case. But he hasn't been a major factor anyway because they barely use him. I mean why use Kouandjio as a make pretend TE instead of him.

They don't know what they're doing and don't use him anyway. Smells like Whaley, both in getting a pricey fullback they don't use and needing to use Kouandjio for something, anything, instead of the pricey fullback.

Felton just hasn't been a part of anything for better or worse.

Mace
12-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Lawson is the best fit on the outside the team has right now, I don't see him going anywhere. Also, the #1 rushing attack is inflated by QB yards...that doesn't impress me one bit.

Thing about Lawson is that he's 31. Looking at a Rexremodeling, they can find someone younger if he has a GM worth a crap. Adequate isn't such a high standard.

DraftBoy
12-21-2015, 06:14 PM
I've never seen that, when he's been on the field, though he hasn't made play changing blocks in any case. But he hasn't been a major factor anyway because they barely use him. I mean why use Kouandjio as a make pretend TE instead of him.

They don't know what they're doing and don't use him anyway. Smells like Whaley, both in getting a pricey fullback they don't use and needing to use Kouandjio for something, anything, instead of the pricey fullback.

Felton just hasn't been a part of anything for better or worse.

The unbalanced line has always been a Roman thing, he did it in SF too.

justasportsfan
12-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Kyle retires not cut

I think it's scheme driven.

Possibilities;

Harvin
Lawson
Graham
Felton
Lawson fits Rexys scheme well. Graham is playing well .He sticks especially if A Williams is gone

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Cut Rex Ryan

Buffalogic
12-21-2015, 07:45 PM
The thing about Kyle is he is coming off a season ending injury, he's old, and he's pricey. It's better to get rid of a guy like that a year too early than a year too late.

Mace
12-21-2015, 08:39 PM
The unbalanced line has always been a Roman thing, he did it in SF too.

Doesn't really say that he couldn't evolve and do it better though with the players available if they weren't trying frantically to make a use of Kouandjio.

DraftBoy
12-22-2015, 05:19 AM
Doesn't really say that he couldn't evolve and do it better though with the players available if they weren't trying frantically to make a use of Kouandjio.

Valid point.

Forward_Lateral
12-22-2015, 07:24 AM
2 guys I'd cut instantly:

Felton
Thigpen

Ingtar33
12-22-2015, 08:06 AM
The thing about Kyle is he is coming off a season ending injury, he's old, and he's pricey. It's better to get rid of a guy like that a year too early than a year too late.

wasn't this the argument given for getting rid of both ted washington and pat williams?

I seem to remember Ted Washington giving the NE patriots a couple of superbowls, and pat williams making 3 or 4 probowls while corner stoning one of the best dlines in football. Kyle Williams isn't that old, and DTs can be great into their mid/late 30s depending.

Buffalogic
12-22-2015, 08:06 AM
Oh yes, Thigpen is terrible. We need a real returner. Should have never brought this guy back. Denarious Moore was fumbling just fine for us.

Historian
12-22-2015, 08:07 AM
I could see KW redoing his contract for the betterment of the team though....he's that kind of guy.

Ingtar33
12-22-2015, 08:11 AM
I could see KW redoing his contract for the betterment of the team though....he's that kind of guy.

players tend to do this when their team is good and making the playoffs. If i was a player on the bills, even loving the team as much as I do, and i just went through 10 years of no playoffs; i would be thinking about my career/future at this point, and be looking to get the most $$ i can OR try to force my way out of town to get onto the packers, patriots, steelers, panthers, cardinals or some other superbowl favorite.

The last thing i would do is take a paycut to waste away the rest of my career in perpetual mediocrity.

Buffalogic
12-22-2015, 08:13 AM
^ No doubt about that. I think it's time to mutually separate for the better of both parties.

Historian
12-22-2015, 08:16 AM
players tend to do this when their team is good and making the playoffs. If i was a player on the bills, even loving the team as much as I do, and i just went through 10 years of no playoffs; i would be thinking about my career/future at this point, and be looking to get the most $$ i can OR try to force my way out of town to get onto the packers, patriots, steelers, panthers, cardinals or some other superbowl favorite.

The last thing i would do is take a paycut to waste away the rest of my career in perpetual mediocrity.

Maybe.

But his kids are in school here, he's a big part of the community, and he has a big heart.

I don't think it's inconceivable that he renegotiates.

Ed
12-22-2015, 09:08 AM
It doesn't really make sense to me that they would cut Kyle Williams. They just gave him an extension to add a year to his contract before this season. They had no reason to do that other than wanting to keep him here longer. I don't see why they would do that if they thought they might cut him after this year. He's a productive and versatile D-lineman with a very reasonable cap hit.

direbills
12-22-2015, 09:52 AM

I guess you would take a paycut for the betterment of your company if you are employed, right? Because you are "that kind of guy".

Ingtar33
12-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Maybe.

But his kids are in school here, he's a big part of the community, and he has a big heart.

I don't think it's inconceivable that he renegotiates.

and then get cut like FJ?

not with this GM, i wouldn't give them the time of day if they came calling for a paycut.

Luisito23
12-25-2015, 12:55 AM
he has a big heart.

LOL, I'm not saying he don't, but how do you know?...do you know him personally?...

VegasFan
12-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Gay, Carpenter gone. One kicker to do the job.