PDA

View Full Version : Which rookie will be the most impressive?

Tatonka
07-23-2003, 11:06 PM
i am going out on a limb here..

McGee... for some reason.. i have a gut feeling about him. i think he may end up a starter somewhere.. possibly FS..

crazier things have happened.. nobody thought that wire would be suiting up to start on opening day last year.

Aero II
07-24-2003, 05:44 AM
I hope it's Kelsay. I wnat it to be a very difficult decission as to who starts at DE.

I think it will be Aiken. He'll be the #3 WR by mid season.

Jan Reimers
07-24-2003, 06:19 AM
Also hope it's Kelsay, but think Crowell will be very good.

TypicalBill
07-24-2003, 06:26 AM
I think Crowell will really make a big difference on ST and i think he'll lead the ST unit in tackles.

I also think, like Aero II said, that Aiken will eventually own the 3rd WR spot.. he's just too good to sit on the bench all year.. He's got the perfect size for a slot WR and will be a mismatch when facing a safety.. his size is very appealing.

Tatonka
07-24-2003, 07:10 AM
aiken reminds me of jeremy mcdaniel.. big, good hands, fast enough, but not a burner.. remember when mcdaniel flourished, and it looked as if he was going to be a darn good wr? he looked great one year.. then got dinged up, and never got out of the funk.

WG
07-24-2003, 12:01 PM
I gotta look at it like this:

It's gonna be a player who stands a chance of starting.

That leaves Crowell out on D.

It also leaves Aiken and McGee out. WRs and CBs simply don't do much in the NFL as rookies even if given the chance. Only really special ones do. There's too much speed opposite them.

I'll say one of two players:

Either Crowell on STs as I think he has some very serious propensity on STs but won't be nearly good enough or experienced enough to play LB well yet.

Or it will be Sobieski. I simply don't see us being as fortunate as we were last season insofar as injuries went. We didn't lose a man-game on the interior OL. Assuming someone gets hurt, Sobieski may impress more than last season's 7th rounder Pucillo.

R. Rich
07-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Also hope it's Kelsay, but think Crowell will be very good.

After hearing Al Groh talk so good about how well he can play and after seeing so much about how tough he is and how hard he can hit, I am very anxious to see Crowell play.

Voltron
07-24-2003, 12:38 PM
You all forgot about the fastest long snapper to come out of college in years! Jon Dorenbos is filling a position where we needed some help at.

If you haven't read the story on him I highly recomend it. It may even bring a tear to your eye. This kid has gone through alot in his life.

Check it out (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/camp2003/story02.shtml)

Aero II
07-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
You all forgot about the fastest long snapper to come out of college in years! Jon Dorenbos is filling a position where we needed some help at.

Good point Voltron. I was only considering the Draft Picks. I also like Dorenbos. However, I do think that either a WR who will be in on our 3rd downs or a DE pressuring the QB and chasing after RBs will have more of an impact thatn a long snapper.

Voltron
07-24-2003, 12:50 PM
I bet I know some Giants fans that would disagree with you :evil:

WG
07-24-2003, 12:57 PM
250's kinda light!

As well, he can hurl a deep snap, but can he block?

lordofgun
07-24-2003, 01:09 PM
The sad thing is...

Willis McGahee will be the most impressive, and he won't even step on the field.

:couch:

:jk:

R. Rich
07-24-2003, 01:24 PM
I wonder just how quickly the two sides can come to terms on a fair contract for McGahee. He needs to understand that the injury should play a major factor in determining the figures while the Bills should realize that even though he had the injury, they drafted him 23rd overall and must feel he's worthy of such a high pick. Somewhere in the middle, these two sides need to meet.

G. Host
07-24-2003, 01:55 PM
He will come in as a substitute guard whether because we are playing from far ahead and resting a starter or injury and will overwhelm staff with his ability and keep job.

Aero II
07-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
He will come in as a substitute guard whether because we are playing from far ahead and resting a starter or injury and will overwhelm staff with his ability and keep job.
Isn't Sape a DT?

MDFINFAN
07-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
The sad thing is...

Willis McGahee will be the most impressive, and he won't even step on the field.

:couch:

:jk:

You beat me to the point..yououououuo

TaTonka, that's not saying much for you draft picks. Even we think a couple of ours will make an impact and we really don't have any openings, except maybe the Greenwood\ Moore battle at OLB.:sick:

Tatonka
07-24-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

TaTonka, that's not saying much for you draft picks. Even we think a couple of ours will make an impact and we really don't have any openings, except maybe the Greenwood\ Moore battle at OLB.:sick:

actually, i was just pointing out that i have a special feeling about mcgee... not slighting our other picks.. :club: