PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan Friend or Foe

Typ0
01-03-2016, 07:09 AM
What say you? My thoughts are this: the operations component of the team is a cluster****. This is a serious issue that seems to have been ignored. The team continues to have communication problems to the point I expect them to go out and get it over with today. Coaching and administration has contributed significantly to our ability to win games. Can Ryan change this? I hope so, but the evidence on the table states different.

He's going to get a shot with at least another squad. That is exciting in many ways. Yea! Consistency. There also does seem to be a rift between Whaley and the coaching staffs. It is hard to ignore the evidence.

justasportsfan
01-03-2016, 10:40 AM
I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he learned from his mistakes with jets. He's doing the same crappy coaching mistakes and it gotten worse that all probowl players are playing like dumb loudmouth idiots as well.

feldspar
01-03-2016, 10:45 AM
If Rex were my friend, he would lend me some money.

I wouldn't call him my friend, but I believe he's trying to do his job well. He's on our side, so there is that. He's our comrade by default. The real question is how good of a job he'll do going forward. We'll see. There is no unconditional love going on here

Mace
01-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Well, I had to vote friend because he thinks he's on our side. Unfortunately he's his own worst enemy which also makes him ours. We've all had a friend who was a great friend but started cluelessly ruining things every time you turned your back on them. They'd stay your friend as long as you could manage to tolerate not calling them a foe, until that one day when they put you over the edge...by trashing something they had no business even having anything to do with.

Typ0
01-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Great analysis guys. I agree Ryan is on our side--I am just questioning if we have that going for us. Time will tell. The New York media is a **** show. Whaley does not have the option to choose a Rex Ryan all star show he needs to increase the overall talent on the team. We need to get better at the QB position. I think Taylor can play but to have everything resting on one guy staying on the field is unwise. There are good players to build a defense around but they need to be given something they can work with and put in a position to succeed which it is clear they were not this season.

YardRat
01-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Friends give you things...like wins, when they HC the Jets.
Foes take things away from you, like an already built, dominant defense.

I think my vote is obvious.