• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

The Buffalo Bills control Rex Ryan's fate

We can speculate all we want about what happens to Rex in the off season. The team has not moved forward under him (this season), whether he's headed in the right direction or not is any ones guess. However the Buffalo Bills can make a statement, they can go out and battle for "a player's coach" or they can rollover and quit. If it's the ladder I don't think the Pegulas have a choice. He has to go there would simply be too much to do to regain his trust in this locker room. If the players quit you also have to take a long hard look at Whaley and only they know how much skin he had in hiring Ryan.

If they fight these are both very winnable games, they should win them both. Then you have to take a moderate look at his needs/demands. We can't go all in and alter this roster to fit Rex's scheme after a lackluster 8-8 season. So we address the trouble areas in the draft and try again next year. This will not be an off season of big spending, but house keeping, resigning our own guys and filling holes with 2nd and 3rd tier FAs and draft.

No matter which side of the fence you sit on the players control their own fate in this one. My gut is saying we're looking at a 6-10 football team.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: The Buffalo Bills control Rex Ryan's fate

I'll wait to see the games. Dallas is pretty bad.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

They're bringing in a football czar-he'll decide the fates of both Whaley & Ryan. Nothing happens until the czar is finished with his evaluations.

Comment

• starrymessenger
        • Oct 2009

Jehovah controls Wrecks fate.
        Jehovah is a Bills fan and he's mightily pissed off.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

oh for the love of god. what is wrong with you people? NO owner is going to ax a coach after year one of a 5 year contract. Rex is not going anywhere for at least 3 years.
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• starrymessenger
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
            oh for the love of god. what is wrong with you people? NO owner is going to ax a coach after year one of a 5 year contract. Rex is not going anywhere for at least 3 years.
            Does anyone owns the Cleveland Browns?

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
              I'll wait to see the games. Dallas is pretty bad.
              They're a good team without a qb.

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                They're bringing in a football czar-he'll decide the fates of both Whaley & Ryan. Nothing happens until the czar is finished with his evaluations.

ROFL. What? You got inside information that Ted Black is coming back to oversee the Bills? The "czar" idea is pure stupidity. Never works. Follow Mike Holmgren's career moves to see. I don't know where some of you are coming up with such ideas.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Football czar is lingo for a hopefully competent GM to oversee the current incompetent GM and self-absorbed coach.

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                    Football czar is lingo for a hopefully competent GM to oversee the current incompetent GM and self-absorbed coach.

Ding-ding-ding. We have a winner.

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

I personally think they'll run for the bus. It's not going to make Pegula can him though, and you can already see the pattern developing.

It will give Ryan the license to get rid of players and bring in Ryan Men. A license to ill.

Ryan controls their fates, and if they don't care it tells you something.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

It seems pretty clear that this team is devoid of leadership. That points squarely at Rex. I'll be shocked if Pegula doesn't do something to fix it.

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                          It seems pretty clear that this team is devoid of leadership. That points squarely at Rex. I'll be shocked if Pegula doesn't do something to fix it.
                          He will, he'll let Whaley and Ryan struggle to bring in Rexmen and get rid of whoever.

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                            I don't know without Freddy and Kyle, it's not all on rex.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mace
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              I don't know without Freddy and Kyle, it's not all on rex.
                              Ryan has enough oomph to keep them from getting rid of anyone if he spoke up.

Comment

Working...
                              X