PDA

View Full Version : Chip Kelly fired !

Victor7
12-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Just read it on twitter.

When you get fired on a Tuesday before a completely meaningless week 17 game instead of black Monday you know the team hates you.

buh bye Chip.

somewhere Shady McCoy is on the floor laughing

Mr. Pink
12-29-2015, 05:22 PM
Shocking.

Sucks for Philly fan who's now stuck waiting a few years for whoever's hired to fix the harm Chip did to the Eagles roster.

Mace
12-29-2015, 05:23 PM
Wow, I thought this was a joke post. Evidently not. Amazing.

YardRat
12-29-2015, 05:25 PM
We should be so lucky.

Mace
12-29-2015, 05:26 PM
And they hired Tom Donahoe as senior director of player personnel !

cookie G
12-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Dear Mr. Lurie, do we have a replacement coach for you...

...big market experience;
...good at the mike;
...room for an Eagles' tatoo on his enormous body;
...you'll be promised a return to the playoffs.

Please, please, please..

DraftBoy
12-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Damnit...potentially not good news for ND. Brian Kelly is said to really want that job if it opened up. Not sure Laurie goes back to the college ranks right away but it will have me worried.

swiper
12-29-2015, 05:44 PM
Just read it on twitter.

When you get fired on a Tuesday before a completely meaningless week 17 game instead of black Monday you know the team hates you.

buh bye Chip.

LOL. Just heard Ian Rapaport on WFAN in NYC on the ride home tell everybody that Lurie would keep him. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

justasportsfan
12-29-2015, 05:45 PM

Whaley must have learned from TD how to build a very good roster and stick a crappy coach and questionable QB's to lead the way

swiper
12-29-2015, 05:46 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

swiper
12-29-2015, 05:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/29/eagles-fire-chip-kelly/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/29/marynowitz-out-donahoe-in-for-eagles/

DraftBoy
12-29-2015, 06:00 PM
So LeSean McCoy wins, right?

Albany,n.y.
12-29-2015, 06:01 PM
He lasted 31 more games than I though he would. When he got hired I said 1 and done.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-29-2015, 06:04 PM
He was 5 games over.500 but he will be remembered as a failure because of his terrible GM moves.

feldspar
12-29-2015, 06:07 PM
Hmmm.

That guy made the most bone-headed personnel moves when they gave him the power. No doubt. Things that make you shake your head, even to the casual fan.

Kinda surprised still, but I can't act like he didn't have that coming.

swiper
12-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Won 10 games in 2013.

Won 10 games in 2014.

With meh QBs named, Vick, Foles, Sanchez, and Bradford.

PFT bringing up the possible move to Tennessee to coach Mariotta. Sure they won't let him be GM too.

Mace
12-29-2015, 06:08 PM
He was 5 games over.500 but he will be remembered as a failure because of his terrible GM moves.

They have to be comforted having Donahoe on hand to help.

They have Donahoe !!

Sure wish they were a division team.

YardRat
12-29-2015, 06:14 PM
Donahoe should have the title Sanitation Engineer, seems like he usually gets hired to clean up the previous guy's mess.

Mace
12-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Donahoe should have the title Sanitation Engineer, seems like he usually gets hired to clean up the previous guy's mess.

Been a senior advisor in Philly since 2012 (Reid). He's cleaning up his own mess ! Go figure !

Mike13
12-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Good gameday coach, **** GM. Titans are rumored to have intrest in him.

Mace
12-29-2015, 06:48 PM

Would make perfect sense to have him head to Marcus.

Night Train
12-29-2015, 06:54 PM
Any major college program with an opening will be calling.

DraftBoy
12-29-2015, 06:59 PM

There are not any current college jobs open.

Night Train
12-29-2015, 06:59 PM

He probably will take a year off and field a ton of calls next fall.

BillsImpossible
12-29-2015, 07:45 PM
He probably will take a year off and field a ton of calls next fall.

The Chip got dipped.

