PDA

View Full Version : Please start EJ Sunday

Albany,n.y.
12-31-2015, 10:28 AM
Glenn wasn't at practice today & Cyrus Kouandjio lined up at LT. If CK starts I fear for the life of Tyrod Taylor. Rex please sacrifice EJ, since he's gone after this season and keep Tyrod in 1 piece for next season.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/31/thursday-practice-report-cyrus-kouandjio-lines-up-with-the-first-team/

Buffalogic
12-31-2015, 10:29 AM
Hell play Josh Johnson!

Victor7
12-31-2015, 10:45 AM
EJ Manuel should never, ever take another down of football for us.

If Taylor's safety is in peril start Johnson. Hell start JP Losman for all I care. But please do not make me sit through another EJ Manuel game.

Mr. Pink
12-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Can't start EJ.

If he goes out and wins, then you'll have an entire offseason with QB controversy. Especially if he doesn't have the typical Tyrod Taylor 160 yards 1 TD performance.

Albany,n.y.
12-31-2015, 12:07 PM
Can't start EJ.

If he goes out and wins, then you'll have an entire offseason with QB controversy. Especially if he doesn't have the typical Tyrod Taylor 160 yards 1 TD performance.

Even Whaley has given up on EJ. You must get lonely driving an empty bandwagon.

trapezeus
12-31-2015, 12:12 PM
the bills aren't going to show up. it's hard to get hurt on 3 and outs.

swiper
12-31-2015, 12:22 PM
Kyle Williams is returning however!

sudzy
12-31-2015, 12:52 PM
Can't start EJ.

Some people have a really hard time letting go, don't they?

Mr. Pink
12-31-2015, 01:05 PM
Some people have a really hard time letting go, don't they?

Some people just don't understand how the NFL works.

If you start EJ and he goes out and has a 300 yard game with 2-3 TDs and a pick...that's better than anything we've seen Tyrod do. He does that and you have a full blown controversy and competition in camp/preseason.

If the team has moved on from him, then they move on and don't allow him a window to show anything that might be second guessed.

And because people don't understand my position on the QBs...we have Terrelle Pryor and Akili Smith. One's a QB, one isn't, and they both suck.

Yasgur's Farm
12-31-2015, 02:09 PM
pink... I fully understand your frustration with people not listening (reading with comprehension) to your position.

Bottom line is this... They are doing it intentionally because it makes them feel like internet big shots.

Scumbag College
12-31-2015, 02:10 PM
Rex has to know that he will look really bad if the Bills go from 9-7 to 7-9 in his first year as coach AND the Jets go 11-5 and make the playoffs after looking as horrible as they did last year. No way EJ starts.

Mr. Cynical
12-31-2015, 02:59 PM
Actually if EJ played and had a good game, might help his trade value. And, since I want the Jets to completely embarrass them to give even the faintest hope of seeing Rex get fired (and help draft position), starting EJ would help those odds as well. So yeah, why not. Start him. We win if he wins, and win if he loses.

But, it won't happen.

Ingtar33
12-31-2015, 04:04 PM
Can't start EJ.

pick out Tyrods per game stats (for this year) included is some stats of NFL QBs who had a long career (2 of whom are still playing and the other retired recently). Bonus points if you can spot the two multiple probowlers.

12 for 22, 157 py/g, 6.98y/a, 0.9 TD/g, 0.6 INT/g; 80.4 Rating
6 rush/game, 42 ry/g

vs

18 for 32, 223 py/g, 6.9y/a, 1.4 TD/g, 0.7 INT/g; 85.6 Rating
3 rush/game, 20 ry/g

vs

17 for 27, 219 py/g, 7.8y/a, 1.5 TD/g, 0.4 INT/g; 95.9 Rating
7 rush/game, 40 ry/g

vs

17 for 28, 193 py/g, 6.7y/a, 1.1 TD/g, 0.6 INT/g; 84.6 Rating
3 rush/game, 15 ry/g

-----------------------------

for fun, here is EJ's

15 for 24, 160 py/g, 6.4 y/a, 0.9 TD/g, 0.8 INT/g; 78.5 Rating
4 rush/game, 14 ry/g

Mr. Cynical
12-31-2015, 04:13 PM
pick out Tyrods per game stats (for this year) included is some stats of NFL QBs who had a long career (2 of whom are still playing and the other retired recently). Bonus points if you can spot the two multiple probowlers.

12 for 22, 157 py/g, 6.98y/a, 0.9 TD/g, 0.6 INT/g; 80.4 Rating
6 rush/game, 42 ry/g

vs

18 for 32, 223 py/g, 6.9y/a, 1.4 TD/g, 0.7 INT/g; 85.6 Rating
3 rush/game, 20 ry/g

vs

17 for 27, 219 py/g, 7.8y/a, 1.5 TD/g, 0.4 INT/g; 95.9 Rating
7 rush/game, 40 ry/g

vs

17 for 28, 193 py/g, 6.7y/a, 1.1 TD/g, 0.6 INT/g; 84.6 Rating
3 rush/game, 15 ry/g

-----------------------------

for fun, here is EJ's

15 for 24, 160 py/g, 6.4 y/a, 0.9 TD/g, 0.8 INT/g; 78.5 Rating
4 rush/game, 14 ry/g

Ok, post the answers. Killing me.

