PDA

View Full Version : Draft Order: Bills currently pick 16th

Ed
12-22-2015, 09:46 AM
The Bills are tied with six other teams right now at 6-8. Tiebreaker for draft order is SOS with the weaker SOS picking first. Here's the current order with two games to play:

1. Titans
2. Browns
3. Ravens
4. Chargers
5. Cowboys
6. 49ers
7. Dolphins
8. Jaguars
9. Saints
10. Lions
11. Bears
12. Bucs
13. Giants
14. Raiders
15. Eagles
16. Bills
17. Colts
18. Rams
19. Falcons

If the Bills win their last two games, the lowest they can pick is 19th. Even if they lose their last two it's highly unlikely that they would move into the top 10. My guess is they'll finish 7-9 and move up one or two spots.

Who saw the Ravens, Chargers, and Cowboys all possibly picking in the top 5 this year? Pretty crazy.

coastal
12-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Best available CB

Mr. Pink
12-22-2015, 09:50 AM
If they stay around 16, Shaq Lawson or Robert Nkemdiche are very strong possibilities...

Both DEs and Mario will need to be replaced.

jimmifli
12-22-2015, 09:51 AM
Best available CB

**** in a Jar.

Ed
12-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Right now I would guess they're more likely to go defense than offense. The only offensive position I could see them going with in the first would be OL, but only if they feel uncertain about Seantrel Henderson. I'm assuming Glenn and Incognito will be re-signed.

trapezeus
12-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Best available CB

only If he is also a punt returner as well.

Albany,n.y.
12-22-2015, 10:17 AM
I'd like to see the defense for a fan rooting for the Bills to win the last 2, when losing out benefits our draft status.

Remember something that separates you from the players, coaches & management-You are there for the long haul. You were there before them & you'll be there after them. They are obligated to try to win every game because it's their jobs. You should be rooting for the thing that will help the team win a Super Bowl in the future. Any win at this point is meaningless to anyone whose job isn't to try to win. If you believe you are under the same obligation to win meaningless games you are delusional & have crossed the line into thinking you're an employee of the team.

As a fan I would rather see them move past teams that might get the impact player that we'll be too far down to get. It's happened many times, where the team got aced out of a player because they won too many meaningless games in an otherwise dismal season. The worst case was the year the Bills drafted behind Pittsburgh and couldn't trade up for Roethlisberger before Pittsburgh grabbed him, panicked and traded up for JP, then watched as Aaron Rodgers dropped beyond the pick they had traded away for JP the next year. Winning meaningless games is useless and fans should understand that, getting a higher draft choice can make a team a champion.

Don't give me any of that real fans want a victory every game, that's BS. Real fans want to watch a team win or at least contend for championships. 6-10 to 8-8 seasons have put us in this position-watching other teams every year in the playoffs. Right now 6-10 is better than 8-8.

trapezeus
12-22-2015, 10:32 AM
I don't see this team having any fight left. they are a complete disaster with a leader who doesn't know how to lead in adverse times. unless the cowboys and jets fail to make the trip, they are beating the bills and the only way it is close is if they take their foot off the gas.

Bill Cody
12-22-2015, 10:40 AM
where does 6-10 get us cuz that's where this team is headed

The King
12-22-2015, 10:47 AM
LBer.

Ed
12-22-2015, 11:07 AM
where does 6-10 get us cuz that's where this team is headed

I would guess 11th or 12th.

Yasgur's Farm
12-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Well... QB
Teams who will go quality QB are Browns, 49ers, Eagles... Teams possibly looking for QB's would be Saints, Jags, Bears, Cowboys.
If I'm Whaley... I think I try to trade ahead of 49ers for Lynch or Goff... Or wait for Cook at 16.

Scumbag College
12-22-2015, 11:39 AM
As much as I like Tyrod, I don't think he's going to be the franchise QB here for the next 10 years. I really like Cook, he's been productive and a three year starter at a top tier program. He's a rust belt kid, too. I'm all for taking a chance on him.

Mr. Pink
12-22-2015, 12:21 PM
Well... QB
Teams who will go quality QB are Bears, 49ers, Eagles... Teams possibly looking foe QB's would be Saints, Jags, Bears, Eagles, Cowboys.
If I'm Whaley... I think I try to trade ahead of 49ers for Lynch or Goff... Or wait for Cook at 16.

