• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Dysfunction alert

just terrible transcript by Thurman. This is a clown show with zero accountability to get the product right. The drought hits 20 and we'll need another rebuild. It's hard to spin anything positive out of that interview.
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Dysfunction alert

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
    http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/01/248356/

just terrible transcript by Thurman. This is a clown show with zero accountability to get the product right. The drought hits 20 and we'll need another rebuild. It's hard to spin anything positive out of that interview.
    Generic puppet like Modkins was as Gailey's OC. Company line. Rex does all the talking for his staff and then some.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

I have no idea how a guy survives this interview. Rex will have to sell a guy or two down the road. If he doesn't he'll have to resign.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Truest words spoken by one of Wrecks' crew...

"See again, you guys assume I know what’s going on. I have no idea."
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

He's a Ryan man, Ryan is all about loyal. Good job, Dennis.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
            • Apr 2005

Either he's trying to cover Wreck's a** and trying to limit in house fighting or he's the dumbest SOB around. Honestly , I suspect the later , especially coming from this group.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

So this dumb **** was our upgrade. Wonderful.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

It comes off more like a sarcastic how dare you question me tone to me. So he's either to dumb to fix the problem or to arrogant to admit there is a problem. Can't wait for next year!

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

HaHaHa. I wouldn't answer any questions either if I were in his position, either.

However, Dennis Thurman was a pretty good player in Dallas. He QBed Landry's defense after Charlie Waters retired. Not an easy task because of it's complexity.

I also think that players airing grievances in the media looks like excuse making. They haven't lived up to expectations so it may be a little bit of scapegoating.

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

Well, he has set himself up perfectly to be the fall guy. The axe has to fall on him.
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                      HaHaHa. I wouldn't answer any questions either if I were in his position, either.

However, Dennis Thurman was a pretty good player in Dallas. He QBed Landry's defense after Charlie Waters retired. Not an easy task because of it's complexity.

I also think that players airing grievances in the media looks like excuse making. They haven't lived up to expectations so it may be a little bit of scapegoating.

Agreed but but it shouldn't come down to this.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Agreed but but it shouldn't come down to this.
                        No, no it shouldn't have. If the players weren't "getting" the defense after all of training camp, pre-season and a few regular season games, it should have been simplified. Didn't we hear how communication and complexity were a problem?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/01/248356/

he's obviously covering for Ryan, no DC could possibly be this disconnected from what's going on with his unit unless he's a brain dead idiot. Since i am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not a brain dead idiot, he's got to be covering for Rex Ryan.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

I don't think Thurman is an idiot but this defiant bravado to either protect Ryan or simply to be mean to reporters after a tough year is ridiculous. His answers are childish. There is a better way to give reporters hard times than throw fuel on fire. It showcases that when things weren't working no one knew how to get on same page and no one looked for answer. They just wanted to be right and have others agree

And tyler dunne hasn't been Bucky or sully. He tends to get fair accurate non opinion pieces.

Comment

Working...
                            X