PDA

View Full Version : Bills hoisting the white flag?

stuckincincy
12-22-2015, 07:23 PM
"Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Buffalo Bills Jacob Maxwell practice squad addition from Lions
Buffalo Bills Marcus Thigpen cut
Buffalo Bills Robert Woods Placed on IR, groin
Buffalo Bills Randell Johnson Placed on IR, high ankle sprain
Buffalo Bills Zac Dysert practice squad addition from Texans
Buffalo Bills Jerel Worthy Activated from the Practice Squad
Buffalo Bills Greg Salas signed from Lions
Buffalo Bills Walt Powell Activated from the Practice Squad
Buffalo Bills Dezmin Lewis Activated from the Practice Squad
Buffalo Bills Seantrel Henderson reserve/non-football-injury"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/

Typ0
12-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Yeah the guys on the practice squad can get some much needed experience!

YardRat
12-22-2015, 08:16 PM
Let the rebuild begin in earnest.

Yet another Bills' season will end not with a bang, but a whimper.

Mace
12-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Hm, Dysert is an interesting add. Not dazzling, interesting.

stuckincincy
12-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Let the rebuild begin in earnest.

Yet another Bills' season will end not with a bang, but a whimper.

Given that the fans will get to see the Bills' jv squad this coming Sunday, I suggest they have a 10-cent beer party ala Cleveland's, so many years ago:

The 10 Cent Beer Night:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end..

WagonCircler
12-22-2015, 11:35 PM
Ralph Wilson Stadium - Home of annual exhibition games in August and December.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-22-2015, 11:46 PM
Yeah, it's the time of year where asking a player to go through injury isn't worth it. I do expect Rex to throw everything he has at the Jets though, especially if a win gets them to the dance.

- - - Updated - - -

Buffalo Bills Zac Dysert practice squad addition from Texans

I remember discussions about drafting him on this board. Wonder if he's got anything worth seeing?

stuckincincy
12-23-2015, 12:37 AM
Not much of a pedigree:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zac_Dysert

A look-see player. I suppose. :mehmeh:

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2015, 06:08 AM
Dysert is interesting.

Victor7
12-23-2015, 08:25 AM
All that's left is for Sammy and Taylor to continue to form a connection and maybe spoil the Jets chances if it comes to that next week.

Nothing left to do or play for.

ParanoidAndroid
12-23-2015, 11:44 AM
Glad to see Lewis activated. Hogan has been a disappointment. We need a reliable 3rd down slot guy and a true possession type target besides Clay. I liked what Woods was doing the last few games, but like everything else good, it was short-lived.

justasportsfan
12-23-2015, 12:07 PM
Glad to see Lewis activated. Hogan has been a disappointment. We need a reliable 3rd down slot guy and a true possession type target besides Clay. I liked what Woods was doing the last few games, but like everything else good, it was short-lived.

thats on the qb . He's not a good field general at this point being inexperienced.

sukie
12-23-2015, 12:15 PM
So if we lose out... draft pick slot better than selecting 16?

feldspar
12-23-2015, 12:18 PM
You don't have to surrender when you are already dead.

The effort wasn't there last week, as far as I saw. A game is still a game, though. If we see a run-for-the-bus mentality over these last two games, fans will be even more upset than they are already, especially the ones that shelled out perfectly good money for tickets and all the other fees that go along with going to the game. Goes without saying.

But Whaley had better already have his eye on next year, which seems to be the case.

sukie
12-23-2015, 12:21 PM
I threw up the white flag after the JAX game. The flag was me merely surrendering to the fact that I was correct and 7-9 was probably it. All hope for a surprise died that day. Just making the playoffs is a nice way of saying... We suck a little less so we'll accept a crappy 1st round slot as compensation.

trapezeus
12-23-2015, 03:02 PM
it's the right move to get to 6-10. but its also a sign that rex knows he's safe. if he wasn't...he would be doing a marrone and trying to get the wins to meet some low level metric to say that he is good. The bills will stand by ryan. this talk of the pegula's talking to outsiders will not yield long term answers. just more yes men quotes. The bills will try a rebuild once they can dump ryan more cheaply.

is ted Nolan available for a tank or two?