Now he's taking the Jim Schwartz approach.

paladin warrior
12-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Maybe USC will hire Chip Kelly

MillsapsBillsFan
12-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Maybe USC will hire Chip Kelly
honestly wouldnt be shocked to see them fire their coach and hire chip. When the big money boosters want something it usually happens

YardRat
12-29-2015, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at USC either (or Tennessee for that matter, but I'm not real confident he will stick with the pros)...the Trojans pulled the trigger on Helton pretty early, maybe just to keep the seat warm expecting somebody like Kelly to become available. It just happened sooner rather than later.

kingJofNYC
12-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Dude made the playoffs twice, LOL.

Honestly, his powerplay in the offseason killed him. Made some absolutely awful acquisitions, cost the team $, wins, and talent, but he never really won that power play. They kept Roseman around, and when you have the ex-GM as an Executive whispering into the owner's ear about how horrible your moves were your ****ing doomed.

BertSquirtgum
12-29-2015, 09:21 PM
LOL. Just heard Ian Rapaport on WFAN in NYC on the ride home tell everybody that Lurie would keep him. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Ian Rapaport has to be one of the dumbest ****s in this world. How he gets paid to do what he does blows my mind.

Albany,n.y.
12-29-2015, 09:23 PM

They'd be better off keeping Mularkey.

chernobylwraiths
12-30-2015, 05:26 AM
Dear Mr Lurie,

We will trade you McCoy back for a first round pick. He clearly would rather be there.

Sincerely,
Bills fans

DraftBoy
12-30-2015, 05:33 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at USC either (or Tennessee for that matter, but I'm not real confident he will stick with the pros)...the Trojans pulled the trigger on Helton pretty early, maybe just to keep the seat warm expecting somebody like Kelly to become available. It just happened sooner rather than later.

That would be classic USC.

Buffalogic
12-30-2015, 05:59 AM
He's an idiot. Drove a playoff team with some nice talent into the ground because he couldn't control his ego.

sukie
12-30-2015, 07:16 AM
Bring him in... worth a look.

Have him bring Keiko with him.

Scumbag College
12-30-2015, 07:35 AM
Rex and Shady for Flethcer Cox, DeMarco Murray, and some leftover Randell Cunningham jerseys. C'Mon Whaley, do it!

Bill Cody
12-30-2015, 08:13 AM
Are coaches contracts tradeable?

Buffalogic
12-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Are coaches contracts tradeable?Yes, if they remain employed. With Chip being fired the Eagles owe him 13 million over the next two seasons and is free to sign with another team. So he will be getting double pay for the next two years from the team that signs him and the eagles.

Bill Cody
12-30-2015, 09:05 AM
Yes, if they remain employed. With Chip being fired the Eagles owe him 13 million over the next two seasons and is free to sign with another team. So he will be getting double pay for the next two years from the team that signs him and the eagles.

I was just thinking we might have swapped train wrecks with Philly

Ingtar33
12-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Just read it on twitter.

buh bye Chip.

the problem the Eagles have is he just undid 10 years of team building in one offseason in control of personnel. they didn't get rid of him soon enough and now simply don't have the talent to compete in the NFL anymore. they're in for a long rebuild.

Victor7
12-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Are coaches contracts tradeable?

I think they are.

Doesn't really happen tough. Last I recall was Gruden to Tampa

Mahdi
12-30-2015, 09:50 AM
the problem the Eagles have is he just undid 10 years of team building in one offseason in control of personnel. they didn't get rid of him soon enough and now simply don't have the talent to compete in the NFL anymore. they're in for a long rebuild.

I think Kelly went a bit too far with having to acquire certain players and get rid of the guys that were there before him like McCoy, Desean and Foles.

That being said, he made the playoffs twice in his first two years and I actually think the roster is better than people realize but just missing a few key pieces.

