PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatrick and Gailey got canned for a reason....

HHURRICANE
01-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Chan Gailey's offense and Fitzpatrick came up with 17 points against a defense that was missing:

Kyle Williams, Darby, Gilmore, Bradham, Williams, and on and on and on.

Same old Fitzpatrick. Guarantee he's way worse next year and the Jets won't even be .500.

Novacane
01-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Gailey got fired here because he tied his wagon to Fitz. We would of drafted Russell Wilson if Gailey wasn't convinced he already had his QB in Fitz. Chan's a good OC but his fascination with Fitz is mind boggling. Fitz may have been their best option this year but he's no long term answer. If Chan has his way Fitz will be starting again next year. I think Bowles is smarter than that.

justasportsfan
01-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Gailey got canned because he's nothing more than an OC and Fitz is nothing more than a back up who had a good year because of Marshall.

Turf
01-03-2016, 06:36 PM
Gailey got fired because he couldn't hire a good DC and he didn't think you could kick FG's over 48 yards.

Thurmal
01-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Some Bills fans have a weird connection with Fitzpatrick. Yeah, he's a good guy, and I loved that one time we beat NE with him, but I was still pulling for the Bills today. He had Brandon Marshall on Mario Butler for the entire second half and threw three picks. Enough said.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Tried to tell my Jets friends that the FitzMagic WILL run out someday. He WILL start tossing INTs like skittles. They kept laughing, saying it was just because he was in Buffalo.

Ok, then. How'd that work out for ya?

mdcas22
01-03-2016, 07:02 PM
no matter how you look at it Fitz set records in NY this year, over 30 td pass's and right at 4000 yards passing. he had a bad game today but had a great season no doubt.

BleedinGreenNC
01-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Tried to tell my Jets friends that the FitzMagic WILL run out someday. He WILL start tossing INTs like skittles. They kept laughing, saying it was just because he was in Buffalo.

Ok, then. How'd that work out for ya?

Lets see, from 4-12 to 10-6. Fitz played great for us, and i look forward to next season. How is that 16 year thing going for ya?

mdcas22
01-03-2016, 07:18 PM
Lets see, from 4-12 to 10-6. Fitz played great for us, and i look forward to next season. How is that 16 year thing going for ya?

sometime the Bills fans go over board. I think what they are trying to say is what you seen from Fitz is all your gonna get, another words it gets no better this was his best yet and it was, he and gaily have always seen eye to eye here in Buffalo they didn't have the talent like yall have in NY.

TacklingDummy
01-03-2016, 07:21 PM
If Chan can get that out of Fitz, imagine what he could do with a real Quarterback.

HHURRICANE
01-03-2016, 07:30 PM

16 years is ridiculous and that's on the Bills organization.

But assuming that you have something different in Fitzpatrick when he did exactly the same thing in Buffalo is a little delusional.

Thurmal
01-03-2016, 07:53 PM
How is that 16 year thing going for ya?
A lot better knowing that the scumbag Jets aren't going to the playoffs.

Mace
01-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Gailey got fired here because he tied his wagon to Fitz. We would of drafted Russell Wilson if Gailey wasn't convinced he already had his QB in Fitz. Chan's a good OC but his fascination with Fitz is mind boggling. Fitz may have been their best option this year but he's no long term answer. If Chan has his way Fitz will be starting again next year. I think Bowles is smarter than that.

It's really peculiar he's done that his whole career, makes do with whoever, instead of ever developing his ideal, or pushing aggressively for one.

Victor7
01-04-2016, 08:18 AM
I like Fitz. Always will. Classy guy that always gave it all here.

But no way I wanted him to make the playoffs at our expense. If he was somewhere else sure. But no with the Jets.

Sorry bro. But not on our house.

Mr. Pink
01-04-2016, 09:44 AM
10-6 vs 8-8

I'd rather be 10-6

BleedinGreenNC
01-04-2016, 10:26 AM

Really? That much better? I would say it stings very bad......

Bill Cody
01-04-2016, 10:28 AM
You know your team is in the depths when jets fans troll you

BleedinGreenNC
01-04-2016, 10:30 AM
You know your team is in the depths when jets fans troll you

No trolling, but when i have a thread made just about me i have to defend myself!

Oaf
01-04-2016, 10:37 AM

Not really. I'd take the Jets in there over the Steelers.

Fitz is as class act as it gets. Loved to have seen the Browns actually play football for once and the Jets to end up going anyway.

Bill Cody
01-04-2016, 10:49 AM
No trolling, but when i have a thread made just about me i have to defend myself!

Even if you were it's ok we have to accept it

justasportsfan
01-04-2016, 11:27 AM

I think the jets are ahead defensively and the bills are ahead of the jets Offensively. What you see in Fitz is as good as it gets. Tyrods ceiling is higher.

Cleve
01-05-2016, 05:53 AM
Sunday was a classic Pickpatrick performance; even more so than the first time the Bills beat the Jets this year. THREE interceptions late in the 4th quarter - that's just epic Pickpatrick stuff right there. No team can win when your "starting QB" throws 3 picks late in the game. We used to see this Sunday after Sunday when he played for Buffalo - glad to see it happening to another team.

Imagine if the Bills had gotten Russell Wilson instead of being saddled with Fitzpatrick due to the inexplicable love affair of Gailey for a journeyman, ham and egger career backup QB, Fitzpatrick? It's a flawed fantasy - because no doubt the Bills front office and coaching staff would be too much of a hindrance for Russell Wilson or any QB to overcome.

gebobs
01-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Lets see, from 4-12 to 10-6. Fitz played great for us, and i look forward to next season.
That's his ceiling, for sure. Expect regression to the mean. 10-6 to only miss the playoffs, bummer. And just think, if Fitz could only have beaten his former team twice, something the Jaguars did for Pete's sake, and the Bills without about a third of their starters, the Jets would have won the division.

But that's Fitz for ya. Just good enough to lose. I knew he was going to blow it. It's too bad. I like Fitz. But there was some satisfaction knowing others felt the same pain we had with him.

How is that 16 year thing going for ya?

You cut to the quick, sir.

pmoon6
01-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Lets see, from 4-12 to 10-6. Fitz played great for us, and i look forward to next season. How is that 16 year thing going for ya?The only reason you don't have a "16 year thing" going for ya is because of two coaches, Herm Edwards and Eric Mangina. Where exactly are they now? Oh and Rexy, who got you to two AFC title games.

The Jets tried to buy players, like Favre and that still didn't get you over the hump.

So enjoy your off season. Revis and Harris will probably be playing golf with Rexy, along with Bart Scott. They will all be laughing about how stupid Jets and Bills Fans are for thinking that either franchise is ever going to sniff the Super Bowl.