• Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Pegula acknowledges unfulfilled expectations, but big changes won’t be made

Cooler heads prevail
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pegula acknowledges unfulfilled expectations, but big changes won’t be made

Underachievers win the day again!

As long as those season ticket sales keep up, why bother winning?

Sixteen straight seasons of suck! (Next year's bumper sticker)

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

It was a letdown of a season but I don't want to be Cleveland with the 7 different OCs and QBs in 8 years or whatever it is. Let's keep Rex and Whaley and hope they either become successful or bottom out so we can start over completely with a top 5 pick.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

LOL... MAN THE SUICIDE HOTLINES!!

Comment

• sudzy
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
          LOL... MAN THE SUICIDE HOTLINES!!
          Russ Brandon will be calling. He has to try and sell tickets after this.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

the eagles kicked off the offseason a little early. the fact the bills issued a statement is interesting. one thing I think the pegulas have demonstrated is that they won't keep selling you the same thing over and over again. and they are loyal to the people they inherit. while frustrating as fans, it was a kind gesture to darcy and lindy to be given money and a chance to win. They had routinely been criticized for not having the means to get it done. and he gave it to them. And when it didn't work, he moved on.

I don't love the ryan experiment with russ obviously involved. and its seems like he'll keep being a part of everything. but another year or two of these results, I don't think the pegulas give us the old ralph line of continuity. and given the talk about how they've sought outside help, they may have simply concluded that their person is not yet available and changing for change sake won't make a meaningful difference.

if I bought the team, I would have cut the old guard out completely, thanked them for their service and brought it the best from the best teams. so I'm not a huge fan of this, but I don't think they'll just let it perpetuate for another 16 years. but this team isn't going anywhere soon for the next 3-5.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Rex gets the keys to defensive overhaul thats coming. I hope you're wrong Yardie... That he doesn't gut the defense now that we've built it only to be gone after next year.

If Rex is back Mario is gone- Didn't buy into the scheme and wants out IMO
              Bradham is gone- Underachieved all year and is UFA
              And Corey Graham may be gone as well- Rex's D's like the SS. If Aaaron Williams is done for good he may be kept, if not we'll be shopping for a SS

And now we'll need:
              Another ILB
              A NT
              A replacement for Williams
              A SS
              An upgrade at OLB

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                the eagles kicked off the offseason a little early. the fact the bills issued a statement is interesting. one thing I think the pegulas have demonstrated is that they won't keep selling you the same thing over and over again. and they are loyal to the people they inherit. while frustrating as fans, it was a kind gesture to darcy and lindy to be given money and a chance to win. They had routinely been criticized for not having the means to get it done. and he gave it to them. And when it didn't work, he moved on.

I don't love the ryan experiment with russ obviously involved. and its seems like he'll keep being a part of everything. but another year or two of these results, I don't think the pegulas give us the old ralph line of continuity. and given the talk about how they've sought outside help, they may have simply concluded that their person is not yet available and changing for change sake won't make a meaningful difference.

if I bought the team, I would have cut the old guard out completely, thanked them for their service and brought it the best from the best teams. so I'm not a huge fan of this, but I don't think they'll just let it perpetuate for another 16 years. but this team isn't going anywhere soon for the next 3-5.
                How was Ralph about continuity? Since the SB years did we have even 1 HC make it through their whole contract? Same for GM.

I'm not a fan of what I see as Rex's inability to coach the players to be disciplined winners. But, I can understand the desire to give him one more year.

Comment

• Cleve
                  • Oct 2004

Whaley was all in for EJ Manuel even just a few months ago - a guy who never should have been drafted in the first place. And QB is the SINGLE most important position on the team - if the GM is so wrong about the QB, why would he/should he be retained as the GM?

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                  per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Mario is gone no matter what else happens. You could bring in Mario's mother as a consultant & she'd take one look at his salary & say goodbye.

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      Rex gets the keys to defensive overhaul thats coming. I hope you're wrong Yardie... That he doesn't gut the defense now that we've built it only to be gone after next year.

And Corey Graham may be gone as well- Rex's D's like the SS. If Aaaron Williams is done for good he may be kept, if not we'll be shopping for a SS

And now we'll need:
                      Another ILB
                      A NT
                      A SS
                      An upgrade at OLB
                      with all of those replacements now coming in to what was teh 4th ranked D, it also means..

there won't be resources to improve the right side of the line. A RT is desperately needed, and though I liked the Miller pick, his pass blocking is well below NFL standards;

Either Glenn or Incognito, or possibly both, will be gone. And like RT, count on their replacement being a 5th round pick or lower.

It also means that you can kiss off the idea of drafting a QB this year (or the next). If TT's play proves to be a one year thing...which it very well may be...plan B is out the window.

It also means there probably won't be a quality no. 3 WR, unless we somehow get lucky.

All this because of one man's ego and his refusal to change .

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

" I can't believe he didn't hire Chip Kelly ! "
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                          It was a letdown of a season but I don't want to be Cleveland with the 7 different OCs and QBs in 8 years or whatever it is. Let's keep Rex and Whaley and hope they either become successful or bottom out so we can start over completely with a top 5 pick.
                          Thing is, what is the difference really?

3-13 vs 8-8 it's all the same in the end, since the ultimate goal is the Superbowl with a small goal of playoffs. Right now I'd say the real goal around here is just the playoffs and regardless if you're 3-13 or 8-8 you're nowhere closer to being where you want to be.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                            • Apr 2005

Its official. I will now be hanging my Bills flag upside down as a sign of distress until things turn around. When will that happen? When the Bills see the playoffs.
                            Rather then put the organization on notice the Pegulas are playing wait and see while collecting ticket and media money.
                            Last edited by sdbillsfan2; 12-30-2015, 03:21 PM.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

And now we'll need:
                              Another ILB
                              A NT
                              A SS
                              An upgrade at OLB
                              They have to gut it if they want to continue forward with Wrecks' defense. It was built last season, and already gone this. It's a damn shame...waiting for years for a ray of hope, a sign that the team was finally moving in a positive direction...getting it, and having it yanked away the very next year.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X