The Rock of Gibralter could adapt faster than this defensive staff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

The Rock of Gibralter could adapt faster than this defensive staff...

WAS lined up back-up OT Tom Compton as an extra blocker (and eligible receiver) fourteen times, starting with their first play from scrimmage. It worked to the tune of a paltry two qb hurries and 1 sack against Cousins. As well as 3 td passes by same. I have never seen a stat like that.

How is it possible that this defensive staff offered no answer????

The ugly facts:

(14:56) T.Compton reported in as eligible. A.Morris up the middle to WAS 18 for 2 yards (C.Bryant).
    (13:58) T.Compton reported in as eligible. A.Morris right tackle to WAS 26 for 1 yard (M.Williams; P.Brown).
    (10:55) T.Compton reported in as eligible. A.Morris right end to BUF 19 for 9 yards (B.Rambo, J.Hughes).
    (9:28) T.Compton reported in as eligible. K.Cousins pass short right to J.Reed for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
    (:24) T.Compton reported in as eligible. K.Cousins pass short left to D.Jackson pushed ob at BUF 38 for 8 yards (L.McKelvin).
    (15:00) T.Compton reported in as eligible. M.Jones left tackle to BUF 37 for 1 yard (J.Hughes, S.Charles).
    (10:33) T.Compton reported in as eligible. K.Cousins pass deep left to J.Reed to BUF 32 for 24 yards (B.Rambo; C.Graham).
    (8:53) T.Compton reported in as eligible. K.Cousins pass deep left to D.Jackson for 77 yards, TOUCHDOWN
    (3:03) T.Compton reported in as eligible. A.Morris up the middle to WAS 32 for 3 yards (P.Brown).
    (15:00) T.Compton reported in as eligible. A.Morris left tackle to WAS 46 for 2 yards (C.Bryant; P.Brown).
    (12:57) T.Compton reported in as eligible. M.Jones left guard to BUF 36 for 4 yards (C.Graham).
    (12:18) T.Compton reported in as eligible. M.Jones left end to BUF 23 for 13 yards (C.Graham).
    (11:21) T.Compton reported in as eligible. K.Cousins pass short left to P.Garcon for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN
    (5:13) T.Compton reported in as eligible. M.Jones left end to WAS 42 for 2 yards (C.Bryant; T.Barnes).

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Rock of Gibralter could adapt faster than this defensive staff...

uh ... pretty sure max protect is supposed to a formation that doesn't allow pressure. I don't understand your point.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Re: The Rock of Gibralter could adapt faster than this defensive staff...

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
      uh ... pretty sure max protect is supposed to a formation that doesn't allow pressure. I don't understand your point.
      uh...pretty sure most any other club's defensive staff would have detected what WAS was doing - daring the BUF staff to counter their move. All game long, BUF suffered that max protect, did squat to combat it. Big-dollar babies Mario and Jerry did nothing.

Add in that what with WAS putting in an extra OL, that was one less potential wr for the BUF backfield to cover. Which they evidently couldn't do..

The WAS OC staff lifted their leg and piddled on the unresponsive BUF defensive staff all game long. Safety or cornerback blitz, anyone?

Understand my point?
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
      X