• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

**** you very much, Ralph.

So I finally watched the 30 for 30.

When you look back on what has happened to this franchise since 1990, there are a lot of moments that you could say set the stage for the future: Norwood's miss, Thurman's fumble in the 2nd half of the final Super Bowl, the losses as a whole, the Music City Mirage..... but now that I think about it, the one that stings the most is the release of Bill Polian.

Ralph put the blame on the wrong guy.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Victor7
    • Jul 2013

Re: **** you very much, Ralph.

I'm with you on the **** Ralph C Wilson

I know its petty to talk about the ones not here anymore but that guy was such a Dbag to this team. Always about his coin and never about the team. Cheap old ****.

I always said that I was 100% sure we would never, ever see the post season as long as he lived. That went on to be true. In fact part of his stench remains. See Brandon Russ, Whaley Doug, Overdorf Jim

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

That 30 for 30 was revealing in that Polian was told before the 1992 season he was done AFTER the season was over... That has to be rare a GM staying on a whole year knowing he was done after the season... I think it was MACE who said a few days ago Polian was getting restless and neede d a change anyway and might have left soon anyway

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
        That 30 for 30 was revealing in that Polian was told before the 1992 season he was done AFTER the season was over... That has to be rare a GM staying on a whole year knowing he was done after the season... I think it was MACE who said a few days ago Polian was getting restless and neede d a change anyway and might have left soon anyway
        I can't help but think that Ralph told him to win the SB or he was done, even if they didn't say it.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
          I'm with you on the **** Ralph C Wilson

I know its petty to talk about the ones not here anymore but that guy was such a Dbag to this team. Always about his coin and never about the team. Cheap old ****.

I always said that I was 100% sure we would never, ever see the post season as long as he lived. That went on to be true. In fact part of his stench remains. See Brandon Russ, Whaley Doug, Overdorf Jim

The league changed with FA and the cap and Ralph never figured out how to change with it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Polian wasn't happy here anymore, he did all he could do, the salary cap age was here, he was getting antagonized with the media, said something along the lines of "appreciate these guys while you have them, it won't happen again" to paraphrase without looking up the quote, because he knew the cap changed things, wanted new worlds to conquer, moved along.

He's said multiple times, that people in their jobs get to a time where they need to move on and it's normal, also to paraphrase. Polian didn't want to be here so passionately anymore. Butler did fine with the cap and a new situation for a while and then it collapsed like it had to. Overdorf has done well with contracts for players a variety of personnel people gave him in most cases, but is always subject to GM's and coaches and plans.

I don't see how we could have maintained back then, FA and the cap was a new complication, Wilson spent huge at times on just not the right guys, hit or miss.

Polian was the best guiding football voice we ever had, but it played out like it had to. Wilson's biggest fault imho, was not finding another one, but then again even Levy helped him find Polian to begin with.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mace View Post
              he was getting antagonized with the media,

And in that 30 for 30 piece Polian made it very clear he was pissed off with the national media leading up to super bowl 27 for what Bill perceived to be "Overwhelming negativity" and endless questions about the Bills losing a 3rd straight Super Bowl and how he and the team werent prepared for it... Cant say I felt much sympathy for him when he was going on about it.. " Lack of preparedness" seemed to be a common theme amongst those Super Bowl losses

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

He kicked Wilsons daughter Linda out of the Draft room. That was well known and sealed his fate.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  He kicked Wilsons daughter Linda out of the Draft room. That was well known and sealed his fate.
                  Yes that was probably the last straw but its been said Ralph was getting tired of Bill and his ways it was a personality conflict and Ralph told Marv he had had enough and didn't want to be around or work with Bill anymore

Comment

• Mace
                    • Mar 2013

It was always so well known no one can ever come up with a link to anyone who witnessed it, and I've been pointing this out for years on boards. At best you get a link to the rumor, from another message board.

So if anyone wants to have a go nowadays, please do.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      It was always so well known no one can ever come up with a link to anyone who witnessed it, and I've been pointing this out for years on boards. At best you get a link to the rumor, from another message board.

So if anyone wants to have a go nowadays, please do.
                      I glad you pointed it out...but I did know 2 people in that room that told me the exact same story...so I tend to believe it. I don't need to prove diddly to anyone here. Believe what you wish.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
                        • Mar 2013

And in that 30 for 30 piece Polian made it very clear he was pissed off with the national media leading up to super bowl 27 for what Bill perceived to be "Overwhelming negativity" and endless questions about the Bills losing a 3rd straight Super Bowl and how he and the team werent prepared for it... Cant say I felt much sympathy for him when he was going on about it.. " Lack of preparedness" seemed to be a common theme amongst those Super Bowl losses
                        I'm not going to gripe at him, he was losing his temper a lot. Was starting to infuriate the fanbase "if you don't like it, get out of town", like anyone who was here and noticed in then was pleased, and overjoyed to have him stay. I can't blame Polian for the lack of preparation. He wanted to move on. It doesn't not make sense to me that he was upset about negativity, he did an awesome job in a brutal position in a sport with short memories. Like what more did people want ?

One last win is what people wanted. Can't blame Polian for not getting it. But you see a huge difference in thoughtful, calm Bill, than you observed in him back then. I'll say again, I think he needed to move on for his peace of mind like any of us haven't in jobs.

The Wilson relative thing though remains one of the most dedicated myths that no one ever proved, like staffers adhere to Omerta for their lives, and you only ever see it referred to by people referring to message board posts by other people..

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

I glad you pointed it out...but I did know 2 people in that room that told me the exact same story...so I tend to believe it. I don't need to prove diddly to anyone here. Believe what you wish.
                          I'm sure you did, like most message board posters referring to posts did. So like who in that room did you know besides the always generic people and why didn't they say anything anywhere else, I mean I'm not looking for social security numbers ? I'm not trying to be mean to you, but exactly why are your sources greater than the interwebs database of information ? You can get personally insulted with me if you want, but honestly, are you going to believe me saying whatever because I knew whoever ? Polian himself says his story of leaving, so he's lying ?

Comment

• Mace
                            • Mar 2013

So let's try and get to the bottom of Polian's grudge against Linda Bognan.

-The festy temptress thwarted known lothario Polians advances.

bogdan.jpg

-The studly Polian thwarted the minx. (look up your own pictures of Polian, you can see why she'd be all over him, yeah)

-He was troubled by a power hungry area scout who had an anonymous career until her death 15 years after he was gone, failing to capitalize on her unexpected success for a decade and a half while completely focused at the time on her grab for power.

-Owner's daughter gave him a case of the ass, like a savvy experienced executive has a hissy about a frumpy area scout or his boss's kid without being a savvy experienced executive worth a crap.

-Umm, something else other people said.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

You guys are ****ing idiots. Without Scrooge mc Ralph you wouldn't have a football team to cry about every year. I say, thank you Ralph.

Comment

Working...
                              X