PDA

View Full Version : Rex Should Put His Money Where His BIG Mouth is

SpikedLemonade
12-21-2015, 08:03 AM
Rex should just come out and say if the Bills lose at home to his former Jets then he quits.

Enough with the over the top bravado from Monday to Thursday each week and then having your team perform like a meek mouse on game day.

If Rex really is as full of himself as he loudly pronounces 24/7 then he should man up and put his Buffalo career on the line against the Jets.

This blowhard took a 9-7 team that played a much harder schedule last year and then was upgraded significantly player talent wise on offence and somewhat on defense to a much worse record of between 6-10 and 8-8 this year. More importantly, as a self professed defensive guru, this team's defense has dramatically declined.

On the other hand, his former Jets without the same level of player talent upgrade went from 4-12 under Rex's command to a current 9-5.

It is clear now that despite Rex's pre-game entertainment value, Rex is a terrible game manager, his defensive schemes do not maximize existing player talent, he promotes an undisciplined team and is a poor evaluator of talent.

Rex's act has worn off fast in Buffalo and I don't believe most Bills fans want to hear his bullcrap any longer. I know I have been already tempted to hit the mute button when he is speaking on TV.

Rex, do the right thing and put your money where your mouth is. If your Bills can't beat your former Jets in Buffalo, please just resign.

cookie G
12-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Do you ever wonder if Rex is really still on Woody Johnson's payroll and this has all been an elaborate ruse by the Jets' organization?

That would be pure genius that not even Bellichick would consider.

gebobs
12-21-2015, 08:41 AM
i.e. stick it up his ass.

coastal
12-21-2015, 08:50 AM
This "organization" is the laughing stock of the league.

its been put together by Russ Brandon.

Victor7
12-21-2015, 09:02 AM
Rex should just come out and say if the Bills lose at home to his former Jets then he quits.

Enough with the over the top bravado from Monday to Thursday each week and then having your team perform like a meek mouse on game day.

If Rex really is as full of himself as he loudly pronounces 24/7 then he should man up and put his Buffalo career on the line against the Jets.

This blowhard took a 9-7 team that played a much harder schedule last year and then was upgraded significantly player talent wise on offence and somewhat on defense to a much worse record of between 6-10 and 8-8 this year. More importantly, as a self professed defensive guru, this team's defense has dramatically declined.

On the other hand, his former Jets without the same level of player talent upgrade went from 4-12 under Rex's command to a current 9-5.

It is clear now that despite Rex's pre-game entertainment value, Rex is a terrible game manager, his defensive schemes do not maximize existing player talent, he promotes an undisciplined team and is a poor evaluator of talent.

Rex's act has worn off fast in Buffalo and I don't believe most Bills fans want to hear his bullcrap any longer. I know I have been already tempted to hit the mute button when he is speaking on TV.

Rex, do the right thing and put your money where your mouth is. If your Bills can't beat your former Jets in Buffalo, please just resign.

I'm not defending Rex AT ALL. But the Jets upgraded and very much so. Marshall, Decker, Vickerson, Revis and Cromartie are all solid gets and a big part of why they are succeeding though it remains to be seen if they go to the post season.

Just wanted to put that out there.

But yeah your overall point is strong. We don't even need to get that deep into it. What he did with our defense alone is grounds for dismissal and eternal ridicule. The rest is just "gravy".

IlluminatusUIUC
12-21-2015, 09:13 AM
Do you ever wonder if Rex is really still on Woody Johnson's payroll and this has all been an elaborate ruse by the Jets' organization?

That would be pure genius that not even Bellichick would consider.

Look at what Josh McDaniels did to the Broncos before you say that.

Hell, this was his face just after he learned he was fired:
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/1206/20101206__20101207_A12_SP07BRONXMAIN.B~p1.JPG

"Job well done"

SpikedLemonade
12-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Look at what Josh McDaniels did to the Broncos before you say that.

Hell, this was his face just after he learned he was fired:
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/1206/20101206__20101207_A12_SP07BRONXMAIN.B~p1.JPG

"Job well done"

Perhaps Rex is doing the same.

Cleve
12-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Ryan is on WGR right now - he was asked about the fact that Mario Williams only has 4 sacks this year - he said it's just the nature of sacks.

He is saying very little. Or he knows very little, or both. LOL

coastal
12-21-2015, 03:15 PM
How money would it have been if he came out and said, "What did you expect to get from Fool's Gold?"

DynaPaul
12-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Also, Fitzpatrick was an upgrade over Geno.

Cleve
12-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Can we crowd-fund a "Fire Rex Ryan" billboard in Buffalo?

YardRat
12-21-2015, 04:01 PM
All talk, no walk. Wrecks sucks.

Mace
12-21-2015, 04:48 PM
No real reason for Ryan to put his money where his mouth is. He talked his way into the salary, talked his way through the season, will talk his way through the failure. Loves to talk, doesn't care what he's talking about, and is getting paid to keep doing it. It's always someone elses fault though he'll pretend to take blame while blaming something else.

There's no stress to succeed, he's getting paid anyway, he'll just keep talking, having the time of his life.

His mouth is already where his money is, no need to change it, he doesn't change anything anyway.

Turf
12-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Rex is all talk. What happened to the bully, you know, the bully, that couldn't run the ball in from the 1 yard line 3 times? You who like Roman, where was the FB? Why did we get one? Why is Shady 4 yards behind the LOS with no FB. He was a sitting duck. Who calls a jump ball play on 4th down from the 1 yard line? ****ing awful play calling. When asked about it Rex said no, we liked what we saw. He's a goddamn tool.

justasportsfan
12-21-2015, 06:43 PM
I'm not defending Rex AT ALL. But the Jets upgraded and very much so. Marshall, Decker, Vickerson, Revis and Cromartie are all solid gets and a big part of why they are succeeding though it remains to be seen if they go to the post season.

Just wanted to put that out there.

But yeah your overall point is strong. We don't even need to get that deep into it. What he did with our defense alone is grounds for dismissal and eternal ridicule. The rest is just "gravy".

The jets HC built on what he inherited, Rexy did the opposite. He destroyed a very good defensive unit.

He destroyed the talent by making them undisciplined.

Bill Cody
12-21-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm tired of hearing him, looking at him, tired of him being a topic of conversation. Only Peg can end our long national nightmare

Cleve
12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
I'm tired of hearing him, looking at him, tired of him being a topic of conversation. Only Peg can end our long national nightmare

Well, he could, but it's unlikely to happen. After all he's the one who hired the old foot-fondler.

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2015, 10:06 PM
He doesn't have the balls to do the right thing and admit he lied to the Pegulas and the fans. ****ing big dummy ******ed a-hole.

SpikedLemonade
12-22-2015, 04:51 PM
He doesn't have the balls to do the right thing and admit he lied to the Pegulas and the fans. ****ing big dummy ******ed a-hole.

Pretty definite opinion here.

swiper
12-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Also, Fitzpatrick was an upgrade over Geno.

And in Buffalo we replaced Fitz with EJ Manuel.

Cleve
12-24-2015, 07:18 AM
EJ Manuel.

Who? Has there ever been a more invisible first-round draft pick? Great work by Whaley and Nix, huh?