PDA

View Full Version : Perennial list of quotes of Bills' fans at the end of the season

Mr. Cynical
12-27-2015, 04:15 PM
To name a few (add more of your faves):

"Let's hope we lose out for a good draft spot."
"Our head coach should get fired."
"Our GM should get fired."
"We need to get a real QB next year."

Have almost forgotten what it felt like to say..

"Need one more win for home field advantage"
"Probably should rest some guys for the playoffs"
"Feeling good about the team's chances"
"Stay focused, don't get caught up in all the wins. Playoffs are 1 and done if you lose"

Mace
12-27-2015, 04:46 PM
"We're only a couple players away."
"They need some experience in the new system."
"One more draft and we're there."
"It's not the coach's fault"
"It's not the GM's fault"
"Ralph is cheap."
"organization needs tuning"
"girlfriend lost my lucky zubaz"
"That damned Brandon"
"those damned injuries"
"it was about scheme"
"20 points here and there and we're 12-4"
"damn refs"
"next year"

SpikedLemonade
12-27-2015, 04:47 PM
My favourite is "the NFL does not want a Buffalo based team to succeed".

YardRat
12-27-2015, 05:03 PM
"Oh well, there's always next year".

Granted, that's been more of a 3/4's of the way into the season the last 16 years, but can it still count?

Night Train
12-27-2015, 05:05 PM
" Why aren't we laying down for the exact science known as The Draft ! "

Mad Bomber
12-27-2015, 05:15 PM
"Op was right again"

cookie G
12-27-2015, 06:07 PM
"Russ isn't involved in football decisions"

"you have to give him 3 years...and 3 drafts to build his 'scheme'"

"you can always find linemen in the later rounds"

"go find another bandwagon to jump on"

Scumbag College
12-27-2015, 07:28 PM
"I'm done with football until the preseason. I'm not watching the playoffs, Super Bowl, or the draft. I'm done with BZ til Training Camp."

"Why don't they hire Bill Cowher? And maybe bring in Jim Kelly for OC and Bruce Smith as DC."

"Why don't they sign in free agency a franchise QB, #2 WR, three starting OL, a couple of pro bowl LBs and DLs, and trade a 6th round pick for Revis? What is Whaley doing?"

"Why did they sign that FA for that money? We overpaid!"

"Why didn't they sign the other FA?"

"Is it the season yet? The Sabres are out of the playoffs and the NBA and baseball sucks."

"3-13 here we come."

sukie
12-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Maybe someone really old can right the ship. After all he was here in the early 90s

Victor7
12-28-2015, 09:45 AM
My favorites are the ones when we don't resign a good player

He doesn't want to be here
He's a diva with a bad attitude hurting the locker room
We can pay 3 more players with his salary
We have to save because player X's and player Y's deals are up next year
He's overrated
Back up guy is just as good

This is the MO every time we let someone walk. See Clement Nate, Winfield Antoine, Peters Jason, Byrd Jairus, Greer Jabari et all

I expect this conversation to be had once Gilmore's deal is up. Maybe even with Cordy Glenn.

YardRat
12-28-2015, 06:48 PM
Nate Clements wasn't worth the money, and Jairus Byrd absolutely was WAY overrated. Winfield, Peters and Greer should have been re-signed.

stuckincincy
12-28-2015, 07:27 PM
Nate Clements wasn't worth the money, and Jairus Byrd absolutely was WAY overrated. Winfield, Peters and Greer should have been re-signed.

Good memory re Clements:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Clements

He was one of the few that made a credible switch to safety, though. did a good job his last 2 seasons with CIN.

Victor7
12-29-2015, 09:57 AM

I wasn't really passing judgment on whether it was right or not to resign.

Just listing out the go to comments of the homer crowd that never ever thinks OBD does wrong.

SpikedLemonade
12-29-2015, 11:51 AM
"Good starting OL can be found in the 6th and 7th round."

OpIv37
12-29-2015, 01:42 PM
My favourite is "the NFL does not want a Buffalo based team to succeed".

Eh, the NFL doesn't care who wins. They care how much money they make.

Unfortunately, Buffalo is a small market that is saturated. Just like any other team, they will make more money when they win, but the difference between they amount they make when they win and the amount they make when they lose isn't that great. I live 400 miles from Buffalo and the Bills haven't been in the playoffs in 16 years, but I still see people with Bills hats/shirts/bumper stickers etc. And there are 3 Bills Bars in DC/Northern VA and 1 in Baltimore that are packed every game day (although they do tend to thin out toward the end of bad seasons).

Contrast that, with say New England. Boston is a bigger city with more professional sports teams that is primarily a baseball town. The difference between what the league makes when NE wins and when they lose is HUGE. No one gave a **** about that team when they were terrible for most of the 80's and 90's. The fans slowly flocked back when Bledsoe came but didn't really return until Brady won in 03.

So, the league definitely has preferred outcomes. What can they do about it? During the game or the season, not a whole lot. I think the refs know the league has preferred outcomes so teams like NE are more likely to get questionable calls than teams like Buffalo, but they can't blatantly officiate the game to favor the preferred outcome because it'll be too obvious.

What the league can, and does, do is things like inconsistent suspensions for certain players, and refusal/impotence to punish repeated cheating.