Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

After Rex Was Hired, Mario Williams Said, "This Is My Call-In: Will Linebacker"

He's been moaning and groaning about the Bills defense all season long.

Be careful of what you wish for, Mario. Your wish was granted, and now you're blaming everyone but yourself for not being very good this year.

Mario Williams wanted to play Will Linebacker this season, but now he's being a total hypocrite.

Nice job, Mario. Shows great leadership.

Mario Williams is undergoing yet another coaching change as he enters his 10th season in the NFL. A switch to linebacker has the veteran defender excited heading into the offseason in Buffalo.

Right after the Bills signed Rex Ryan, Mario Williams said he was excited to move back to linebacker.

"I look forward to it," he said. "So hopefully if (Ryan) hears this, this is my call-in: Will Linebacker. So hopefully it works out."

A linebacker (LB) is a position in American football that was invented by football coach Fielding H. Yost of the University of Michigan.[1] Linebackers are members of the defensive team, and line up approximately three to five yards (4 m) behind the line of scrimmage, behind the defensive linemen. Linebackers generally align themselves before the ball is snapped by standing upright in a "two point stance" (as opposed to the defensive linemen, who put one or two hands on the ground for a "three p

The weakside linebacker, or the "Will," is often the one called into pass coverage.
  • streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Re: After Rex Was Hired, Mario Williams Said, "This Is My Call-In: Will Linebacker"

We've gotten all we can out of Mario......he's been a good player for us but it's run its course. Wish him the best with his new team as long as it's not in the division.
    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Re: After Rex Was Hired, Mario Williams Said, "This Is My Call-In: Will Linebacker"

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
      We've gotten all we can out of Mario......he's been a good player for us but it's run its course. Wish him the best with his new team as long as it's not in the division.
      Who cares if he stays in the division? He's about done.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

My favorite Mario moment still might be the first game against the Jets... where he whined post game that the Jets RT was punching him in the mouth and the ref wasn't calling it.

Comment

Working...
        X