PDA

View Full Version : The Defense is bad because the players don't know what to do

Buffalogic
12-22-2015, 01:22 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/corey-graham-has-a-message-for-mario-williams/

The communication has been an ongoing problem, we know this. Maybe Rex is getting beat up too much for the player's mistakes? There's a lot of times the players are in position to make the plays and just don't. I mean a clear example of this in the last game was the Desean Jackson touchdown. Two dudes were there to cover him and failed miserably.

mightysimi
12-22-2015, 01:37 PM
Switching the scheme in the middle of the season can't be a recipe for good communication and scheme knowledge.

Joe Fo Sho
12-22-2015, 01:59 PM
So will they win either of their final two games, home contests against the Cowboys and Jets?

“We’re not going to win because we’re not good right now,” Graham said.

Well that's inspiring.

Mace
12-22-2015, 02:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/22/corey-graham-has-a-message-for-mario-williams/

Maybe Rex is getting beat up too much for the player's mistakes?

I don't think he's even close to getting beat up enough for what he's done here with the defense.

Look at what the defense did to Brady. Look at what they didn't much do to anyone else. Even with his stupid ideas of dropping Kyle and Dareus into coverage, there's no excuse for his crap defensive game plans and poor preparation, lack of adjustments and lack of focus.

You drop your pass rushers into coverage and pass rush with your coverage guys, which is senseless since the pass rushers were fine and so were the coverage guys when doing what they're supposed to.

Nah, Ryan can't get beat up enough in my view.

Buffalogic
12-22-2015, 02:17 PM
The D was all over Brady in game two. We smoked the Jets as well. It looks like it can work, but not if the players are confused most of the time. Communication and understanding may be the biggest problems, not scheme or personnel. More experience in the system may yield better results.