On defense they have Cox, Graham, Vinny Curry, Connor Barwin and two pretty good safeties (Jenkins, Thurmond). They really need a big NT to keep their LBs clean though and they also need a good run stopping ILB. They also need a top cover corner opposite Byron Maxwell because he is not a no.1 corner.

On offense they have a lot of good pieces: Peters, Lane Johsnon, Jordan Matthews, Ertz, Agholor, Murray, Sproles, Ryan Matthews, Kelce. I actually think they should stick with Bradford and just improve the interior OL and add another good WR.

IMO this isn't a team that needs to rebuild but just add some pieces.

Ginger Vitis
12-30-2015, 09:58 AM
It has been said a couple of times in this thread Chip Kelly made the playoffs twice.. He only made it to the playoffs once..

Mahdi
12-30-2015, 10:02 AM
It has been said a couple of times in this thread Chip Kelly made the playoffs twice.. He only made it to the playoffs once..

Thanks for pointing out.

He did have two 10-6 seasons though.

Buckets
12-30-2015, 10:17 AM
"Longtime NFL executive Tom Donahoe will assume the role of senior director of player personnel"
They will be looking for their next playoff game for the next 16 years.

Bill Cody
12-30-2015, 11:46 AM
I think Kelly went a bit too far with having to acquire certain players and get rid of the guys that were there before him like McCoy, Desean and Foles.

That being said, he made the playoffs twice in his first two years and I actually think the roster is better than people realize but just missing a few key pieces.

On defense they have Cox, Graham, Vinny Curry, Connor Barwin and two pretty good safeties (Jenkins, Thurmond). They really need a big NT to keep their LBs clean though and they also need a good run stopping ILB. They also need a top cover corner opposite Byron Maxwell because he is not a no.1 corner.

On offense they have a lot of good pieces: Peters, Lane Johsnon, Jordan Matthews, Ertz, Agholor, Murray, Sproles, Ryan Matthews, Kelce. I actually think they should stick with Bradford and just improve the interior OL and add another good WR.

IMO this isn't a team that needs to rebuild but just add some pieces.

Bradford can't run that offense. You need a guy that can process info very quickly and has a quick release. That ain't Bradford. Nick Foles was actually much better for Kelly, Kelly just felt he wasn't good enough. Maybe so but Bradford was a big reason why that offense could not score. Another reason was Shady was a great fit for a shotgun offense and Demarco Murray isn't.

Mr. Pink
12-30-2015, 11:49 AM
That team won't be terrible if the right guy takes over and doesn't think the entire roster has to be rebuilt.

Offensively they can still compete if they tailor an offense around Bradford and Murray's strong suits...ie ditch the constant shotgun read option stuff.

Defensively, they do need a lot of work though.

If the new guy thinks it all needs to be torn down, they're in for a few years of mediocrity at best. One thing is for certain though, the way Chip left the team is much worse than the team he initially inherited.

IlluminatusUIUC
12-30-2015, 12:57 PM
People are way too high on Bradford IMO. When has he shown that he's worthy of having an offense built around him?

Mr. Pink
12-30-2015, 03:04 PM
I didn't say they would be great with Bradford, I'm meh with Bradford, he's alright. Not great, not terrible. Plus his injury concerns, since he's made of glass, are a worry. But if the dude stays healthy and has an offense that plays to his strengths he would be adequate as a bridge to whoever their next guy is.

Not saying that offense is Championship caliber as it stands now, but it's middle of the pack or a little above if it was tailored around the strengths of its assets instead of Chip Kelly's square peg round hole approach.

YardRat
12-30-2015, 08:16 PM
I have a feeling we're all going to experience group deja vu, around this time next year...

the problem the Bills have is he just undid 10 years of team building in one offseason in control of personnel. they didn't get rid of him soon enough and now simply don't have the talent to compete in the NFL anymore. they're in for a long rebuild.

PuntKicker
12-30-2015, 10:52 PM
So LeSean McCoy wins, right?

Other than in the head to head matchup, which is the only one I cared about.