Ingtar33
12-31-2015, 04:18 PM
I was wrong, Alex Smith made a probowl, making all 3 of the other QBs probowlers

1) Michael Vick - 4 Time Probowler
2) Donovan McNabb - 6 Time Probowler
3) Tyrod Taylor
4) Alex Smith - 2 Time Probowler

Mr. Pink
12-31-2015, 04:47 PM
I was wrong, Alex Smith made a probowl, making all 3 of the other QBs probowlers

1) Michael Vick - 4 Time Probowler
2) Donovan McNabb - 6 Time Probowler
3) Tyrod Taylor
4) Alex Smith - 2 Time Probowler

That's no fair, I knew Vick was 1 and Taylor 3.

I'm assuming you did Vick's numbers by games played not starts however and Taylor is just based on his starts this year.

Of course you can overinflate your stats when you're chucking the ball downfield on the sidelines repeatedly.

swiper
12-31-2015, 05:06 PM
LOL @ anyone suggesting EJ Manuel would go out and have a good game.

Let's hope we never see that guy take a snap ever again. One of the worst ever.

Ingtar33
12-31-2015, 06:43 PM
That's no fair, I knew Vick was 1 and Taylor 3.

I'm assuming you did Vick's numbers by games played not starts however and Taylor is just based on his starts this year.

Of course you can overinflate your stats when you're chucking the ball downfield on the sidelines repeatedly.

yes, all stats (including tyrod) were done based on one standard, the same standard, which is games played. I know vick's numbers are dragged down by his past few years, but even cutting them out they aren't in the league of alex smith, so i didn't bother to play games with any numbers to be "fair", by arbitrarily cutting bad years or backup seasons.

I don't make any claims either about what this means about Tyrod as a QB. He has a much smaller body of work then even EJ does (13 games vs 21). So a few big or a few bad games can skew the numbers a bit more for him. I just was a bit irritated by your typical half cocked sounding off about t.taylor (when you talked tyrod's 'typical game' being 160y, 1td game_ when the numbers don't even come close to supporting that (actually he's had a respectable year).

->I was listing to national sports radio today and a couple of talking heads were talking about the Bills and Mario Williams, Rex Ryan and the disappointment this year. Sorta surprised me because i don't often hear serious bills talk where i live, and I thought it was interesting the commentators said "you have to view buffalo as an OFFENSIVE team these days" because "they're the no.1 rushing offence, they have a lot of talent at WR and TE, and they have a skilled QB who's having a great year, conversely their defense has been a major disappointment, and if there is one reason they're not going to make the playoffs, unlike the past few years you can't blame it on the offense, the finger should be pointed squarely at ryan."

They went on to say "the fact the organization is talking about cutting mario williams, what that would tell me as a bills fan is, the organization has more trust in rex ryan, then it does in mario williams, you know, the DE who had 10, 13, 14 sack seasons prior to ryans arrival, and now ryan has covering running backs"

I kid you not, this was the conversation on a Fox Sports national sports radio program. It's a fascinating take I've not seen here. The idea that management has more faith in Ryan then it does in Mario Williams.

-sidenote: our offense this year is no.1 rushing, no.11 total yards, and no.12 in scoring. Our best offensive showing since Drew Bledsoe was under center.

BillsImpossible
12-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Just Say No.

Ingtar33
12-31-2015, 06:57 PM
(cont) In fact the number of years we've been better is pretty small. in 2004 we were a better scoring offense and a MUCH WORSE yardage offense, and 2002 we were better scoring and yardage (both years with Bledsoe); then you have to track back further to RoboSack/Flutie in 2000 (better scoring offense, worse yardage), or Flutie in '98 (both yards and scoring were better), and then you have to track back to '93 to our last superbowl season to find a better offense.

This has been an atypically good year for Bills offense. As i keep saying, the OFFENSE was not the problem this year. We're going to miss the playoffs due to the defense. Draft a QB, Draft OL, Draft LB, Draft Safety, those are our holes. But lets stop this nonsense about firing the OC or starting EJ

-if you want to put this year in perspective, if we hang 44 on the jets we'll have put up the most points a bills team has put up in a season since the first two superbowl seasons. (we are not going to hang 44 on the jets, just pointing out how bad/mediocre bills offenses have been for DECADES, and now we have a solid one and everyone is *****ing)

Turf
12-31-2015, 09:05 PM
If Rex had just left the defense alone instead of bringing in his cronies. It's not your mouth Rex, or your tacky moves (which I hate). It's your coaching, you're dumb.

BertSquirtgum
01-01-2016, 01:09 AM
Should start EJ because he's better than the black JP Losman.

sudzy
01-01-2016, 03:14 AM
Should start EJ because he's better than the black JP Losman.

What? I've been saying since day one, EJ is the black JP. A cannon for an arm but not much going on upstairs. Another dumb play, another pick 6. Taylor set the Bills record for most passes without an interception. He is the anti-Losman.

HHURRICANE
01-01-2016, 08:18 AM
Rex has to know that he will look really bad if the Bills go from 9-7 to 7-9 in his first year as coach AND the Jets go 11-5 and make the playoffs after looking as horrible as they did last year. No way EJ starts.

Smartest post if the day....

Rex will have to hear this nationally not just locally. This game is a must win for him.

Bill Cody
01-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Smartest post if the day....

Rex will have to hear this nationally not just locally. This game is a must win for him.

Rex has a 5 year contract. He doesn't have any must win games