BN Bucky : Pegulas in over their heads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

BN Bucky : Pegulas in over their heads...

The Pegulas now own two franchises going nowhere rather than just one. The Bills missed the playoffs for a 16th consecutive season with no end in sight. The Sabres entered Tuesday’s games in 26th place in the NHL. They were two points ahead of Anaheim, which had two games in hand and was one stop from the bottom.

Well I happen to agree with him. But I believe the Pegulas are still the way to go and will learn and adapt over time. I'm not happy with the job they've done to date, but I'm happy the Pegulas own the teams and will lead to better days ahead even if I don't last long enough to see them some day.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: BN Bucky : Pegulas in over their heads...

The Sabres hit rock bottom and are improving. Regarding the Sabres, he's FOS. Nothing expected this year but I don't wear his biased blinders. Murray was left with a major rebuild, due to Darcy.

He's making the same initial mistakes with the Bills and the jury is out on how Ryan will recover.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

This act between these two are so tired. But it is on the bills for being such a terribly run organization that pretty much any negative article will always end up right. It's the same brass at the top. The pegulas have changed anything.

As for the Sabres. He should try and watch the games. They were outclassed last year. This year they hold their own. They have played the Lightning well. The black hawks and the Kings. They beat a red hot Bruins team. But they are young. You can see the build. And you can see a few string of wins at this point they go from 26 into the thick of playoffs. No one was expecting a playoff appearance. They wanted improvement and a sign that it's getting better. It clearly is. Whether that shows up as a playoff appearance or cup win is to be seen. To call the experiment off now is the sign of complete baffoonery

Comment

• Mace
        • Mar 2013

I think my money is still on the Pegula's doing it right though they are having a struggle.

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

This is why Pegula is talking to Polian. He knows he's an engineer, not a football guy.

Comment

• Mace
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
            This is why Pegula is talking to Polian. He knows he's an engineer, not a football guy.
            Well I think he's a football guy who is an engineer not an engineer trying to be a football guy, but I can go along with this

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

It is what it is.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                This act between these two are so tired. But it is on the bills for being such a terribly run organization that pretty much any negative article will always end up right. It's the same brass at the top. The pegulas have changed anything.

As for the Sabres. He should try and watch the games. They were outclassed last year. This year they hold their own. They have played the Lightning well. The black hawks and the Kings. They beat a red hot Bruins team. But they are young. You can see the build. And you can see a few string of wins at this point they go from 26 into the thick of playoffs. No one was expecting a playoff appearance. They wanted improvement and a sign that it's getting better. It clearly is. Whether that shows up as a playoff appearance or cup win is to be seen. To call the experiment off now is the sign of complete baffoonery
                Agreed, it's extremely old and tired with the Sabres stuff.

The Eichel-O'Reilly-Risto-Reinhart core is looking great. The only deadweight on those teams are the veterans (Moulson contract looks terrible right now, Gionta at least expires soon). The sabres are headed in the right direction, have been playing well with Lehner out all year.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

New paint jobs and some logo blazoned carpeting?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    The Sabres hit rock bottom and are improving. Regarding the Sabres, he's FOS. Nothing expected this year but I don't wear his biased blinders. Murray was left with a major rebuild, due to Darcy.

He's making the same initial mistakes with the Bills and the jury is out on how Ryan will recover.
                    This ^

And many of us saw the same mistakes coming.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

Ryan and Roman don't have he skill set to be NFL coaches. I don't have as much a problem with Roman as OC, since a real coach could reel him in. But Ryan is a ****ing tool with no Head Coach skills.
                      The Pegulas are paying this guy elite money to lead a team and he down graded the performance on the field. I guess its this that and whatever. Whatever horse**** spews out of his mouth at the moment. Things like that. Blah blah blah. **** you Rex.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                        Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                        • Nov 2012

How many football crazy billionaires are there that want to own the Bills? Be glad there is one...

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jinglefoot View Post
                          How many football crazy billionaires are there that want to own the Bills? Be glad there is one...
                          That's what we had with Ralph and it got us maybe 12 good seasons peppered amongst 50+ years of mediocrity.

I watched the 30 for 30 on the Super Bowls today. It reminded me how knowledgeable and loyal our fan base is but it often comes at a price: blind loyalty to the point where mediocrity is accepted. The passion, the commitment, the tailgates are great, but when does it get rewarded with winning?

We need to lose the mentality that simply having a team is enough
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            This ^

And many of us saw the same mistakes coming.
                            LOL. Some of you should just stay lost in the football forum, because you're even more lost trying to talk hockey. The FACT is that the Sabres have a new coach, a new GM, some shiny new players and are one point out of last place. One point. They played the Capitals on Monday, got 31 SOG and couldn't score to save their lives. They are terrible. No matter how you want to spin it.

If it wasn't for the nightmare AKA as the Maple Leafs the Sabres would be cellar dwellars for the 3rd season in a row. That is a terrible owner. The Pegulas are a joke. As much as an a-hole as Gleason is, he is correct here.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

the only thing you could tag the pegulas with is that they went Lafontaine who left him high and dry within weeks and tim murray was somewhat accidental. he's trying the same thing with the bills. bring in old names to get people excited. and even polian's comments seem off. Hopefully polian's continuous spurning of the bills makes him look to a new guy who is willing to fix the whole thing. to me, it seems like the pegulas will let whaley and ryan figure this out for one more year. Too many contracts to call it off now. and when we hit 17 years, they'll gut the whole thing and people will given them the patience of building a long term winner properly. it just sucks that we are 3-5 years away from anything remotely competitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X