I've been seeing mocks with Cleveland taking Lynch, regardless of where they pick in the top 3.

Night Train
12-22-2015, 12:48 PM
As much as I like Tyrod, I don't think he's going to be the franchise QB here for the next 10 years. I really like Cook, he's been productive and a three year starter at a top tier program. He's a rust belt kid, too. I'm all for taking a chance on him.
He's a major diva and there's lots of questions surrounding him. Watched him many times and I'm just not sure.

Yasgur's Farm
12-22-2015, 02:12 PM
I've been seeing mocks with Cleveland taking Lynch, regardless of where they pick in the top 3.

Yup... I agree... I meant Browns, not Bears.

X-Era
12-22-2015, 02:28 PM
I'm personally not a fan of taking any of the QB prospects in the 1st round this year.

If I had to pick right now I'd like a LB'er and I'd really like Myles Jack.

But what happens on the team will have a huge impact.

If Mario and Kyle are gone and Rex stays I wouldn't mind guys like A'Shawn Robinson, maybe Ogbah.

jimmifli
12-22-2015, 02:34 PM
So how good are the QBs we will pass on?

YardRat
12-22-2015, 04:23 PM
Nkemdiche will be long gone before we draft, regardless of where we end up.

coastal
12-22-2015, 04:56 PM
I really could care less

swiper
12-22-2015, 05:01 PM
How 'bout them 49ers, eh?

sudzy
12-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Best available CB

Hopefully one that can return kicks

sudzy
12-22-2015, 05:13 PM
only If he is also a punt returner as well.

You beat me. I guess I should read the whole thread before replying.

coastal
12-22-2015, 05:13 PM
How 'bout them 49ers, eh?
none of it.

The Jokeman
12-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Well... QB
Teams who will go quality QB are Browns, 49ers, Eagles... Teams possibly looking for QB's would be Saints, Jags, Bears, Cowboys.

While the Eagles need a QB, I can't see Chip drafting one early since none of them fit his affection for running QBs unless he reached for Cardale Jones. In terms of the Bills. I'd take Cook if he fell to us or even his LT Jack Conklin might be an option pending what happens with Glenn as an UFA.

sudzy
12-25-2015, 04:20 AM
Well... QB

Finally given up on EJ? Well, being able to admit you were wrong is a step in the right direction.

Yasgur's Farm
12-25-2015, 07:18 AM
Nobody (that includes TT) has stood out as the franchise guy... We need to keep dipping until somebody does.

sudzy
12-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Nobody (that includes TT) has stood out as the franchise guy... We need to keep dipping until somebody does.

That's kind of what I said when I want to draft Bridgewater in the draft after EJ's. And I was killed for that. It's like we are going to try a "will" a QB out of this horrible draft class, then we are going to refuse to talk about going and getting anyone with real potential until after after the bubble has burst on our hope and a prayer QB.

SpikedLemonade
12-25-2015, 08:57 AM
Drafting anything other than an OL in the 1st round will assure the stupidity continues.

Luisito23
12-25-2015, 09:30 AM
Lose out and draft the best QB available (if any)

sudzy
12-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Drafting anything other than an OL in the 1st round will assure the stupidity continues.

If there is a true NFL QB there, you have to grab him. Other then that I agree. The Bills won't. Sign Tutan Reyes and it's all fixed

SpikedLemonade
12-25-2015, 10:40 AM
If there is a true NFL QB there, you have to grab him. Other then that I agree. The Bills won't. Sign Tutan Reyes and it's all fixed

I am all for drafting a QB early and often but I just don't see one worthwhile dropping to us this year in the 1st round.

This OL will need to be completely rebuilt over the next 2 years if Miller is a bust. We are lucky if we get two more years out of Incognito assuming the steroid rage is kept in check.

Mr. Pink
12-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Nkemdiche will be long gone before we draft, regardless of where we end up.

You really think so?

I don't see how or why he'd go top 10...unless no QBs are drafted prior to that.

YardRat
12-25-2015, 11:33 AM
You really think so?

I don't see how or why he'd go top 10...unless no QBs are drafted prior to that.

Yeah, I think he works himself into the top 10.

Mace
12-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Best available CB

That he coverts to a safety.